Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There are ogres that are small enough to be playable. At least there were, in Loch Modan I believe. In the RPG books, they were, on average, shorter than Tauren.

Making ones at a size to be playable is no trouble at all.

As for female ogres. True, there are none to date, but that has been true of other races in the past, such as Draenei. The masks already establish that they (probably) exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You bet they are!

I'm just saying, there is a Blizzard concept for female Ogres, though there are no full models in game.
    Think lipstick and polka-dot bows in their hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course there are female ogres. Your eyes just refuse to acknowledge them.
    Maybe they're hard to spot because they look like the males (like the LotR Dwarves that have beards like the males).

Honestly I think vykrul would make a way cooler race.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Ogre is the one race I would get exited if they were adding to the game. I'm not really one for lore so I don't know how or under what circumstances this would work but oh boy I would play me some Ogres.
    Lore-wise? Well there's friendly Ogre NPCs throughout Azeroth. Including a large camp friendly to the Horde in Brackenwall Village. Also there's intelligent Ogres in Ogri-la in Blade's Edge Mountains in Outland. Any or all of those tribes could join the Horde.

There's certainly precedent, Ogres/Ogre-Magi were an iconic Horde unit in Warcraft 2, the equivalent of Paladins (things were very different back then :P). Of course Thrall's New Horde doesn't have Ogres in it but it could easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    As for female ogres. True, there are none to date, but that has been true of other races in the past, such as Draenei.
    Not to mention Dwarves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
    Doorways.

Doorways are already a problem for the larger races of wow such as the Tauren. many of which Tauren cannot pass through mounted, this problem extends to the other larger races also I would think, Such as Draenei. Someone please comment on this, as I'm not much of an Alliance player.

How many doorways would Blizz have to redesign to acommodate a race that is naturally quite a bit larger than tauren ingame? I suppose the ogres could be shrank to near tauren size, but... what's the point of a little ogre?

Thoughts? Discuss.
    Half-Ogres about the Size of Tauren, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's easy to just explain that we play a tribe that is sized smaller than other ogres for whatever reason.

For me the larger difficulty is figuring out how to make dual-heads work.
    Check out the Splinter Fist ogres of Duskwood. Can't be any taller than a tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Of course there are. They just don't have a model yet.

Male Ogre
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...er_Warrior.jpg

Female Ogre? definitely wearing a Plate bra
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...maul_Brute.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
    Doorways.

Doorways are already a problem for the larger races of wow such as the Tauren. many of which Tauren cannot pass through mounted, this problem extends to the other larger races also I would think, Such as Draenei. Someone please comment on this, as I'm not much of an Alliance player.

How many doorways would Blizz have to redesign to acommodate a race that is naturally quite a bit larger than tauren ingame? I suppose the ogres could be shrank to near tauren size, but... what's the point of a little ogre?

Thoughts? Discuss.
    People that use this reason/excuse drive me crazy, and it's a short drive.

Have you not played World Of Warcraft? Have you not leveled a character and fought Ogres that are not so huge that they can't fit through a door?

There are different tribes of Ogres and of different sizes.
    I am amazed at the sheer amount of unimaginative people that play this fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Check out the Splinter Fist ogres of Duskwood. Can't be any taller than a tauren.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-01-24 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Welp, I've gotta go bleach my brain now.

Tauren were actually significantly bigger and shrunken for WOW, which caused some complaining in the community.
    Ogres come in many shapes and sizes as it is.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

They're too fat to fit in any gear. It'd look really silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    One: Female Ogres do exist. A JC daily has you make a batch of, I think the jasper, because a shipment was lost on an isle full with female ogres. There are also RPG book references to it. They are kinda like female worgen- blizz cba to make em yet.

Two: Lorewise, your average ogre is slightly smaller then a Tauren. In game, Tauren SHOULD be about 30% bigger then they are portrayed. They are a giant species. However, in game mechanics, it was tried, and Tauren were shrunk simply because it wasn't fun to not enter any doorways (I love me the Vrykul Drinking Horn, takes me back to the size Tauren SHOULD be). We could easily become smaller ogre size, the size of Tauren or smaller.

Now, as for funs? I would like an option of 2 headed ogre as stated in the April's Fools. THAT would be interesting and new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

You're right we won't see them as a class, we'll see them as a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But i wanted to be a Night Elf Ogre!
    Night elf mohawk man, night elf mohawk..

I agree downsizing the player ogres would be the easiest solution but why on earth would anyone want to play a mini ogre id much rather have some other race with a 2 head option that could fit thru doors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    There are also no female ogres. Well, that's assuming they're not a dimorphic species.
    Was it ever specifically stated that Cho'Gall was male? You can thank me later for the pictures in your heads.
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-01-24 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Was it ever specifically stated that Cho'Gall was male? You can thank me later for the pictures in your heads.
    Why you son of a.....

*claws out eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    They're too fat to fit in any gear. It'd look really silly.
    Yeah.. not all thin like the Pandaren are .

Clearly Ogres will be the next playable race for the Horde.
    Rexxar will be their racial leader and will help Thrall bring the Horde back to what it was before Garrosh.
    Their mounts are boars, and their is more then a concept, they have the models ready for female Ogres, we'll be seeing all this at Blizzcon.
    I cannot prove my sources but lets just say it's happening.