Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    177, different friends and old classmates, can't bear all the little kiddies from my schools... *shiver* Ugh

Just over 100 from what I remember. I may not talk to them all on a regular basis, but at one point in my life I cared about them, so it's nice to keep up to date with what's going on. I'm also lucky in that most of them aren't the type to do the stereotypical 'dumb facebooker' stuff, and if they are then I can just hide their status updates or whatever, so it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It's a pretty nifty way to get information without even bothering though, events for example, invites to music shows for example. There has been countless of times that I would have missed out on a good show or party had I not been on FB.

Groups can be pretty great to.
    But it's not free. Facebook is free because they sell your information to various places. Besides, there are lots of avenues for that kind of stuff :/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

56 and i only really talk with less than 10 of theme.

I only joined fb because 3 years ago when i was in high school we had two hot teachers and friends who had fb already told me those teachers had bikini photos on fb. After that i added my close friends, some family, 2 or 3 teachers and old class mates.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Bullshit. I want to know how my brother's day has been? "Hey bud, how's your day been?" "Pretty good man, how bout yours?" "Can't complain. You up for dinner at 6?" "Sure man, meet at that Mexican place?" "See ya there man."

Bam. I've just found out how his day was and made arrangements to eat dinner with him in like 60 seconds of talking.
    I got 50 people online right now on my Facebook in the middle of the night. Any one of them I could ask out to dinner right now (without necessarily getting a yes). I never needed to learn their numbers or pester their phone.

I did this right now, in honor of your username:

I also learned that my friend is a bastard who likes shark fin!

But yea, silliness aside, as mentioned above it's also a great way to learn of events/things without ever meaning to. The other day an old family friend died and his family posted it on FB, and I was able to give my condolences (as little as they may mean). I never would've known otherwise because the guy lives half way around the world.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Friends, family, photography networking/sharing
    tenchars
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

But it's not free. Facebook is free because they sell your information to various places. Besides, there are lots of avenues for that kind of stuff :/
    The problem is, people aren't over there. Most people are on Facebook nowadays because Facebook is like a Swiss army knife; everything is there.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Or you could... You know, not use the site like you're a 10-16 year old Girl and realise that there is a extremely handy side to it.

Events, it's the main thing I use it for and it's the most easy to use and fantastic feature of practically any website. Make a "Movies Event" ... Invite 10 Friends ... Easily discover that 3 can't make it but the other 7 will be there. Setting a time and date is simple as heck and then you can just use the Events 'Wall' to figure out what Movie you want to see and where ETC.

So instead of me having to make the executive decision of what movie, when and where and then calling or texting everyone and making sure they know what's happening. Everyone gets to help decide what/when/where and it's entirely free instead of possibly having to pay for Phone Calls/Text (Unlikely these days but I know a couple of friends that still use Pre-Paid Phone instead of a Plan).

If you don't like what those idiots are saying who use Facebook like you described, Delete them as a friend or Unsubscribe... Then CONGRATS all your Facebook problems are solved.
    I think I love you sir. I was about to reply to Facebook McScrooge like you, however you said everything I wanted in a much clearer and less offensive way

160ish, mostly very good IRL friends and acquaintances.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    5000 on each of my ten accounts. They're all my friends and we go out clubbing every week.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    One word:
    LinkdIn.
    Never heard of it. I like the guy you quoted use facebook for events, friend events as well as concerts and raves and whatnot. I've got promoters as facebook friends so it's the best way to find out the latest events and damn good for getting industry tickets and whatnot.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Never said it was free, just easy ;P. My personal information has been on there since 2007 so that train is long gone. There are things that I dislike with it, but there are good things about it as well, it's quite convinient both for someone looking(or not bothering to look) for info and for someone who wants to spread info for example. You could throw a party and the only thing you would need to do to market said party is creating an event on FB, rather then having posters printed(which costs money) etc.

You just have to weigh the pros against the cons, I don't think it's wrong not to use it, I don't think it's wrong to use it either.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    x2.

I gave it up a few years ago, it was immensely boring and I never spoke to my real life friends on it, it mostly became a way for people I went to school/college with to add me and 'see how you are going....' zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yup I 'quit' but after my family whined I@ve got a new account mostly to stay in contact with them more easily. However now its just the same banal bullshit from people I could care less about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

0. The internet never forgets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Been on and off the site over the years. I only go back because it's always cool to see what people have been up too. But overall I don't get what is so fascinating about the site.
    That's the whole point of the site? But yea, I got 121. Could easily get rid of few dozen of them (people I havent really even talked to in yeeeears) but then again, it's fun to see how people are doing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    One word:
    LinkdIn.
    Why would you use LinkedIn to arrange movie events for friends? It's a professional network.

/facepalm

About 10, but I'm not using it.. maybe checking once a month if anything life changing has happened to anyone of the them.

Deleted
    285, and i know all of them, whether i talk to them all is a different thing. Mostly old classmates etc

Honestly i just log in, take a quick scroll through everything, complain that all there is are bad memes everywhere, then log off and repeat. I rarely post anything, and when i do its usaully just links from youtube etc onto my close friends walls about something they would like, often game related.

Deleted
    Had to log in to check since I haven't actually thought about it... Apparently had 11 friends, though I don't even keep in touch with most of those either. The only reason I ever log in to facebook is to keep in touch with one of them, a girl I've liked for several years but she's always been taken. We have always been good friends but I'm hoping that some day we could be something more.

I log on every now and then and respond to whatever message she has left me, and she does pretty much the same thing. Sometimes to decide to meet up for coffee in the city to catch up face to face.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-01-24 at 09:49 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly zero. If people want to talk to me, they have my phone number. And if I want to talk to them, I call them up. I see no reason to use facebook or any other kind of social media (except for Youtube).

Zero. No facebook. Absolutely hate it.