Absorbs followed by mind control question

Hello. I have a question about mind control in pve- for fights like Grand Vizier Zor'lok, Amber Shaper Un'sok, or any fight where you get mind controlled in general, what happens to a spirit shell/aegis that is stacked on the player beforehand? Does it stick around?

Basically I am trying to figure out if I should be putting aegis/SS on the raid before the convert on Grand Vizier encounter.

Also, if anyone knows if unequipping a weapon before convert will reduce the mind control target's damage, please let me know!

Thanks.

Deleted
    I wondered the same questions, but I have no answer.

Either:
    1) the shield is removed (unlikely, IMHO)

2) the shield is kept, raid needs to do more damage to bring to 50% and remove control

3) the shield is kept, raid needs to do the same damage to remove control (target will have >50% HP when this happens)

I believe it is #2. I never put shields on when a convert is near, just in case.

Deleted
    Quite certain that #2 is the case for zorlok aye, this comparatively (to your dpsers damage) small shield should hardly make a difference though, so don't be afraid to spirit shell the raid before convert (especially in p2). For spirit kings just doing 40k damage to the shield (and not the actual player health) will be enough to break it. I doubt that shields on the player goes on the construct for amber-shaper, but it's not something I've been paying attention to (and even if they did that'd hardly be relevant).

I tried sprit shell before the convert last night on heroic 25. It wasn't a good idea. The MCed people didnt take any damage for 4 secs while the dps worked through my shields.

Deleted
    The best think u can do is let everyone except tank use their problematic abilties such as stuns or bursty abilites before mind control happens.
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2013-01-25 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Shielding at Spirit kings before covert definitelly isn't a good idea.
    It's pretty fantastic on Spirit Kings actually. But it is pretty horrible for Zor'lok. The difference is in how the charm effects work. Spirit Kings charm breaks after sustaining 40k dmg, whereas Zor'lok's charm will only break once the target drops below 50% health. Damage to spirit shell's shield still counts as damage taken, so feel free to SS on Kings, not so much on Zor'lok.

Shell on Ambershaper really isn't relevant imo. It's nice on Spirit Kings because it can prevent overkill (though there should be only light aoe anyways). On Zor'lok, Should only be light single-target dmg going out to convert targets, but I guess it can prevent overkill if you have raiders who insist on blowing CDs for converts (should really just gkick those though). And Ambershaper, it really won't make a difference, as vehicles still have several million HP, there's not really going to be any overkill there.

Tooltips for reference:

Maddening Shout
    Unlimited range
    2 sec cast
    The Maddening Shout of Meng the Demented causes all enemies to go mad. Inflicting 29250 to 30750 Shadow damage every 3 sec and causing all enemies to hate each other, players regain their sanity after taking 40000 damage from another player.

Convert
    60 yd range
    1 sec cast 30 sec cooldown
    Charms a target to fight on the side of Imperial Vizier Zor'lok. Charmed targets inflict 150% more damage and have their maximum health increased 150%. Reducing a charmed target to 50% health frees them from the charm.

edit: Pretty much exactly what Cookie said
    Last edited by Copulatingduck; 2013-01-24 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    What Copulatingduck said. Shields always remain, but on spirit kings having a SS stacked on raid just before the shout makes it super easy, while a lucky greater heal crit, or worse, a PWS on vizier can totally fuck you up. Then again, i think that's the whole point of vizier fight, considering that AI pretty much does best it can to mess with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    On absorbs on Ambershaper.

My guild encountered an interesting bug with angelic bulwark. On ten-man heroic when myself or our spriest was reshaped, at 30% our Angelic Bulwark would trigger. Was a little confusing at first as too why the ambers had such a large absorb suddenly. So be wary of that any other priests working through this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by tsokin View Post
    On absorbs on Ambershaper.

My guild encountered an interesting bug with angelic bulwark. On ten-man heroic when myself or our spriest was reshaped, at 30% our Angelic Bulwark would trigger. Was a little confusing at first as too why the ambers had such a large absorb suddenly. So be wary of that any other priests working through this encounter.
    indeed that is nasty and should be untalented, as well as nature's guardian by shamans, they will heal 25% max hp in the construct which is a massive dps loss to re-dps all that damage.

you can click off angelic bulwark while in the construct. you should be speccing it for ambershaper so that you can salvage close call phase 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Des. Prayer is working fine for us. I will mention it to the spriest though he might be interested in doing that. Just seems like it would be better to have a talent you know is going to work for the fight then one that potentially is wasted.