(PvP) 5.2 Disc - Who else is excited?

I know I am. I don't eve play a disc, my wife does. I cannot wait for her buffs. She already leads in heals in 2k+ RBGs in the spec everybody makes fun of. I won't have to spend as much time peeling for her or off-healing her on my ret (I know, I know, I should be holy and her shadow, we have heard it plenty before). I think they will go back to be highly desirable within arenas and RBGs. Anybody else excited?

There's still way too many things wrong with Disc in PvP for it to be top tier in Arena (I don't RBG anyway).

There will still be almost zero reason to chose a Priest in 3s, other healers fit in almost all set-ups better right now, aside from Rogue/Mage I guess. Don't get me wrong, they will be a lot better than right now, but we still have less CC, less throughput, less mana regen and fewer real CDs than Druids/Pallies/Shaman.

For the few small buffs we are getting, we are even losing things like the PvP 2set - which is 30% damage reduction every time you shield someone - this is a HUGE loss, and only adds to our mana efficieny issues by making us use Flash Heal more.

Anyway, as for excitement, I'm glad I can actually play Disc next season. There will be a few 3s setups that we aren't God awful in - KFC, Hunter/Monk, Rogue/Monk, RMP (as always), Ele/Mage (seems to be working).

And for you my Ret friend, Ret/Rogue/Priest will be at least playable, so I suggest you make friends with a Rogue some point before the patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post
    There's still way too many things wrong with Disc in PvP for it to be top tier in Arena (I don't RBG anyway).

There will still be almost zero reason to chose a Priest in 3s, other healers fit in almost all set-ups better right now, aside from Rogue/Mage I guess. Don't get me wrong, they will be a lot better than right now, but we still have less CC, less throughput, less mana regen and fewer real CDs than Druids/Pallies/Shaman.

For the few small buffs we are getting, we are even losing things like the PvP 2set - which is 30% damage reduction every time you shield someone - this is a HUGE loss, and only adds to our mana efficieny issues by making us use Flash Heal more.

Anyway, as for excitement, I'm glad I can actually play Disc next season. There will be a few 3s setups that we aren't God awful in - KFC, Hunter/Monk, Rogue/Monk, RMP (as always), Ele/Mage (seems to be working).

And for you my Ret friend, Ret/Rogue/Priest will be at least playable, so I suggest you make friends with a Rogue some point before the patch!
    I have to agree, things will be a little better since we did get a lot of buffs, but we also got some pretty big nerfs.

Instant holy fire is now a talent on the same tier as FDCL, which is huge (and a very unneeded) nerf to mobility. I currently run with Glyph of HF + FDCL for two more instant heals and to mitigate becoming holy locked when stacking Evangelism.

Binding heal was nerfed by 30% <- What the fuck!?! Balancing a spell around a glyph?! If this is true, it's yet another shining example of blizzard blatantly ignoring their own stated intentions for the glyph system.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Binding heal was nerfed by 30% <- What the fuck!?! Balancing a spell around a glyph?! If this is true, it's yet another shining example of blizzard blatantly ignoring their own stated intentions for the glyph system.
    Binding Heal wasn't nerfed. 100% * 70% * 143% = 100.1%
    Look at the patch notes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post

I guess I glossed over some of those negative changes in my approval of the positive ones.

Tremor totem at 30 sec cd hurts disc priests a lot as their only real cc is fear. But I still think that they will be more than viable. Mass dispel is very effective and disc can do some good damage now with penance + mindbender. I am pretty positive about disc in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Binding Heal wasn't nerfed. 100% * 70% * 143% = 100.1%
    Look at the patch notes again.
    It's a nerf for shadow priest healing. Binding heal and flash heal both got nerfed baseline, and then buffed back to normal for Holy + Disc only.