Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Pterrordax Mounts raid only?

Hey guys, I just saw a note about the Pterrordax mount saying it was a Glory of the Raider mount so I'm a bit worried as an RPer and only LFR raider whether we'd get a version or not....Would love it on my troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Hey guys, I just saw a note about the Pterrordax mount saying it was a Glory of the Raider mount so I'm a bit worried as an RPer and only LFR raider whether we'd get a version or not....Would love it on my troll!
    Unless they decide to add one as a drop from... something, I'm pretty sure that this one mount will be the only pterrordax mount around. If firelands and DS are anything to go by, the meta mounts have a monopoly on their model, unless they also share it with a drop from the raid. This is compounded, at least so far, by the fact that there's only one Pterrordax icon, and one pterrordax mount item, who's color is not indicated by the name.

Which is a crying shame, they have so many cool colors for them... sad to waste them all by making only one of them a mount.

Hey, GC stalks around here, right? Make one of the pterrordax mounts the 200 mount achievement pretty please!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it says armored for the raid achievement, so maybe there'll be unarmored ones available otherwise.

Do we know what mount the new faction/s offer?

I am sure the Blizzard store will have some form of one in the next few months.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The new Bat mount might be from the new faction at exalted no clue where it's from atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, it says armored for the raid achievement, so maybe there'll be unarmored ones available otherwise.

Do we know what mount the new faction/s offer?
    Those are still absent from what I can tell... The only "unaccounted for" mounts that exist as actual items (to my knowledge) so far are the various devilsaur reskins of the raptors (one of which will come from the bone harvesting,) the new waterstrider colors, the spectral skeletal steed, and the bat... Neither the spectral skeletal steed nor the bat strike me as either Kirin Tor or Sunreaver faction rewards... though the bat could be a new shado-pan rep mount, I suppose.

(also perhaps relevant, they added an icon for a "white" cloud serpent as well)

I suppose it's worth mentioning that the dinosaurs and pterrodax don't really fit with the Kirin tor/sunreavers either, but... come on, they're dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles... They're automatically relevant to everything.

The water striders would "fit" with the new grind factions simply because they're the sort of banal mounts that usually get dumped on them... but plain and simple, if the water striders are the only new mounts I can potentially get my hands on... I will be angry.

As for the pterrordax, and indeed new mounts in general, what I dislike is that they create so many of these awesome skins for the mounts, but don't use them... then people complain that the reward feels "diluted" because they see so many people on "their" mount. I think blizzard has the right idea when they do the cloud serpent/netherwing/talbuk/nether ray thing... they have a model (mostly) unique to the rep or what have you, but they have multiple skins available so they you don't see everyone chugging around on the same one.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-24 at 07:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

As for the pterrordax, and indeed new mounts in general, what I dislike is that they create so many of these awesome skins for the mounts, but don't use them... then people complain that the reward feels "diluted" because they see so many people on "their" mount. I think blizzard has the right idea when they do the cloud serpent/netherwing/talbuk/nether ray thing... they have a model (mostly) unique to the rep or what have you, but they have multiple skins available so they you don't see everyone chugging around on the same one.
    I agree with you; it's nicer to have several colours for these different mounts rather than the one colour mount, it allows us more customisation and for RPers an extra level of uniqueness.

Still I'll be gutted if the new rep mounts are water striders :/

Somehow I think they might just be adding the new water striders to Angler's rep, or making them fishable. They don't really gel with the Isle of Thunder theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I am sure the Blizzard store will have some form of one in the next few months.
    No the others are from the Kirin Tor & Sun Reaver Questline on the Isle of Thunder. We get it at the end I bet it works like the Green Proto Drake & the Oracles
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spectral undead horse is accounted for via the TCG. Makes me sad, was devilishly looking forward to doing whatever I could to get that... I have neither 200$ nor 300k gold. *sobs in a corner*

Proofies: This

More OT, I hope there's other ways to get one. I'd be fine letting glory acheiv have a super amrored one but let us peons have a naked one. My fear is both the Pterrordax and the bat will be locked behind something really hard for most people to do/stupid luck.

Won't be blizz store, 2 blizz store mounts in one expansion? Sparkle horse = Wotlk, Afro lion = Cata, Banana dragon = end of cata, goatdragon horse = MoP. So I think it won't be a blizz store mount so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Won't be blizz store, 2 blizz store mounts in one expansion? Sparkle horse = Wotlk, Afro lion = Cata, Banana dragon = end of cata, goatdragon horse = MoP. So I think it won't be a blizz store mount so soon.
    You just said there were 2 from Cata, why wouldn't another one from MOP make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by trink202 View Post
    You just said there were 2 from Cata, why wouldn't another one from MOP make sense?
    Because they have just added a new one, i don't think they'll add another until the end of MoP or so.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yer was a littel sad then i saw this vi guse i can get it l8ter but i love a oher they get one even a unarmode the more the beter.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    No the others are from the Kirin Tor & Sun Reaver Questline on the Isle of Thunder. We get it at the end I bet it works like the Green Proto Drake & the Oracles
    your sure about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReptorGekko View Post
    yer was a littel sad then i saw this vi guse i can get it l8ter but i love a oher they get one even a unarmode the more the beter.

your sure about this ?
    I really hope he is. They look so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I really hope he is. They look so good.
    Nope, i looked this up. The eggs will contain primal raptor mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Nope, i looked this up. The eggs will contain primal raptor mounts.
    Oh, I meant more-so I hope the mount at the end of the questline for the two new factions is the Pterodactyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Even if there ended up being no alternative version available, the meta mount will not get removed and there will likely be many runs for it in the next expansion. It would just take bit longer for you to obtain the mount.

Would absolutely love it if they brought back mounts that could only be earned through raiding.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh, I meant more-so I hope the mount at the end of the questline for the two new factions is the Pterodactyl.
    yer was more this:
    No the others are from the Kirin Tor & Sun Reaver Questline on the Isle of Thunder.
    part