Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Won't be blizz store, 2 blizz store mounts in one expansion? Sparkle horse = Wotlk, Afro lion = Cata, Banana dragon = end of cata, goatdragon horse = MoP. So I think it won't be a blizz store mount so soon.
    Moreover, all blizzard store mounts are unique models. Seeing as an armored pterrordax is already present in game, I'm highly doubtful that they'll just stick a differently skinned one on the store.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

has lfr got mount drops before. answers in there

Casuals already whining they can't get raid-only things without raiding?

Well I never!
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post

Well I never!
    And by "casuals", do you mean 10-man raiders or people who don't raid at all? Point is.. Stop with the flamebait and the bad posts. Nobody cares for it.

OT: It'll be sad to see such a cool model used only once or twice, but it is something we've seen before (see the above comments). We should hope that the raid achieve mount is cooler than the potential drop.

I'm unable to put the time into Hardcore raiding, and my friends all roleplay so I'd rather not transfer my character to a raiding realm, learn to raid and join a proper raiding guild for a mount because the Hardcore crowd would have their noses put outta joint a "casual" wants a cool mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post

Well I never!
    I don't want the mount because I want to try and force people to think I'm cool and super skilled or some similar nonsense. I want the mount because it looks awesome.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No offence, but you're going to have to suck it up. Raiders deserve something unique for their time and effort - not a reskin. (This coming from someone who doesn't even play the game anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    No offence, but you're going to have to suck it up. Raiders deserve something unique for their time and effort - not a reskin. (This coming from someone who doesn't even play the game anymore)
    And we non Raiders don't put any time and effort into the game? Not all of us are lucky enough to belong to raiding guilds. I raid enough on LFR, but I'm not lucky enough to get 10 people up to raiding standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I could point out that raiders already have that with the spawn of Horridron and brood of Ji'kun.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm a mount collector, and locking mounts within raids makes me pretty upset. Just give the raid version more armor or shiner or something! For example; celestial cloudserpent vs. normal gotten thru rep.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hah good I get to buy it with my 9999999999999999999g and likely wouldn't even use it but I do like collecting things from time to time ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A DINOSAUR

I see complaints like this from time to time, and I sympathize, but honestly if every little thing is available to every single person, it removes the uniqueness from EVERYTHING.

I mean do you think casual, soloable content should reward gladiator pvp mounts in addition to raid-only mounts? They are rewards because they are something to work for and feel good about earning. It's not a reward if it's just given away. There are a lot of things you can get without needing a raid guild, but yeah there will always be some content that is exclusive to raiders, and that is a good thing.

Besides, next expansion you can go back even with a handful of your friends that know nothing about raiding and be able to get all these raid metas and thus the mount, just as people with no clue what they are doing can easily get lich king mounts/titles and cata mounts/titles now. So even if you can't get it right when it releases, eventually you'll be able to if you really want it. So basically what you're saying is you want it right now, right when all the people who earn it get it, and that just wouldn't be fair don't you think?

And I always tire of the "i dont have time" excuse for raiding. I've raided with people in a wide variety of situations and professions from people with a house full of kids to doctors to people who work 60 hours a week for all that overtime. It only takes 2 hours a night, and two nights a week to get every boss down on heroic relatively quickly. Time isn't the limiting factor, skill is. And personally I have no problem with some things being rewarded only to those with enough skill to get it. Other people can go back and get it when they outgear the content, like doing last raid tier's content on heroic with current tier's regular gear, etc or in extreme cases waiting until next expansion and GROSSLY outgearing it and outleveling it and getting it easily then. Either way, raid content is available to everyone, it's just the worse you are as a player the longer you wait to get it. That is a mighty fine compromise imo. You should be grateful meta mounts aren't removed once it stops being current content, THEN you'd have something to complain about.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I see complaints like this from time to time, and I sympathize, but honestly if every little thing is available to every single person, it removes the uniqueness from EVERYTHING.

I mean do you think casual, soloable content should reward gladiator pvp mounts in addition to raid-only mounts? They are rewards because they are something to work for and feel good about earning. It's not a reward if it's just given away. There are a lot of things you can get without needing a raid guild, but yeah there will always be some content that is exclusive to raiders, and that is a good thing.

Besides, next expansion you can go back even with a handful of your friends that know nothing about raiding and be able to get all these raid metas and thus the mount, just as people with no clue what they are doing can easily get lich king mounts/titles and cata mounts/titles now. So even if you can't get it right when it releases, eventually you'll be able to if you really want it. So basically what you're saying is you want it right now, right when all the people who earn it get it, and that just wouldn't be fair don't you think?

And I always tire of the "i dont have time" excuse for raiding. I've raided with people in a wide variety of situations and professions from people with a house full of kids to doctors to people who work 60 hours a week for all that overtime. It only takes 2 hours a night, and two nights a week to get every boss down on heroic relatively quickly. Time isn't the limiting factor, skill is. And personally I have no problem with some things being rewarded only to those with enough skill to get it. Other people can go back and get it when they outgear the content, like doing last raid tier's content on heroic with current tier's regular gear, etc or in extreme cases waiting until next expansion and GROSSLY outgearing it and outleveling it and getting it easily then. Either way, raid content is available to everyone, it's just the worse you are as a player the longer you wait to get it. That is a mighty fine compromise imo. You should be grateful meta mounts aren't removed once it stops being current content, THEN you'd have something to complain about.
    I'm a mount hunter. I have a lot of mounts. 173, to be precise. I have every pre-3.1 dungeon and raid mount, save for the VOA mammoth and old warbear. And while I do indeed enjoy collecting mounts to "have" them, I also like dinosaurs. A lot.

Frankly, I don't want this mount because it's tied to a meta achievement. I don't want this mount because it'd be "rewarding." I want this mount because it's a dinosaur. Or more specifically, a prehistoric reptile. I could give half a rat's ass if they put the Windsteed as the raid meta mount. I wouldn't want it. Brood of Ji'kun? Wouldn't complain that it's not "available" enough.

This mount, in my opinion, looks kick ass. That and that alone is why I want it. This mount also has many kick ass skins available in the game files. Which is why I feel it's a terrible, terrible shame that it will be relegated to having only ONE available. Make the red one available for the raid meta, make the black one an uber rare like the TLPD/Aeonaxx? I'd actually be placated.

And as for raiding... There are very few raiding guilds on my server. Very few of the raiding guilds that are present have raid schedules that comport with my schedule, namely because the server I play on is not in my time zone. (I began playing on it because my cousins played on it.) I'm not going to start my own raiding guild, and the guild I'm in currently is in no place to begin raiding.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.