Fury smf vs the rest

So i got a little frustrated on my own performance in normal mode and 4/6 mogu hc.
    our warlock and arcanemage do a lot more dps on most fights. there are some fights like bladelord and garalon where im 1. most of the time but then again fights like elegon and feng im always behind. now what im asking myself is..do i play bad or do they just play overwhelmingly good or is it totally fine because mages and warlocks are just better atm?
    of course i know that there are some encounters which favour melee and some which favour ranged. when i look at world of logs i get a feeling im not that bad because it reflects mostly what i see while raiding. warlocks and mages being top dps on most fights.

and what im interest in also is how you guys think where warriors will be in t15 and t16 content. do we just need more crit and mastery to top meters?(as long as i just dont suck ofc )

Deleted
    Yes mages and warlocks are strong. There are some fights where you just cant win, but fury smf is pretty good overall so it shoudnt be that big a gap.
    Moreover as a warrior is it pretty hard to do top-notch dps since there is a constant battle between greed and patience in your rotation which you need to handle to benefit from all your cooldowns and rage management.

T15 and T16 are pretty tough to predict right now as 5.2 hasnt shipped yet and we still dont know what warriors will look like in the end. Though the buffs to haste and bloodsurge may increase furys dps a wee bit.
    All in all I would guess that Fury will stay a good/top dps specc with 5.2 and may be even better once they nerfed mages and locks, which they told us they are going to.

It's also about the player. However, not sure how you're losing on elegon. Zerk stance final phase, line all CDs, pot, watch execute crit for over 2 million in a CS window, continue to spam execute with all the incoming rage.

I've yet to lose this fight to our Mage, lock, hunter who are as geared and as good as I am.

Well im sure i do alot more damage then anyone during the last 20% but i lose damage on the other 80%
    its notn that it really matters for downing the boss because i do most damage when its most important (execute phase) and i always get my add down without a problem, but yeah i WANT to be in front of them
    and the 20% phase on elegon is mostly just a few seconds if no one dies.... cant really catch up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    However, not sure how you're losing on elegon.
    No offense but a "good" wl should rarely "lose" to an equivalently geared and played fury warrior on elegon hc on a regular basis.
    That said apart from you posting logs where we might find major holes in your game play you basically just have to accept for the moment that currently mages and wls purely numbers wise are the strongest dps classes out there so doing a bit less damage is something bound to happen occasionally. I mean proof of that is not exactly hard to find.
    How exactly the rankings will shape up for the next content isn't really to foreseeable yet. Losing death from above means a little less (ae) damage, the changes to haste and bloodsurge should make it a toss up. Most classes though get more changes - some in one direction and some in the other but I don't know how final all those changes are. Also most encounters haven't even been tested yet so we have no idea if they are going to be as accommodating to warrior mechanics as the current content is at least partially.

Agree that Affliction is absurdly strong atm, they already have among the highest single target dps wise and will pull far ahead on fights where melee have to stop dps at any point, or where they can reach multiple targets but that Melee can't reach to cleave.

Think the main culprit is Kil'Jaedens Cunning, which allows them to run around all over the place but continue to cast at 100% of their dps while running (with smart use of Burning Rush and Demonic Warp/Portal the move speed debuff is not an issue for them either).

An absurd edge over warriors as we constantly have to stop dps altogether to move out of boss abilities in most T14 fights, while affliction simply doesn't have to stop dps at all anymore most fights.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    It's also about the player. However, not sure how you're losing on elegon. Zerk stance final phase, line all CDs, pot, watch execute crit for over 2 million in a CS window, continue to spam execute with all the incoming rage.

I've yet to lose this fight to our Mage, lock, hunter who are as geared and as good as I am.
    You only crit for 2m in that phase? 3.5m master race.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    No offense but a "good" wl should rarely "lose" to an equivalently geared and played fury warrior on elegon hc on a regular basis.
    That said apart from you posting logs where we might find major holes in your game play you basically just have to accept for the moment that currently mages and wls purely numbers wise are the strongest dps classes out there so doing a bit less damage is something bound to happen occasionally. I mean proof of that is not exactly hard to find.
    How exactly the rankings will shape up for the next content isn't really to foreseeable yet. Losing death from above means a little less (ae) damage, the changes to haste and bloodsurge should make it a toss up. Most classes though get more changes - some in one direction and some in the other but I don't know how final all those changes are. Also most encounters haven't even been tested yet so we have no idea if they are going to be as accommodating to warrior mechanics as the current content is at least partially.
    None taken. You're right about affliction locks and arcane mages pulling higher numbers assuming equal gear and skill. Perhaps its the skill factor thats influencing our charts in our 10M

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    You only crit for 2m in that phase? 3.5m master race.
    good for you

Deleted
    Affliction warlocks are stupidly strong in PvE, get used to it. If you meet a warlock of equal gear and skill you can't beat him, except for the fight you listed - Garalon, Bladelord and Stoneguards, because of cleave.

On Elegon a Warlock should be above you on meters assuming equal gear and skill. Pick up Juggernaut, it will let you charge the protector as it reaches the edge and is most of the time up again as you kill it so you can charge back for free rage. Don't use Heroic Leap for mobility on Elegon, it hits too hard to to not use inside a CS. Come last phase with berserker stance you're generating rage unlike any other fight. That + damage buff to an already insanely strong ability + ability to spam it and you might win if you save a Bloodbath and all other CD's for the first CS sub 20%.

Also your post in general, you are comparing your damage on cleave fights(where you claim you win) to singletarget fights(where you say Warlocks win). And you pretty much have the answer right there. You're cleaving is as strong as a Warlock's singletarget dps, if you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by mmoc7d26753534; 2013-01-25 at 10:00 PM.

My prediction will be fury will be THE best dps spec in the last raid, its scaling with crit and mastery AND the synergy between crit and mastery is like none other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    My prediction will be fury will be THE best dps spec in the last raid, its scaling with crit and mastery AND the synergy between crit and mastery is like none other.
    I would agree with this but looking at the new 5.2 gear it all has haste on it.

Crossing my fingers the T15 gear has a lot of crit.

Deleted
    With the current scaling:Yes
    It's only a matter of time before blizzard realizes it and
    A:nerf raging blow
    B:nerf execute
    C:nerf bloodthirst crit
    D:nerf mastery
    E: or something that will be completely unexpected and uncalled for

But yea as we get closer to 100% enrage uptime, dps will skyrocket. Allthough it would be nice (but unlikely) to get to the point when you start to gem mastery

Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    C:nerf bloodthirst crit
    D:nerf mastery
    I see those 2 coming after 5.3

Fury scales quite well, but it doesn't touch Affliction or Fire Mages in the scaling department.