While i love DKs and think they are balanced for the most part, I also realise they are stunted by the same system which makes them great. To that end have you ever considered changing DKs such that the following applies:
- They get 3 Runes (1 Frost, Unholy and Blood) with each being on say a 5min CD.
- Rune CD is reduced every RS/FS/DC used.
- 1 Basic ability for each rune is baseline (@57), additional spells are given via specs and talents.
- Empower Rune Weapon refreshes all runes, but runes incure an ~8min CD.
- The Runic Power bar is changed to mimic that of an energy bar.
- Majority of exisiting abilities now cost RP instead of Runes.
* You can spam the current main strikes, but loose the benefit of the shorter rune CDs.
- Each runeforge buffs a different rune
- 'Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle' applies an additional effect to Blood Runes.
- 'Rune of Razorice' applies an additional effect to Frost Runes.
- 'Rune of Lichbane' applies an additional effect to Unholy Runes.
- 'Rune of the Fallen Crusader' applies an additional (pvp) effect to current spec rune.
If this change was to go live, answer me this:
- What abilities would you put on the runes?
- What would be there secondary effect be, with the appropriate rune? (make sure there balanced)
- How would you make this system better?
eg. Unholy Rune - Geist: Summons a geist minion for 10sec.
- Unholy Rune: Damage from the geist also applies a dot to the target.
- Fallen Crusader Rune: On damaging player target, geist explodes dealing x damage and causing them to drop there weapon.
Frost Rune - Lichborne: Draw upon unholy energy to become undead for 10 sec. While undead, you are immune to Charm, fear, and Sleep effects.
- Frost Rune: You become undead; Death Coils will heal you.
- Fallen Crusader Rune: Your visage horrfies players in 10yards for 2sec.
Blood Rune - Death Siphon: Leeches life from upto 6 targets within 10yards, over x sec every 1sec.
- Blood Rune: Randomly heals friendly player every tick.
- Fallen Crusader Rune: Player targets become sickly reducing dmg/healing delt by 25%