Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I agree, 25 man raiding isn't compelling enough on it's own to entice people to do it.

Why is it still in the game?
    Why are you still posting things that don't line up with the general dialogue here?
    Nobody is saying one is more "compelling" or implicitly more "enticing" than the other, the issue is that 25's are having a hard time standing up vs 10's because of the additional logistical pressures and issues that exist due to its 250% larger size.
    Stop trolling, be productive. Seek solutions, don't create problems with these almost non-sequitur posts.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just should lift the shared lockout again. It worked before, and may as well work again.
    It effects also on old content we can solo now.. It's rather inconvenient to have to wait another week to do something you're used to do twice before already. And now that it's outdated one cannot do it twice anymore? Weird....

The mechanic behind a possible incentive exists. Raise 25m loot ilevel to 1 upgrade level. Which translates into the incentive being
    - a slightly better item
    - saving on valor to purchase 2 item upgrade levels.
    Of course, that would mean, they have to put the upgrade back in the game, instead of removing it for at least one patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    Why are you still posting things that don't line up with the general dialogue here?
    Nobody is saying one is more "compelling" or implicitly more "enticing" than the other, the issue is that 25's are having a hard time standing up vs 10's because of the additional logistical pressures and issues that exist due to its 250% larger size.
    I didn't say 25 mans were less enticing, I just agreed with that PoV- aim your comments at the right poster, please. Guy said they needed greater incentives to make people do 25 mans, what else does that mean than people don't want to do them?

You don't need to incentivise people to eat chocolate, because they already like it. Having to incentivise people before they will get off their arses is pretty much solid proof it's not what they want to do.
    Stop trolling, be productive. Seek solutions, don't create problems with these almost non-sequitur posts.
    I have given several solutions, one was lower the difficulty of 25 mans to LFR level difficulty for HC level loot*, another was to put in better organisational tools for 25 mans in game. Both will work. Both have been ignored - because the pro 25 man arguers want the 25 mans to stay the same and the whole rest of the game to revolve around them like a pre-capernicus sun. Bit of an arrogant a position to take for a niche interest with no popular support, imo.

*But leave 10 man as they are, so there is no extra ilvl anywhere, just the diffiiculty changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say 25 mans were less enticing, I just agreed with that PoV- aim your comments at the right poster, please. Guy said they needed greater incentives to make people do 25 mans, what else does that mean than people don't want to do them?

You don't need to incentivise people to eat chocolate, because they already like it. Having to incentivise people before they will get off their arses is pretty much solid proof it's not what they want to do.

I have given several solutions, one was lower the difficulty of 25 mans to LFR level difficulty for HC level loot*, another was to put in better organisational tools for 25 mans in game. Both will work. Both have been ignored - because the pro 25 man arguers want the 25 mans to stay the same and the whole rest of the game to revolve around them like a pre-capernicus sun. Bit of an arrogant a position to take for a niche interest with no popular support, imo.

*But leave 10 man as they are, so there is no extra ilvl anywhere, just the diffiiculty changes.
    You still fail to understand exactly why people don't do 25-mans. It's not for challenge, it's for ease. It's not for less reward, it's for equal. Effort + challenge = reward is the argument we, as people who prefer 25-man to 10-man, are making. The equations are not equal, 10's is drastically superior in this equation. THAT is why people do them at such an incredibly alarming rate.

How do you solve this equation problem? Make the equation equate to the same number. In other words, if 25's provide more challenge (they do) and more effort (they do) they should have GREATER reward (they DON'T).

However, like lola, you live in the "I like 10's so everyone else should just conform to my system" world. Most of us in this thread with the counterarguments to that point (I will not say all, yes some people have come up with some hair-brained ideas) have tried to tell you time and again that we're not thinking in the context of attempting to phase 10-mans out. That is not what we want. What we WANT is for both systems to be equal to what they provide.

Your ideas are laughable, as well. If we wanted LFR difficulty, we wouldn't even be in guilds. We'd just do LFR. I still prefer to have some challenge (which is why I don't prefer 10-mans, either).

Your arguments are simply to make 25-man raiding a joke, not to make it more popular than it currently is. Because you want your system to be the "more prestigious". Which, even with it's much stronger popularity due to it's equal reward for less effort and less challenge, it's still viewed upon by many as "inferior". Which the way it's currently designed, it is. It should be appropriately designed to be exactly what it is : easier raiding style, easier organization, and lower reward. Plain and simple.

Again, you don't play harder difficulties just to get the same pat on the back you did for playing the game on easier difficulties. If you went through Nightmare on something like D1 or D2 and still only got the same gear to drop that you were vendoring in Normal, would you bother playing it? No. So, how is it that doesn't work there, but the same design principal works in WoW? Oh, that's right. Because you want the easier path to be the viable one, and the harder path to be simply phased out.

We don't want that. We want 10's to be what 10's should be, and 25's to be what 25's should be. Then people make the choice of what they WANT to do. Nobody would be forced. Do you play for the higher incentives of better gear and prestige, or do you play simply to clear the content at a quicker pace with less resistance and effort? The choice would then be everyone's to make. Right now, there's no choice.

We want options. You just want your system to be the only one that exists. So, who's the one that's arguing about "the whole rest of the game to revolve around them like a pre-capernicus sun" here, again? It's certainly not I. It sounds much more like you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    There is nothing fair about the current system. I'm a 25 man raider, I have no interest in 10 man raiding, however, in the current system I have no choice in practice to play 25s. So I had to quit.
    And the reason you can'ty raid 25s is that there is not enough players interested in the format to make recruiting, etc easy. Thaty's not really a problem with the system. Its simply a reflection that more palyers want to do 10s, and very much fewer players want to actually lead a raid/guild.

Blizzards goal was that players would run they fromat they preferred, and could switch between them at will if there weren't enough players for 25s. What it got was players unwilling to lead 25s leading to massive drop off in numbers running that format and players refusing to run 10s at all if they couldn't have their 25s.

Also, few more ilvls on the gear is hardly "forcing" anyone. It just shows how little people actually care about the raid size, few ilvl more is much more important than running 10 instead of 25.
    Yes. Which is why Blizzard changed it so the gear was equal. Blizzard didn't want to be in the situation where it forced players to run 10s and 25s and the previous models did just that.

In this system, Blizzard doesn't do the forcing. There is nothing in one raid one cannot get in the other. Players choose based solely on their own needs, their own preferences on what each format offers. All players need to do is form their group - and number of groups 25s has shrunk for several reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    You make the incentives strong enough, and people will be willing to face any logistics to get them. It's all about the motivation to make people raid 25.
    Yes. Which is why thats a very poor solution and a road Blizzard does not want to go down. It tried that and that system led to numerous other issues.

Agreed, but the point is not to make people who genuinely enjoy a 10m environment more than a 25m environment feel too pressured into having to do a different raid format (as that is what is happening now for 25s to 10s due to logistics and availability) just because of what would then be too strong incentives. A problem that exists is that almost any incentive to 25's and the 10m people will cry their little hearts out that it's "zomg totally unfair! :*( qq"
    And it WOULD be unfair.

The point, after all, of incetives is to provdie soemthing players want. In this case, its to provide something players want so badly they are willing to alter their bahavior to get it. Which menas any incentive good enough to draw players to 25 is TOO good in that it will kill 10s. And anything less WON'T work.

I agree, 25 man raiding isn't compelling enough on it's own to entice people to do it.
    Why is it still in the game?
    Because lots of people like it. Because Blizzard likes it. Because it has a lot to offer the game. It has issues that make it unpalatable for a greeat many people, and the resulting lack of recruits and group make it difficult and irritating to both recruit for and join, which results in a positive feedback loop. It's one not helped by other issues affecting the game and server populations.

Simply put, the pool of players wanting to do 25s has declined to the point it is difficult to form more than a few groups on even the mot populous servers. This mean raid leaders can be left scrambling for recruits of suitable quality and who are able to raid at a set schedule. It also means recruits have a chocie between several 10s who are raiding at tiems that fit their scheudle, but may have a choice of 2 or 3 incomplete 25s who will need PuGs and don't raid at a convenient time.

It thus ends up that players who would prefer the 25 joins a 10 because it is easier to get into, they are surer of a start, surer of a new group if something happens, and they can likely find one that raids to their schedule on any server. Raid leaders prefer 10s because it is easier to control and get everything started and get everyone moving in the same direction. Guild leaders perefer 10s because it is easier to recruit for and there isn't as much room for drama, and its easier to kick troublemakers.

Even when the raids are otherwise perfectly balanced, offering the same challenge, rewards and effort, these issues will kill 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Maybe they just should lift the shared lockout again. It worked before, and may as well work again.
    I don't think you'd get anywhere near as many players doing it if they got zip for doing it except the pleasure of running it twice a week. Or forcing the entire raid to use the LFR loot system. You'd need something like that to address the issues Blizzard had with the previous system.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You still fail to understand exactly why people don't do 25-mans. It's not for challenge, it's for ease. It's not for less reward, it's for equal. Effort + challenge = reward is the argument we, as people who prefer 25-man to 10-man, are making. The equations are not equal, 10's is drastically superior in this equation. THAT is why people do them at such an incredibly alarming rate.

How do you solve this equation problem? Make the equation equate to the same number. In other words, if 25's provide more challenge (they do) and more effort (they do) they should have GREATER reward (they DON'T).

However, like lola, you live in the "I like 10's so everyone else should just conform to my system" world. Most of us in this thread with the counterarguments to that point (I will not say all, yes some people have come up with some hair-brained ideas) have tried to tell you time and again that we're not thinking in the context of attempting to phase 10-mans out. That is not what we want. What we WANT is for both systems to be equal to what they provide.

Your ideas are laughable, as well. If we wanted LFR difficulty, we wouldn't even be in guilds. We'd just do LFR. I still prefer to have some challenge (which is why I don't prefer 10-mans, either).

Your arguments are simply to make 25-man raiding a joke, not to make it more popular than it currently is. Because you want your system to be the "more prestigious". Which, even with it's much stronger popularity due to it's equal reward for less effort and less challenge, it's still viewed upon by many as "inferior". Which the way it's currently designed, it is. It should be appropriately designed to be exactly what it is : easier raiding style, easier organization, and lower reward. Plain and simple.

Again, you don't play harder difficulties just to get the same pat on the back you did for playing the game on easier difficulties. If you went through Nightmare on something like D1 or D2 and still only got the same gear to drop that you were vendoring in Normal, would you bother playing it? No. So, how is it that doesn't work there, but the same design principal works in WoW? Oh, that's right. Because you want the easier path to be the viable one, and the harder path to be simply phased out.

We don't want that. We want 10's to be what 10's should be, and 25's to be what 25's should be. Then people make the choice of what they WANT to do. Nobody would be forced. Do you play for the higher incentives of better gear and prestige, or do you play simply to clear the content at a quicker pace with less resistance and effort? The choice would then be everyone's to make. Right now, there's no choice.

We want options. You just want your system to be the only one that exists. So, who's the one that's arguing about "the whole rest of the game to revolve around them like a pre-capernicus sun" here, again? It's certainly not I. It sounds much more like you.
    All I did was make ten man the thing the whole game revolves around.

This is exactly the same as the 25 manners are doing - but theres one crucial difference.

Most people are already doing 10 mans, nerfing 25 man to the pont where logistics are n longer an issue is the least disturbing way of changing things. Make 25 mans very easy and they will be ram jam full of people. If more popularity is what you want, then this should be a perfectly adequate solution.

So, I have to ask - why isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And the reason you can'ty raid 25s is that there is not enough players interested in the format to make recruiting, etc easy. Thaty's not really a problem with the system. Its simply a reflection that more palyers want to do 10s, and very much fewer players want to actually lead a raid/guild.
    People prefer 10s because it's the easier and faster route to the rewards. When there's a faster and easier route to the same rewards, people would feel like idiots for taking the more difficult path for the same rewards. That's why people migrated from 10 to 25, not because they somehow prefer the smaller number of people.

Blizzards goal was that players would run they fromat they preferred, and could switch between them at will if there weren't enough players for 25s.
    Ok, if that was the goal, they failed. There's no doubt about that. I observed ALL THE 25 MAN GUILDS FAIL on m server in the the current system, with probably a hundred raiders who no longer could run the formant they preferred so they quit the game or quit raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I did was make ten man the thing the whole game revolves around.

This is exactly the same as the 25 manners are doing - but theres one crucial difference.

Most people are already doing 10 mans, nerfing 25 man to the pont where logistics are n longer an issue is the least disturbing way of changing things. Make 25 mans very easy and they will be ram jam full of people. If more popularity is what you want, then this should be a perfectly adequate solution.

So, I have to ask - why isn't it?
    I already answered that question. Perhaps you should read my post that you quoted again. Then read it again until you understand exactly what I'm saying.

25-man raid guilds don't want the game to revolve around their system. They want the two systems to be equal. Perhaps not all of them do, but the ones with any form of rational thought process do. Where's your rational thought process, then? You're the one who only wants one system to be "superior", it just happens to be YOUR system. I don't recall at any point stating I want my preferred system to be "superior". I want it to be equal. There is a major difference between what you want (the sun to revolve around you and your little world) and what I want (two suns revolving around two worlds).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    People prefer 10s because it's the easier and faster route to the rewards.
    People prefer 10s because it easier and takes less effort and work to find a raid group that suits you and your schedule.
    People prefer 10s because its faster to get going and there is less down time due to loot distribution, repalcing no-shows, loot/guild drama and so on.
    The hardcore progression minded group likes 10s because its far easier to skew the system to favor the group they are in.

Which of these are actually isues Blizzard should address with a high priority? None of them.

When there's a faster and easier route to the same rewards, people would feel like idiots for taking the more difficult path for the same rewards. That's why people migrated from 10 to 25, not because they somehow prefer the smaller number of people.
    That's an argument I find largely ridiculous.

You know what the easiest path for many of these players would have been? To stay where they were in a 25 man group where someone else did the work. Instead, they decided to act, to move, to go to the effort and bother of setting up a new guild and raid group, giving up their guild perks and starting from scratch in order to face content that provided a very similar challenge in most cases. These groups took on real world effort and often spent real life money to move to 10s. And this wasn't restricted to just the hardcore who might care about small margins of efficiency.

Players moved to 10s and took on the extar work involved in running a guild because it gave most of them content that was similarly as chellenging, gave them equal rewards but offered them something 25s didn't. Are all those who claim that they can't run 25s on their PCs lying? Are all those who claim they simply prefer the feeling of having a bigger imapct mistaken? Does the opinion of those who say they simply like being able to see what happens on screen irrelevant? Those players who simply want to run content with their friends - are they fiends in human guise for not wanting to play with people they don't are about?

The "players play 10s because it offers equal reward for less effort" excuse is overly simplistic and overlooks much of the rationales behind the migration towards 10s. Its snappy, and it makes 25s feel good about themselves because it tells them they are players who are good enough to stay 25s, but ultimately, its an excuse and rationale that does more harm to the cause of saving 25s than good.

Ok, if that was the goal, they failed. There's no doubt about that. I observed ALL THE 25 MAN GUILDS FAIL on m server in the the current system, with probably a hundred raiders who no longer could run the formant they preferred so they quit the game or quit raiding.
    Depends. If a few hundred can't raid 25s but thousands can raid 10s then overall whereas before it was a case of a few hundred can raids the 25s they wanted, accompanied by thousands who were dragged into 25s then overall...it hasn't failed.

EJL

They could additionally but better itemized loot which only drops on 25m. Not higher ilevel, but an extra socket, etc or better stats.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    They could additionally but better itemized loot which only drops on 25m. Not higher ilevel, but an extra socket, etc or better stats.
    In short, give 25s better gear everyone feels obliged to run 25s to get it. This also reduces the scope for Blizzard to temsie gear because one of the system it does have in place is that itemisation and stat distruibution does get better as the Tiers increase.

EJL

Deleted
    You know what the easiest path for many of these players would have been? To stay where they were in a 25 man group where someone else did the work. Instead, they decided to act, to move, to go to the effort and bother of setting up a new guild and raid group, giving up their guild perks and starting from scratch in order to face content that provided a very similar challenge in most cases.
    Once again your inexperience with 25 man guilds shows. The cause that 25 man guilds died was not that people decided to act and move to start new 10 mans. 25 mans failed because a) the recruit pool dried up when the un-guilded players realized they would get their loot faster if they joined a 10 man instead of a 25 man, and b) because in every guild there was that group of people that wanted to kick out "bads" and transform into 10 man for faster progress, more loot and higher ranks and c) old core raiders got bored with the game (no progress model, recycled shitty content).

The "players play 10s because it offers equal reward for less effort" excuse is overly simplistic and overlooks much of the rationales behind the migration towards 10s. Its snappy, and it makes 25s feel good about themselves because it tells them they are players who are good enough to stay 25s, but ultimately, its an excuse and rationale that does more harm to the cause of saving 25s than good.
    It, however, happens to be true. That might be inconveniently "snappy" for you, but that doesn't change anything.

Depends. If a few hundred can't raid 25s but thousands can raid 10s then overall whereas before it was a case of a few hundred can raids the 25s they wanted, accompanied by thousands who were dragged into 25s then overall...it hasn't failed.
    Nobody was dragged into 25s, ever. In TBC you had Kara and ZA for people that just wanted to do 10s. In WotLK you had 10 man versions of every raid. People clearly didn't think 10s were such a great thing, otherwise we would've seen the large exodus from 25s in WotLK. I know many, many people that are forced into 10 mans now, you keep ignoring that fact.

Deleted
    I already answered that question. Perhaps you should read my post that you quoted again. Then read it again until you understand exactly what I'm saying.

25-man raid guilds don't want the game to revolve around their system. They want the two systems to be equal. Perhaps not all of them do, but the ones with any form of rational thought process do. Where's your rational thought process, then? You're the one who only wants one system to be "superior", it just happens to be YOUR system. I don't recall at any point stating I want my preferred system to be "superior". I want it to be equal. There is a major difference between what you want (the sun to revolve around you and your little world) and what I want (two suns revolving around two worlds).
    25 and 10 are equal - in terms of "in game" difficulty.

25 and 10 can never be equal in terms of non game difficulty - but that's not something blizzard can fix, nor is the non game difficulty element actually fixed by upping the rewards if they remain at equal difficulty. 25 man still remains a pain in the arse to organise, its just that with a higher ilvl, more people will grit their teeth and do the extra bit of organising 25 requires.

What's the point in that? Wheres the fun?

You might as well make logging in a boring but tricky mini game or something for all it adds to the playing experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding has always been a minority interest in the game. Always. Players didn't want the hassle of organising, running , scheduling, dealing with guild drama and so on. Today? Today players have the option of LFR and I'd bet a LOT of players who used to raid now do LFR instead. The format a certain group of players don't see as real raiding.

What you want to say is that the players interested in taking part in organised raiding had decreased,and /or been split between various modes.

EJL
    ^This is the answer to saving 25s. LFR is popular because people can do it whenever they have time for it.

Now, if you took the LFR model, of ALLOWING people to raid current content cross realms, and put that as a perm option. ALSO, taking the GW2 model, of being in the same guild but not on same server, this would solve ALL the 25m raid issues and possibly save them. They already opened up CRZ, which is the same thing, except for Pandaria. I dont think it would be that hard to do on Blizzard's part.

They have the model already in place, just need to figure out how to make people belong in the same guilds, cross server. Blizzard give ANet a call if youre confused. You borrow everything else from them, etc.....jumping puzzles coming in 5.2

And above all else....This would solve the problems of DYING servers.
    Main city hubs for all servers.
    One Auction House.
    One BMAH.
    This would change the economy for sure, but just like in real life. People will adjust.

If all else fails, then i agree with universal raid, for everyone. Do it for last tier of Expac. Just like how they did it with Talent tree and glyphs, and whatnots.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-02-08 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added

Deleted
    lola, this is somewhat off topic obviously, but Stone Guard 25 is basically Halfus heroic. Stone Guard 10 is Halfus normal. Both are easy, but you'd be fooling yourself to think that 10-man is harder considering you're guaranteed to remove one mechanic every week.
    One random mechanic, indeed. I find it easier to have a fight exactly the same every week, mechanic-wise. The first time I did Halfus 25m as disc it was plain lol.

As far as Will goes, the RoF usage simply proves that Will 25 is harder.
    No, it doesn't. It suggests (if we assume Blizzard balance is correct here) that 25m was too easy, and is now put in balance. Because RoF itself was nerfed for this very reason (this symptom).

They're not nerfing spells for 10-man use, now are they (well, maybe Discipline priest, but that's another story entirely).
    Actually, disc in 25m is (in 5.0/5.1) much more OP than 10m... in 10m the rotation is more diverse. The nerf on disc will affect 25m more than 10m, and bring them more in line.

I will not argue on Gara'jal. It is definitely more challenging on 10-man.
    So, should Gara Jal provide better gear in 10m? No! Sometimes a fight is harder in 10m, sometimes in 25m. We just gotta accept that. Problem with Gara Jal is though, it was a lot harder in 10m (due to burst RNG) and this tampered with progress in 10m because 25m simply gets way easier gear (also if they run 10m groups aside from that; which is an actual benefit a hardcore 25m guild has: much more resources).

I don't know how you judge difficulty, but I'm guessing it's simply based off of your clear "10-man only" biases and not on actual logic.
    Not at all, it is based on various research which I did back when I was still playing. When you're playing heroic content you're looking for tactics tricks and such. That's also when you figure out certain stuff becomes trivial on bosses, tricks (which are nearly exploits), etc.

I won't state that some fights aren't harder on 10-man, they are. Usually the "gear checks" (ala Garalon).
    Good, you see, this is something the average 25m zealot in this topic is unable to admit. They're unable to quote such and say "you have a point there" instead they must reply with their own android version of the story. And you can see in the 2nd part of this post I agree the bias is towards 25m (in the advantage of 10m) in the previous 2 tiers with FL due to positional aspect in the advantage of 10m.

However, there are nine encounters that require spacing for a mechanic and situational awareness, minimum. Those nine are definitely more challenging on 25-man.
    Which ones?

As long as encounters continue to be designed in that manner (which they need to be, to be honest, in order to provide challenge to raiders in today's gaming world, and I am not complaining about that), then 25's will, more often than not, be more difficult overall.
    Depends. For melee, it is often unfriendly, and not fun. I want to see more ranged-unfriendly mechanics (and I am playing a ranged and my alts are mostly ranged too). 10m traditionally has a bias towards ranged.

^ What she said
    Parrot. If you have nothing to contribute, be silent.

Propaganda plain 'n simple. The very first post I made in this very thread!! Was saying 1) 15m is the best solution to the problem 2) this discussion has been rehashed countless of times. This is the most harmonious concession to both groups.

Another point I agree with, is that there is more delegation for 25m. Read all my posts here, I never denied at all, that there is more delegation in 25m. In fact, I have supported that argument. What I do NOT support is that 10m has no delegation at all. This is the bifurcation of the 25m zealot. Also, from this point, I support the notion of giving the raid leader and officers less burden. So for example the feast and flask for 25m is something I support. However a lot of the solutions I read also give those who are getting carried or who "DPS and just do their job" as well as those healers (which is easier in 25m) rewards. No, that I don't support.

(Although for me, the 2nd concession is furthermore supports the 1st one instead of that 25m must be buffed because for me it supports the notion 25m is unviable. However, lets ignore the 15m alternative for now.)

So that is two points where I already did a concession.

Then we have people say 25m cost so much more effort (only for those part of the delegation) and then we have some who think 25m is inherently harder than 10m. I don't believe this is true (and we had various solid examples it indeed is not true, which, for the record, doesn't mean the opposite is either true or suggested either; that's just bifurcation), but if you do want to prove that you'd need an advanced analysis for that. The burden of proof lies in your hands here, Felixdawn. Without such data, I am totally willing to accept though that 25m is roughly a little bit harder than 10m. What I am not going to accept however, is again this silly bifurcation from 25m zealots, that 25m is always, by definition, harder. Bollocks, plain and simple. There's countless of examples which suggest otherwise.

But lets assume for the moment this is completely true beyond the shed of a doubt! Then the logical response is to nerf 25m, so that the reward from it is easier gained. That's the third point I make a concession. If you read the replies from Injin and the like, they never said 25m should be replaced by LFR; they said LFR is an easy version of 25m. And it is. Just like LFD N is an easy version of LFD HC, and LFD HC is an easy version of Challenge Mode Dungeons. So what we proposed was to nerf 25m, so that the difficulty (which IMO is roughly equal, but slightly in favor of 10m) becomes more fair.

...but it gets funnier. You don't want that!! You wanna feel like a special snowflake. You want additional rewards so you can feel c00l in Org and SW running around in your unique 25m mount with your unique 25m title and -as some suggested- you want more or better drops (which you already get, and which are less wasted in 25m) so you can pwn more outside of your raid. What for exactly? Why not just increase your performance in the raid? And how do we do that? We.... yes, drumroll, nerf the content. Bravo! Was it that hard to grasp?

My fourth concession is this one: if 25m is, without a shed of a doubt harder and therefore more rewarding, you already receive more reward from it regardless of 10m. Why? Dopamine. You realize you just did the most amazing art in the world, with all those 10m lollers playing their laughable difficulty. You know it, what more do you need? You know all these people who drive in Ferrari's and have to show it off to others? If they were truly happy with their Ferrari they didn't have to show it off to others. Apparently those who play 25m and complain here about the lack of rewards don't get reward from 25m anymore. Perhaps a time for a fresh breeze in your life, and quit?

4 concessions of mine towards your opinion. You provide none. Zilch. And I'm the one being unreasonable in this discussion? I provided various options for dialogue.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-02-09 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted

Unfortunatly the amount of people doing normal/heroic raiding has decreased significantly from wrath to now. So those who used to go into 25s well they are not going into 10s which is what you imply. They do not go at all.

Basicly what you said the new system is good because it excludes more from doing normal social raiding.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The cause that 25 man guilds died was not that people decided to act and move to start new 10 mans. 25 mans failed because a) the recruit pool dried up when the un-guilded players realized they would get their loot faster if they joined a 10 man instead of a 25 man, and b) because in every guild there was that group of people that wanted to kick out "bads" and transform into 10 man for faster progress, more loot and higher ranks and c) old core raiders got bored with the game (no progress model, recycled shitty content).
    Seriously? You know of no guild in the entire world where a clique of players just upped and left to form their own guild?

It, however, happens to be true. That might be inconveniently "snappy" for you, but that doesn't change anything.
    No, its not true. You simply stting it is true does not make it so. You believe it to be true. It's snappy and quick to ream off, but what it misses is every single other reason why players choose 10s. And there are a lot of them. 10s simply require less logistic effort from players. There is less of a recruiting issue. There are less problems with scheduling. Noshows are relatively easy to compensate for. And so on. And if you were speaking of that effort - I'd agree with you. Less effort to find a raid, less effort to join, less time spent recruiting.

Nobody was dragged into 25s, ever. In TBC you had Kara and ZA for people that just wanted to do 10s. In WotLK you had 10 man versions of every raid. People clearly didn't think 10s were such a great thing, otherwise we would've seen the large exodus from 25s in WotLK. I know many, many people that are forced into 10 mans now, you keep ignoring that fact.
    People were dragged into 25s for the same reason 25s aren't popular now. Gear. With gear, everyone and their dog flocked to the format.W ithout out, forecd to stand on its merits without any incentive for players to join in? Players ran from it in droves.

EJL

Deleted
    People prefer 10s because it easier and takes less effort and work to find a raid group that suits you and your schedule.
    People prefer 10s because its faster to get going and there is less down time due to loot distribution, repalcing no-shows, loot/guild drama and so on.
    The hardcore progression minded group likes 10s because its far easier to skew the system to favor the group they are in.

Which of these are actually isues Blizzard should address with a high priority? None of them.
    Basically you are saying that 10 man is superior to all par the rewards which are the same.
    Which is the definition of what we say all along, that there is no choice :P
    On the contrary you were saying there is.
    Maybe somebody should teach you the meaning of the terms "viable" and "realistic".
    You re in love with a system that "suposingly" is giving people choice, but in fact it isnt, because according to your own words
    1)It is easier and takes less efford to find a group that suits you and your schedule.
    2) It is faster to get going and with less downtime.
    3) It has less guild and loot drama
    4)It is easier to skew the system to favor the group they are in.

Those are your words, and those are not even half the benefits/advandages a 10 man has.
    Respectively, the "choice" is to ignore them all and be the masochist that will do 25s :P

The above advandages have nothing to do with the feeling once both groups get going. Some people prefer 25's feeling, but obviously to get there you have to deal with infinetely more problems and surpass infinately more obstacles.
    In other words you need more efford.
    Efford that is reflected nowhere, mounts, loot, achievements are all the same.
    So...people that prefer 25s feeling wont go for it because it is a very hard task, that system is making it even tougher by discouraging like minded people to go for 25s giving no incentive and no recognition for additional efford.
    There are achievements for the amount of fishes you have cought in this bloody game!
    Yet not a single one for defeating an encounter in 25!

You know what the easiest path for many of these players would have been? To stay where they were in a 25 man group where someone else did the work. Instead, they decided to act, to move, to go to the effort and bother of setting up a new guild and raid group, giving up their guild perks and starting from scratch in order to face content that provided a very similar challenge in most cases. These groups took on real world effort and often spent real life money to move to 10s. And this wasn't restricted to just the hardcore who might care about small margins of efficiency.
    No it wouldnt. And your previous paragraph displays with the most vivid colours why it wouldnt be clueless man.
    Even if you stay at your previous team, the 10 more skilled people of that team, benefit infinately by downsizing!
    In that case, either you are in the best 10 and get the benefits or your are not and you re excluded from raiding!

In any case you either raid 10 or not raid at ALL!!!
    Clueless is clueless....

Players moved to 10s and took on the extar work involved in running a guild because it gave most of them content that was similarly as chellenging, gave them equal rewards but offered them something 25s didn't. Are all those who claim that they can't run 25s on their PCs lying? Are all those who claim they simply prefer the feeling of having a bigger imapct mistaken? Does the opinion of those who say they simply like being able to see what happens on screen irrelevant? Those players who simply want to run content with their friends - are they fiends in human guise for not wanting to play with people they don't are about?
    Very few took over extra work mr genious vs those that stopped work and as a result fewer than 60& the amount of ICC teams are raiding!
    The rest are words of a politician.
    Did anybody in his sane mind said the NOBODY prefers 10 over 25?
    Why putting words in people mouths then?
    Like a phoney lower trying to bring tears to the jewery. Shame on you.

It is not over simplistic. Check again the very first paragraph of this very post you wrote. If your catchy phrase had an "All players" as start, it would be a dangerous generalization and a lie. It doesnt so it is correct.

EJL
    "If"?
    What "if" not?
    Because for few thousands that geniunly enjoy 10 man raiding today several HUNDRED THOUSANDS stopped raiding period!
    Since THAT is the case, proven by numbers YOUR PRECIOUS RAIDING MODEL HAS FAILED!!!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2013-02-09 at 03:36 AM.

Speaking from our experience, we are seeing a resurgence in people interested in 25 man raiding.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Basically you are saying that 10 man is superior to all par the rewards which are the same.
    And the actual raid which is also the same. The main difference, the big difference, the part wheere msot of the propbelsmw ith 25s lies...is with what seems to collectively known as logistics. The organising and running of a guild and raid.

It is less effort for a player to find a 10 man guild - because there are more of them. It is easier to find a raid thats uits your schedule - because there are more of them. It is easier to kick a problem player - because there are more replacements just waiting. It is easier to recruit...because the glut of players that used to be there at 25, the glut that made 25s easy to recruit for and run, is now clamouring to join 10s.

But the actual raid? That requires the same effort from most players.

Those are your words, and those are not even half the benefits/advandages a 10 man has.
    No, they aren't. 10s have a lot of good points. They are easy to join and organise. They provide players with the same challenge, prestige, gear and rewards. Its easy to raid to your own schedule and with your own friends.

The question is....why do you object to them? Because they stop you doing the format you choose because of the benefits that you prefer? Yes....palyers like those advantages they get in 10s. But you somehow think it wrong that they do so, that they should base their choice solely on which format they prefer the feel of.

In other words you need more efford.
    Logistical effort. As I've said for the past couple of years.

Efford that is reflected nowhere, mounts, loot, achievements are all the same.
    For very good reasons. Its effort that is borne mainly by very few players out of the 25 man raiding team, and extra rewards would heavily undermine the current raid model. There's a little room to play with wrt drop chances and numbers, but not much. Sure, palyers ghave to put more effort into joining....but not in playing.

There are achievements for the amount of fishes you have cought in this bloody game!
    Yet not a single one for defeating an encounter in 25!
    Yes. And this is, in many ways, a very minor issue. Why SHOULD there be a separate achievment for 25s? All you are going to achieve is resentment at forcing some players to do both, to runa 10 man main and a 25 man main. Why? Because 25 players requires the group to use a different set of tactics. So does altering your raid make up or running with PUGs or gearing up but theres never any call for those successes to be recognised with Achievements.

It's not a major issue whether 25s get their own Achievement or not....but the current system simply recognises that you defeated a certain challenge. Defeat Boss X at a certain difficulty. Which is what Achievement have always done.

No it wouldnt. And your previous paragraph displays with the most vivid colours why it wouldnt be clueless man.
    Even if you stay at your previous team, the 10 more skilled people of that team, benefit infinately by downsizing!
    In that case, either you are in the best 10 and get the benefits or your are not and you re excluded from raiding!
    And this is bad because.....because players aren't basing their decision purely on format? But basing their decision on where to get the best gear, the TBC/LK situation, was acceptable even though format there was also an uncommon reason to pick a format?

Very few took over extra work mr genious vs those that stopped work and as a result fewer than 60& the amount of ICC teams are raiding!
    This argument will be valid when you come up with a good reason why LFR should not be considered raiding. Until then, I cannot tell you how childish its makes these debates look to have one party unilatreally decide that Thiose millions of players over there don't raid because they do LFR. At the very least, present your argument with the qualifiers of normal and heroic raiders.

Even then, this argument is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the raid model. Raiding - hardcore raiding as you define it anyway - has ALWAYS been a minority interest. It has never been a major feature for most players. Why? Because most players didn't want the hassle that comes with it. You are arguing that a minority interest has become a minority interest and that this somehow proves something about the existing raid model.

Did anybody in his sane mind said the NOBODY prefers 10 over 25?
    The usual argument by advocates for 25s reads "Noone likes 10s, they just do it because its easy".

"If"?
    What "if" not?
    Because for few thousands that geniunly enjoy 10 man raiding today several HUNDRED THOUSANDS stopped raiding period!
    And several MILLION took it up via LFR. Including many of those "several HUNDRED THOUSANDS" you claim stopped raiding.

This is a game. People play it to get enjoyment. It is not unsurprising that large numbers of players drop out of Heroic and Normal raiding to join LFR because doing so gives them EVERYTHING they likely want from the game and removes most if not all of the headaches and work.

The same argument works for the 10 vs 25. Players run from the drudgery and work for the fun.

Overall, the goal here is simple.

Players should run the format they prefer.

The difference between us is simple - I don't have much of an issue with player preferring 10s because its more convenient, easier to schedule, allows them to raid, lets them play with friends or whatever. Players make their own chocie, based on their own needs, their own desires, based on what they wnat from the game. Anything they can get in one format, they can get in the other so the choice really is down to whichever suits them best.

The problem I have here is simple - because so many players choose to go to 10s, the pool of those available for 25s is much reduced. And the end result is fewer raids and a lot of players who cannot do their format of choice. The solution? Expand the raiding pool. But - short of allowing Cross Realm raiding/guilds - any incetives good enough to draw players to 25s will kill 10s.

Not a good solution.

You, however, don't seem to like all that. Having players choose their format based on things like convenience is somehow, for some reason, wrong. And I don't get that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Speaking from our experience, we are seeing a resurgence in people interested in 25 man raiding.
    So are we. Its nice to see.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-02-09 at 05:19 AM.