Thread: FTP robbery

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation FTP robbery

to unlock everything it costs 7160 cc thats not including WZ, FP and OP's weekly access thats ruffly $65 upfront then its

Weekly Pass: Flashpoints 240
    Weekly Pass: Space Missions 240
    Weekly Pass: Operations 240
    Weekly Pass: Warzones 240

so if you wanted to do all 4 it would cost you 3840cc which works out $40 a month 4x the sub or if you only did 2 of them $20 a month lol 2x the sub

also as a sub you get 500 cc a month so knock off $5 from my monthly fee and am paying $4.99 a month for all of the above

even without all the unlocks using a weekly pass more than once a month costs more than subbing

TL;DR

ftp = being bent over and shafted

Quote Originally Posted by liammozz View Post
    to unlock everything it costs 7160 cc thats not including WZ, FP and OP's weekly access thats ruffly $65 upfront then its

so if you wanted to do all 4 it would cost you 3840cc which works out $40 a month 4x the sub or if you only did 2 of them $20 a month lol 2x the sub

also as a sub you get 500 cc a month so knock off $5 from my monthly fee and am paying $4.99 a month for all of the above

even without all the unlocks using a weekly pass more than once a month costs more than subbing

TL;DR

Except that you can get 5500 Carte lCoins for $39.99 USD.

So, about 23 weekly unlocks for 40 dollars.

And 7k cartel coins? that's assuming you are daft and don't buy your major unlocks off the GTN. That 7k cartel coin figure is also quite a bit off. That was before they gave back a lot of unlocks.

Furthermore, the unlock for flashpoints is completely unnecessary since you can run as many as you like as f2p. The pass only effects your ability to roll on final boss loot.

In addition to that, the credits you make in space missions over the course of a week can more then pay for a space mission pass on the GTN.

edit: Just so its clear, that means its about 3 months for pvp/operations for 40 dollars as opposed to 45 dollars for subscription. Or if you choose to do just pvp or just opreations, 6 months for 40 dollars as opposed to 90 dollars.

And you can always do a set of dailies and buy a pass of the GTN and not spend any CC.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-22 at 02:45 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Its freemium so, honestly, what else would you expect? Finding ways to get players to spend money is how Austin makes theirs now.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

TL;DR

I don't see how FTP'ers are getting the shaft. The pricing is pretty straightforward and it's easy to figure out the most cost effective option for what you want. It's a restrictive model but how can you complain when you can get so much for free and you have the ability to buy unlocks with in-game currency. The only issue where people are getting screwed is with the unlocks not functioning properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Except that you can get 5500 Carte lCoins for $39.99 USD.

So, about 23 weekly unlocks for 40 dollars.

And 7k cartel coins? that's assuming you are daft and don't buy your major unlocks off the GTN. That 7k cartel coin figure is also quite a bit off. That was before they gave back a lot of unlocks.

Furthermore, the unlock for flashpoints is completely unnecessary since you can run as many as you like as f2p. The pass only effects your ability to roll on final boss loot.

In addition to that, the credits you make in space missions over the course of a week can more then pay for a space mission pass on the GTN.
    so your argument is don't be stupid and buy the unlock your self, wait till some one else is stupid and buy it of them?

do you still get comm's for doing the randoms?

what about op's you want to do end game you have to pay?

so your argument is don't be stupid and buy the unlock your self, wait till some one else is stupid and buy it of them?

do you still get comm's for doing the randoms?

what about op's you want to do end game you have to pay?
    Subscribers get 500 CC a month.

They can either spend it on gambling bags which usually net about 10k worth of items or buy 2 weekly passes which both sell for 350k each.

If you think that they are being stupid then... Well. I can't help you.

And yes, you still get comms so long as you have less than 20 comms of that type.

And yes, to do operations you need to have passes. Which can be purchased off people trying to make credits off their stipend.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-22 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Subscribers get 500 CC a month.

They can either spend it on gambling bags which usually net about 10k worth of items or buy 2 weekly passes which both sell for 350k each.
    I've never done that wasting 500cc to make 700k a month seams like a waste of cc to me. you have 8 lvl 50's how long does it take you to make 700k a day just in daily's

I've never done that wasting 500cc to make 700k a month seams like a waste of cc to me. you have 8 lvl 50's how long does it take you to make 700k a day just in daily's
    So what do you spend your CC on? There's nothing other than credits to make with it.
    Lets say I want to get a fancy moddable chest piece that is a low drop from bags. I can either try my luck with a 1% drop and go through 50 bags or sell a handful on unlocks and buy it off the GTN.

Deleted
    So what do you spend your CC on? There's nothing other than credits to make with it.
    Lets say I want to get a fancy moddable chest piece that is a low drop from bags. I can either try my luck with a 1% drop and go through 50 bags or sell a handful on unlocks and buy it off the GTN.
    well like you have loads of lvl 50's so i got more credits than i know what to do with most was used on bags out of shear bordum and lack of anything to do with them, i can buy anything of the market i wanted without selling passes and tbh if they want to run op's an stuff they can pay cash like me and contribute to the development of the game too

well like you have loads of lvl 50's so i got more credits than i know what to do with most was used on bags out of shear bordum and lack of anything to do with them, i can buy anything of the market i wanted without selling passes and tbh if they want to run op's an stuff they can pay cash like me and contribute to the development of the game too
    Kind of my point. The bags are the lesser of the two options 99% of the time. Not sure why having lots of credits would make you choose to make less. Personally, I hate dailies so I'd much rather make a 1.2m selling 3 or 4 unlock hide helms or something.

Deleted
    Kind of my point. The bags are the lesser of the two options 99% of the time. Not sure why having lots of credits would make you choose to make less. Personally, I hate dailies so I'd much rather make a 1.2m selling 3 or 4 unlock hide helms or something.
    i've given more stuff to guildys than i have sold them like when i got 2 darth nihilus masks in 2 boxes i gave one to a guildy and that guildy got lucky with 2 revean masks and gave me one. if it wasn't for the dailys there be no point in me logging in nothing much left to do

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've given more stuff to guildys than i have sold them like when i got 2 darth nihilus masks in 2 boxes i gave one to a guildy and that guildy got lucky with 2 revean masks and gave me one. if it wasn't for the dailys there be no point in me logging in nothing much left to do
    I am not following your logic. You are complaining about the costs to free players, who can earn their unlocks for the most part through playing the game. When presented with the detailed information on how this is possible you start arguing...I don't really know what. You just started talking about how much money you have, then admit you are a subscriber, and then...

Well I really have no idea what you are trying to say anymore. This game has plenty of things wrong with it, but saying that free players are getting shafted is certainly not one of them. The subscribers are the ones who are getting screwed in this deal. Not getting nearly enough benefits for their continual payments and being forced to pay extra for things that should be included in a subscription.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The subscribers are the ones who are getting screwed in this deal.
    Agreed.

I think the best move swtor could make is to raise the credit cap for preferred/f2p account to 1 million credits and lower the cartel coin cost of unlocks like artifact authorization to 500 cartel coins. This way subscribers could sell the most desired unlocks for considerably more than they currently can. The credit cap suppresses the cost of unlocks below a justifiable level. There's no way someone is going to sell artifact unlock for 350k when they could sell an unlock that costs a 5th the price for the same amount. I mean, god bless the ones that do and I have bought several of them. But they are rare and as people wise up they will become more so. That said, you can easily work out something through trade chat like 50 mandalorian iron and two payments for 350k coins or w/e. We could go on for pages about how much better a system swtor could adopt but they are clearly dealing with some, probably self-inflicted, technical difficulties.
    edit:
    Liam is clearly new here so I will bother to write what I actually think swtor should do.

I think that cartel coins should be able to be earned in the game through completing weekly quests such as killing world raid bosses, winning 9 warzones, completing 3 hard mode flash points, ect ect ect. Make a weekly quest for any end game activity bioware wants to promote. Remove the subscriber stipend and replace it with a buff to their cartel coin gain, like subscribers earn 400% more cartel coins. This way you have people grouping, raiding, playing together in all sorts of ways to earn cartel coins. This would make it easier to find groups for all sorts of things which makes people enjoy the game more and thus more likely to subscribe. Further, restrictions involving ANYTHING with a queue should be lifted and subscribers should get priority queue status. This would dramatically improve the queue time for all subscribers but mostly the DPS players, who need it the most. I mean. This is just the most basic F2P stuff and they aren't doing it which leads me to believe that they lack the ability to do to some technical barrier
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-22 at 04:21 PM.

/scratches head...

I am sort of confused. I feel like if a F2P wants all the unlocks and all the weekly passes every week they should just sub. It also seems like that is how it should be. I mean if it cost less to buy all those things it would make the sub option completely moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    /scratches head...

I am sort of confused. I feel like if a F2P wants all the unlocks and all the weekly passes every week they should just sub. It also seems like that is how it should be. I mean if it cost less to buy all those things it would make the sub option completely moot.
    Yep. The subscription is suppose to be a "value package" like deal.

I think a different approach would be better. Instead of having 27 different unlocks BW should start selling bundles. Problem with that is players who spent $60-$150 on the game would have to buy the game again which is kind of ridiculous. Spread across all the tiny unlocks it's less obvious you are buying the game for a 2nd time.

As it is you have to dive into the smuggling operation of buying stuff on GTN. It can have some role playing value I guess. You can think of it as some sort of achievement hunt. But as long as the weekly passes are what they are right now the whole f2p/b2p route of the game is incomplete.

Well you can cumulate your cc to buy the game or wait if next content updates will be purchasable by cc ... if you have enough credits why sell cc.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Well you can cumulate your cc to buy the game or wait if next content updates will be purchasable by cc ... if you have enough credits why sell cc.
    bad news about that. Makeb is cash only, not CC (they have specificly addressed that)
    I know in lotro you can do that with turbine points but no such luck in swtor

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    /scratches head...

Problem is the difference is kind ridiculous. If you buy 4 passes of one kind, having the other 3 end game activities still limited you are basically breaking even with subscription. And that is after you have spend extra money on unlocks. Unless you play very sparingly the f2p just does not cut it. Despite all the bs around it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 05:31 PM ----------

bad news about that. Makeb is cash only, not CC (they have specificly addressed that)
    I know in lotro you can do that with turbine points but no such luck in swtor
    Yeah, that was a "funny" move for sure. Subscribers don't worry we will give you enough cc to cover your every cartel shop dream ... Ops this content patch is called expansion so $$ please.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Unless you play very sparingly the f2p just does not cut it. Despite all the bs around it.
    Well, depends by what you mean sparingly.

If you are JUST a pvper, you can play the game for 50% off. So in terms of end game diversity I guess you could call that "sparingly" but you could play 12 hours a day unfettered.
    I think that this is mainly true if you are a pver since you can't do hardmode or nmm operations. that's messed up. You bought the pass, you should be able to do it.

Well, depends by what you mean sparingly.

If you are JUST a pvper, you can play the game for 50% off. So in terms of end game diversity I guess you could call that "sparingly" but you could play 12 hours a day unfettered.
    I think that this is mainly true if you are a pver since you can't do hardmode or nmm operations. that's messed up. You bought the pass, you should be able to do it.
    It's not 50% off when you have to spend 1k cc on it. Subscription gets you 4 passes and 500 cc ~ 1500 cc. Both cc and subscription you can buy cheaper in bundle. So it's $10 vs $15 for 1k vs 1.5k cc. Maybe I have the numbers wrong.

And I thought that weekly pass does not allow rwz. Is it just the operation passes that allows you story mode only ?