How to clean Cherry MX Red switches?

A couple of days ago I spilled ice cream on my keyboard (facepalm) and took off all the keys and cleaned it, however it seems that some got inside the switch on the M key and now it is hard to press down and comes up very slowly.

Does anyone know how I can clean it out so it doesn't stick anymore?

Illinois, USA
    Rubbing alcohol should do the trick!
    i7-5820K@4GHz | ASUS X99-Deluxe | Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Many Crucial SSDs | WD 2TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    Samsung S34E790C Curved 34" | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Blue Snowball Mic | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Take the caps off the keys.

get a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol (99% ethanol).

Stand the keyboard keys facing up in the sink and make sure the alcohol gets into the switches (press them repeatedly for example.

now you can either rinse with distilled water (not deionized water, that still contains salts) or more alcohol.

Let it dry completely. I let my K90 dry for a week with packets of "do not eat" around it when I spilled apple juice on it.

Oh yeah, don't smoke while doing this
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-02-18 at 04:04 PM.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide