Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im honestly not really seeing it. If I try and see it yea, but other then that no.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I blame Xelnath.

..but seriously, every time you see this..

..you should recognize it represents a phallus.
    That is an obelisk, a monument originally invented by the ancient Egyptians, which in fact represents a solidified ray of sunlight. The structure was supposed to be flat-topped and have a statue of Washington riding a horse in the original design, as well as be surrounded by a ring of columns. Building it, however, took 40 years, and it underwent several design changes to keep costs down, until finally they settled on an Egyptian-proportioned obelisk topped with a pyramid. As in pyramidal design, the cap was made of a precious metal, aluminum, which ceased to be quite so precious a few years later when the process to cheaply produce the stuff from ore was invented.

And so, in summary, the Washington Monument does not, and never has, represented a phallus. In all seriousness.

Some retard in our guild likes to point it out and laugh about it for 5 minutes in TS every raid. Also, 'eat the balls' on sha.

I blame Xelnath.

..but seriously, every time you see this..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...k_Jan_2006.jpg

..you should recognize it represents a phallus.
    I wonder why they don't call it "bill clinton monument" lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Autier View Post
    There's too much condescending bullshit in this thread.

It looks like a dick, you noticed it too, get over it. You don't have to thrust your 'You're immature/depraved/perverted/subhuman if you noticed that' crap on people willing to have a laugh.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Autier View Post
    There's too much condescending bullshit in this thread.

It looks like a dick, you noticed it too, get over it. You don't have to thrust your 'You're immature/depraved/perverted/subhuman if you noticed that' crap on people willing to have a laugh.
    Pretty much. It's quite clearly been put in as a joke for you to laugh at if you notice it. Same as the blood wing map in ICC. Blood queen, map looks like a Ut..well you get the point.

Just laugh at them if you want, and if you don't find it funny, then don't laugh. Just stop thrusting your moral standards bullshit on the rest of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    That is an obelisk, a monument originally invented by the ancient Egyptians, which in fact represents a solidified ray of sunlight. The structure was supposed to be flat-topped and have a statue of Washington riding a horse in the original design, as well as be surrounded by a ring of columns. Building it, however, took 40 years, and it underwent several design changes to keep costs down, until finally they settled on an Egyptian-proportioned obelisk topped with a pyramid. As in pyramidal design, the cap was made of a precious metal, aluminum, which ceased to be quite so precious a few years later when the process to cheaply produce the stuff from ore was invented.
    Which by itself doesn't refute what I said.

And so, in summary, the Washington Monument does not, and never has, represented a phallus. In all seriousness.
    Taken from Wikipedia article Phallic architecture.
    Phallic architecture is architecture that "consciously or unconsciously provide[s] a symbolic representation of the phallus."[1] Phallic architecture is not solely limited to skyscrapers and obelisks; phallic tombstones and other such structures can be found in graveyards and monuments around the world and to decorate buildings and walls as motifs and in sculptural works. Buildings intentionally or unintentionally resembling the human penis can be the local source of amusement and attract tourists in cities around the world.

Phallic architecture became prominent in ancient Egypt and ancient Greece, where genitalia and human sexuality was a fascination.

[...]

In modern times, the most obvious examples of phallic architecture, but more subtle in nature and often subject to interpretation as such, emerged during urban development in the western world during the 20th century, particularly in Chicago and New York City. Scholars of anthropology, sociology, and feminism have pointed out the symbolic nature of phallic architecture, especially large skyscrapers which dominate the landscape as symbols of masculinity, male domination, political authority, power, and violence, as a clear metaphorical statement of male power. There are many examples of modern phallic architecture, including the Washington Monument and the Empire State Building

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Ahvanar View Post
    Immature? i wasn't making a joke out if it, i was just genuinely surprised to see that on the floor.

The fact that you would search until you found something like that, which honestly took some time staring at for it to even register points at your maturiety or lack thereof.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Some retard in our guild likes to point it out and laugh about it for 5 minutes in TS every raid. Also, 'eat the balls' on sha.
    I don't have anything against penis or nut jokes at all (I'm no saint, I laugh at them if I find them funny, don't care if they're immature or not), but people who giggle like a little girl and keep repeating stuff like that make me want to smash my head against a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Which by itself doesn't refute what I said.

Taken from Wikipedia article Phallic architecture.
    I'm aware of the theory, and I'm afraid I still think it's utter bullshit, made up by people who by and large have something to prove themselves.

How long did you stare at those tiles until you finally noticed that that there's something like that? oO

/golfclap, what a wonderous discovery... Another dirty bit of architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Yes, there was a thread about this a while back. Yes it looks like a dick. Yes most of mmo-champ is immature.
    I'M NOT INMATURE! I'M REALLY MATURE, I... I HELP MY MOMMY DO THE HOUSEWORK.... AND I NEVER PEE MY BED at least not today

O.T: Lol, i have never seen that before... but is most likely just a coincidence and the internet have made a mess of our brain that now we see a lot of strange things on games and movies

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't have anything against penis or nut jokes at all (I'm no saint, I laugh at them if I find them funny, don't care if they're immature or not), but people who giggle like a little girl and keep repeating stuff like that make me want to smash my head against a wall.
    Why not their head? is way better

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Pretty much. It's quite clearly been put in as a joke for you to laugh at if you notice it. Same as the blood wing map in ICC. Blood queen, map looks like a Ut..well you get the point.

Just laugh at them if you want, and if you don't find it funny, then don't laugh. Just stop thrusting your moral standards bullshit on the rest of us.
    Throne of Tides Floor 1 looks more like the female reproductive system, and floor 2 looks like a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's just your own perverted mind. It actually looked like a throne to me.

You have a problem if you're seeing penises everywhere.
    A larger area is circled than the specific tiles. There are 3 specific tiles and it's damn blatant in them. One has a long, detailed shaft and the two underneath it have circles in them.

And Blizzard enjoys including these things in the game as indicated by the beginning of the Harrison Jones quest chain in Uldum. (e.g. Quest: Just the Tip).
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-24 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It represents a phallus to the same degree any other free standing pillar-like object does. Which isn't really all that much, unless you want to see one.

Nice, reminds me of the Worgen start area where you can find a jar of dildo's.

Deleted
    I'm aware of the theory, and I'm afraid I still think it's utter bullshit
    "Hey guise, this theory here, I think it's utter bullshit [...]

made up by people who by and large have something to prove themselves.
    <insert ad hominem>"

You didn't disprove the theory at all. All you did was an ad hominem. Who would be convinced by your statement?

Don't play Tera then: http://i.imgur.com/Q1cay5S.jpg
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    The fact that you would search until you found something like that, which honestly took some time staring at for it to even register points at your maturiety or lack thereof.
    It's ok, you can think what you want about my maturity, i hardly see this post as a representation of who i am or how i think. I've been raiding this place for a while now and for some reason yesterday, i was the first one getting up the ramp and i just noticed it. we had a good laugh at it and i though id share it for other people to have a quick smile as we did.

Have i known that people would be getting that upset over something as silly as my screenshot i'd have skipped sharing it. I used disturbed for the lack of a better word, after reading all the previous reaction i should have used suprised i guess.