Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think this is whinning and crying I think its exactly what it is; pretty darn funny. Art teams in every game for years have been sticking dicks into places. And for years players have ooh and ahhh and laughed at them. Leave the tradition of phallic symbols alone. Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    "Hey guise, this theory here, I think it's utter bullshit [...]

<insert ad hominem>"

You didn't disprove the theory at all. All you did was an ad hominem. Who would be convinced by your statement?
    The theory itself is an ad hominem. I don't see why arguments against it have to be any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Don't play Tera then: http://i.imgur.com/Q1cay5S.jpg
    Another disgruntled graphics artist who left the company with a subliminal message.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    This made me rofl.
    Saved it to my phobucket and will be used in the future. >

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl. who the hell first noticed that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The theory itself is an ad hominem.
    Oh, really. Where is the ad hominem?

I don't see why arguments against it have to be any different.
    You're not insulting the theory, you're insulting the proponents of said theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    I honestly don't understand how people discover things like this. I personally would have looked at those tiles and just been like "Oh, there's stone tiles on the ground". The person either has to have a dirty mind, or is just straight up looking for dicks in the graphical design of the game.
    Pattern recognition generally works with things the viewer sees the most.

This is why the whole "faces in places" thing is nearly universal. We all see faces so much that we can easily see what's interpreted as faces in random patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Oh, really. Where is the ad hominem?

You're not insulting the theory, you're insulting the proponents of said theory.
    It begins from a cliche'd, insulting generalization that by definition cannot be proved: "Men only think about their genitals" and extrapolates that out to "anything designed or constructed by a man is therefore a penis." And then it goes one further, suggesting that since most world civilizations since antiquity have been patriarchal, everything accomplished by them can be summarized as a dick-measuring race.

It's an insult, and it deserves to be treated as such.

Deleted
    It begins from a cliche'd, insulting generalization that by definition cannot be proved: "Men only think about their genitals"
    No, it doesn't. You're projecting. This is what was I quoted:

Phallic architecture became prominent in ancient Egypt and ancient Greece, where genitalia and human sexuality was a fascination.
    Are you able to understand what a fascination means? Certainly not "men only think about their genitals."

and extrapolates that out to "anything designed or constructed by a man is therefore a penis."
    Quote where it says that.

And then it goes one further, suggesting that since most world civilizations since antiquity have been patriarchal, everything accomplished by them can be summarized as a dick-measuring race.
    You're providing no proof whatsoever. Yet this is what it reads in the article

Both the Greeks and ancient Romans honored the phallus and worshiped Priapus, the well-endowed god of fertility and built temples and monuments to worship him, utilizing phallic architecture and sculpture.
    Worshipping one of the many God in a polytheism is hardly "men only think about their genitals."

It begins from a cliche'd, insulting generalization that by definition cannot be proved: "Men only think about their genitals" and extrapolates that out to "anything designed or constructed by a man is therefore a penis." And then it goes one further, suggesting that since most world civilizations since antiquity have been patriarchal, everything accomplished by them can be summarized as a dick-measuring race.

It's an insult, and it deserves to be treated as such.
    Phallic architecture became prominent in ancient Egypt and ancient Greece, where genitalia and human sexuality was a fascination.
    adding to this, from wikipedia:

"Egyptologist David Lorton says that many ancient texts refer to autofellatio within the religion of Egypt, both in the realm of the gods and among the followers performing religious rituals. According to Lorton, in the Papyrus Bremner-Rhind 28, 20–24, in a document called "Book of Overthrowing Apophis", there is a poem narrating how the sun god Ra had created the god Shu and goddess Tefnut by fellating himself and spitting out his own semen onto the ground. In ancient Egyptian texts this act is usually performed by the god Atum, and most texts depict only the spitting of the semen or only the masturbation, but not both."

so, yeah. at least the egyptians were pretty focused on genitals, even at a religious level lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-24 at 08:45 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is whinning and crying I think its exactly what it is; pretty darn funny. Art teams in every game for years have been sticking dicks into places. And for years players have ooh and ahhh and laughed at them. Leave the tradition of phallic symbols alone. Leave it alone.
    If that was true then we have a serious issue with the designers being gay and hinting they need more poo jabbing done, and hence then why so much of the designs are bad. They really need to step out side find a woman and have a look at some real pussy instead of penises....
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Did you know that designers can be female, Mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    If that was true then we have a serious issue with the designers being gay and hinting they need more poo jabbing done, and hence then why so much of the designs are bad. They really need to step out side find a woman and have a look at some real pussy instead of penises....
    Dicks don't always represent sexuality, let alone homosexuality. I think this is a personal problem on your end. Dicks can also be hilarious. Draw a dick on a wall sometime, no one is going to walk by and think gay sex, they are going to laugh or be disgusted one of the two. Dicks are funny as well as sexual, otherwise like 90% of most comedy movies would not have ......DICK and fart jokes. Its almost like dick is in the title. You also missed all my sexual references in my post, that were also there to be funny, not divert some sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    adding to this, from wikipedia:

so, yeah. at least the egyptians were pretty focused on genitals, even at a religious level lol

Still doesn't prove the Washington Monument represents anything other than George Washington, a man who was known for a great many things which did not include the contents of his pants. And as for the tall buildings angle, my cousin works as an architect in New York City putting up those very same tall buildings. I'm fairly certain she isn't being driven by subconscious compensation issues, and nor does she worship the almighty schlong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Nice, reminds me of the Worgen start area where you can find a jar of dildo's.
    Now that one is funny Nice find

Deleted

Still doesn't prove the Washington Monument represents anything other than George Washington, a man who was known for a great many things which did not include the contents of his pants. And as for the tall buildings angle, my cousin works as an architect in New York City putting up those very same tall buildings. I'm fairly certain she isn't being driven by subconscious compensation issues, and nor does she worship the almighty schlong.
    You really don't get it do you? What it represents is the value we assert to it. Do you think that driving an Autobahn is somehow some kind of ritual to commemorate Hitler? Carrying Livestrong bracelet indicates you support doping? Right, now, I'm not American, and for me this building's shape is an implementation of symbol is just another obelisk which is a symbol which in ancient civilizations (not only Egypt) represents originally the phallus. My implementing the design, the refers to it. I would suggest George Washington was intelligent enough to realize this simple information (which one learns in my country in history class when 10 years old) about architecture/history.

I always looked at it upside down and saw an alien dude with a 6pack
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

If you didn't draw huge arrows around it and people didn't say it looks like a dick, I don't think I would have noticed. But hm, ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing about this is not the OP, but the people on the high horses pretending not to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    alot of people want to see dicks and tits in everyting. looks like floor tiles to me to. but i got more and more feeling i'm not normal:P
    I agree people see what they wanna see be it boobs dicks or images of jesus.
    Hell sometimes I get really stoned and start trying to find random images on the plaster coating my walls.

That said I had no interest in seeing a dick and it is pretty obvious an artist put some effort into designing that as it's not an illusion.
    Though I could see some interesting nicknames popping up for that room I also don't doubt someone will inform blizzard and it will be fixed before going live.