being able to choose ascendant form?

It would be nice if we could choose our ascendant form wouldn't you all agree? Would give shamans some more flexibility. I see it working well for ele and resto. Double the power of healing surges in pvp for ele as water ascendant and gives resto a nice dps alternative with fire ascendant should they need it.

??

Well it does not seem fair that Shamans would have to sacrifice a DPS cooldown to perform healing, when Druids have lvl90 Heart of the Wild talent that can do the same while not wasting a DPS cd.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Well it does not seem fair that Shamans would have to sacrifice a DPS cooldown to perform healing, when Druids have lvl90 Heart of the Wild talent that can do the same while not wasting a DPS cd.
    That's wrong actually, it would word exactly like Heart of the wild in the way that when a druid uses heart of the wild, it can be a DPS cooldown because of how it works, or it can help with healing, so i think the OP means it in that way, that you can choose to heal or damage, which is the same as druids because using HoTW can very often be a DPS boost

Edit, My thoughts, I'm not sure i would like it so much, the two classes i play at 90 are Druid and Shaman and has been the two I've played end game for many years, I think it would be nice to have a more reliable assistance technique for Shamans to heal, as they can Tank for a short time, but healing is very limited
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-01-24 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah and without shamanism, chain casting lava burst wouldn't really be strong for resto or enhance but a range dps alternative. Ele only gets healing surge anyway, water ascendant won't be so overpowered. Though, I'm sure such an obvious idea has already been submitted to the wow devs but they probably turned it down for some reason.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    All I want changed about Ascendancy is an added glyph that does something about the appearance hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's wrong actually, it would word exactly like Heart of the wild in the way that when a druid uses heart of the wild, it can be a DPS cooldown because of how it works, or it can help with healing, so i think the OP means it in that way, that you can choose to heal or damage, which is the same as druids because using HoTW can very often be a DPS boost

Edit, My thoughts, I'm not sure i would like it so much, the two classes i play at 90 are Druid and Shaman and has been the two I've played end game for many years, I think it would be nice to have a more reliable assistance technique for Shamans to heal, as they can Tank for a short time, but healing is very limited
    I don't think he meant so much that you'd be losing an ability that can be used as a DPS cooldown, more that if this also boosts your healing then Shamans might be expected to use their burst CD for healing instead of doing damage.
    Even a single heal during Ascendance can be a pretty big hit to your DPS, it's not something most people would want to do but is something Raid Leaders would ask for if it were an option.

I like ascendance as it...kinda wish the duration was just an itty bitty longer for resto since our spell casts can be rather slow. (seems fine as ele) I don't know about enhance.

OH OH and I want a glyph to change the appearance so I actually look like an elemental >> I'm tried of looking like a nerdy power ranger

The ascendants should be gender appropriate at least....my female Pandaren feels odd being a giant manly ascendant.

And I would love a minor glyph that would make it so no transformation takes place when Ascendance is cast.

For PvP, ya know.

Deleted
    The ascendants should be gender appropriate at least....my female Pandaren feels odd being a giant manly ascendant.
    Eeeeeee...? How do you know it's a male?

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Hybrid healing was already a problem and subsequently nerfed, as was the strong Healer DPS cooldown Resto Druids had in Heart of the Wild. After the best-in-the-world-Arena-guild on Tichondrius ran a 3 Resto Druid team one night, what is supposed to happen is all of their matches time out as they can't be killed but they also don't have the offensive pressure to kill. However, by lining up CC then all popping Heart of the Wild they won every single match and the ability was nerfed the next Tuesday maintenance.

What would happen if your suggestion is followed is that a triple Resto Shaman team would repeat the same strategy, only with triple Ascendence DPS to line up their kills.
    1. Shaman cc is horrible
    2. If you think lava burst spam is overpowered you are delusional. It tickles players in pvp gear.