Indomitable Primal Diamond. How good is it for tanks?

The information on the new legendary meta gems is out. The tanking one is called Indomitable Primal Diamond. Its as follows:

+324 Stamina & Chance on being hit gain a 20% reduction to physi
    Requires item level 502

Now, currently I use Austere Primal Diamond.
    +324 Stamina and 2% Increased Armor Value from Items
    Requires item level 417

Now, the Austere will give armor, which reduces physical damage taken. Its not nearly a lose of 20%. Not even 5%. Im pretty sure that the New legendary will be better, but what kind of ICD will it need to be worth it? I mean, obviously at some point it just wont be worth it. I would like to know at what point would it not be worth it? That way we get a discussion about it.

Need more info about proc chance + ICD and buff duration.

I don't think WoWHead is correct here ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137594
    No GCD, no ICD , 100% Proc Chance
    I think it will be on a 50 sec ICD with 1-2 RPPM

It will be the best gem in case of physical damage reduction, the 2% Armor increase will never compensate the legendary proc.

I am a bit disappointed that the Gem only got the normal 324 Stamina.

need more information.
    not even sure if the gem is going to go into a regular meta socket or a 'sha touched meta socket' you add to your gear.

Yeah, it's too soon to really make a conclusive judgement about the meta gems. I mean, all the other types of metas currently have stamina on them. I'm fairly certain that's wrong.

That said, I'm betting the design intent will be to make them the best choice possible, so expect them to be better than regular meta gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Londo View Post
    I don't think WoWHead is correct here ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137594
    No GCD, no ICD , 100% Proc Chance
    I think it will be on a 50 sec ICD with 1-2 RPPM

It will be the best gem in case of physical damage reduction, the 2% Armor increase will never compensate the legendary proc.

I am a bit disappointed that the Gem only got the normal 324 Stamina.
    I think the stamina stat is a placeholder, since even the caster ones have it...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the crown add a 2nd meta socket place for the legendary? Have only read it once so I'm not sure..

If not, the legendary one will top the Austere one IMO, because the proc offers 20% physical damage reduction, not just 20% armor.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    Doesn't the crown add a 2nd meta socket place for the legendary? Have only read it once so I'm not sure..

If not, the legendary one will top the Austere one IMO, because the proc offers 20% physical damage reduction, not just 20% armor.
    The crown is currently a copy of the Eye, that adds a prismatic slot to a sha-touched weapon. No idea what exactly it'll do yet, as that's obviously a placeholder.

Blizz stated (I think) that this thing will go into the head slot, so probably improperly flagged spells there. But I expect a ~10-12 sec 1 ppm type of buff. 20% damage reduction with higher uptime than that would be crazy.