Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

do you let people insult you because you messed up?

I wanted to get some Cata rep, so I ran some heroics as a tank. full random makeup, jade temple. we speed through the instance with me doing some chain pulling and mass pulling, but on the final trash before the sha, the mage didn't notice that i was about to pull and got locked outside. I tell him sorry for it, and ask "try to keep up next time".

the druid healer, other server, responds: "Try to keep your dick out of your mouth the next time." I asked who that was aimed at, and upon hearing it was for me, I just said "Okay" and left the group. i'm sorry, but i'm not going to take verbal abuse from anyone. I know I was in the wrong, but the druid didn't have to be so agressive about it. I reported him for language, but I was wondering what your opinion on this matter is.

Deleted
    Insult no, people like that have no place in my raid and would be booted within a minute, constructive polite criticism on the other hand is highly welcome. In randoms i put anyone who badmouth others on ignore and do not read party chat.

That druid was a (what he told you to get out of your mouth)

If i mess up. I dont mind someone mentioning it or even tell me what i did wrong. Insulting like that. F no
    Attitude like that druid. He should get a perm ban tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    I think anyone that is able to get upset about what someone who is potentially on the other side of the world had to say is a weak minded fool, the only reason anyone talks shit in a dungeon is to get a reaction and if you let it get to you your just a whiney baby. Either get thicker skin or your gonna get pushed around your whole life.

That's my opinion though

I never take it either. Average age of the MMO gamer is 35. I'm not going to let anyone regardless of age ruin my good time with insults. I'm a tank, I'll just re-queue. Have fun kiddies!
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Report such people immediately, even for small abuses. The cases just stack up and they will more likely to get suspend/warning. Just right click on the name, report-verbal abuse (not sure what is exactly written in english client).

And for the particular case.. lolwhat? Just dafuq? Slowpoke mage did locked out and you are sorry for that? Druid has his OPINION? Like anyone cares. I just run through this dungeons for valor (sadly, i have to...) with the best tactics/pulls I can and throw some mass resses when people can't keep up.

Deleted
    I love it when people attack me, gives me a chance to type really funny obscenities.

Deleted
    Report and move on imo.

I don't particularily care about insults. Either they're right and I deserve them (in which case I can't object to them, only try to avoid repeating what inspired it), or they're wrong and my ego isn't so weak that it can't deal with some people relieving their frustration on me.

I think that people who can't take harsh language are the opposite of "mature", but I do at least demand that it's justified if it's more than just a random anonymous encounter.

In LFD, bothering with it isn't worth it. If you really left the group at the last boss then then only victim in that situation was you (by your own behaviour, no less), which is anything but a win in my book.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't insult folks when they make mistakes (I'm RL and GM in my guild) and I would expect the same for when I screw up (and folks do call me out!). Everyone screws up, we're all human.

In your case what that druid said was completely uncalled for. I don't care what the circumstances are. No one deserves to be verbally abused, no one.
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

hmm well i usually never let people fuck with me like that. whenever i run a pally tank if anyones incompetent and yells at me its pull boss bubble hearth time. let the whole party die (cause usually its a guild group) . afterwards i can jus sit in town and let them kick me who cares i get an instant Q anyway so jokes on them.

bottom line never let anyone diss u and get away with it.

Perhaps if you'd just apologized to the DPS, rather than trying to pass blame onto them, you wouldn't have copped any abuse.

I tell him sorry for it, and ask "try to keep up next time".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Perhaps if you'd just apologized to the DPS, rather than trying to pass blame onto them, you wouldn't have copped any abuse.
    I read the OP as if he apologized, idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you did the right thing. I can take a "dumbass" when I goofed up. But anything vulger and it ticks me off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you certainly shouldn't take verbal abuse lying down, but I don't know if the correct response was to drop group. You were really close to the end of the dungeon, and by dropping you're not only punishing yourself but the three other people, simply because some druid has a foul mouth. I would have just told that druid to stfu, or you could have said "reported" and reported him (which also sticks him on ignore) and finished the dungeon. The way you handled it the druid kind of won...he gets to finish the dungeon and you don't.

I probably wouldnt of said try to keep up next time tbh but I wouldn't of seen any harm done,

If the mage had a go back at you, I'd of understood, but idk why the druid was getting involved unless they were guild mates or something,

And no I dont "let" people insult me, I usually reply with a smart tongue and make them feel stupid, act gay which always works, or agree with what they say,

However if Im on my priest, I will life grip them into their death, if thats not available then I'll life grip them as often as possible to piss em off and not reply to anything they've said,

If I'm on my lock, I'll troll with demonic gateway, the best one was the other night in LFR first wing of HoF you know that trash as you walk in, cleared those 2 mobs, but then theres trash at teh end of room that no1 ever kills, so I slapped a demonic gateway into them after we wiped on trash because everyone was bickering, as they ran in, all the gateway charges were used straight away, it was hilarious tbh

The worst Ive done for someone insulting me, was the Main tank on empress fight, he was slobbering shit for the entire run so I had enough, purposley ran into the aoe, got my hp low and swapped our life around, needless to say he died, we wiped he blamed the healers and left, yea that was a dick move but totally worth it to know he had to run the entire place again if he wanted a chance at loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    I think anyone that is able to get upset about what someone who is potentially on the other side of the world had to say is a weak minded fool, the only reason anyone talks shit in a dungeon is to get a reaction and if you let it get to you your just a whiney baby. Either get thicker skin or your gonna get pushed around your whole life.

That's my opinion though
    thats funny seeing you seem to be bending over and accepting that treatment towards you. seems your already allowing yourself to be pushed around in my eyes.

personaly no i would not take kindly to a person speaking like that he would get no respect from me votekick and if i choose to take on a leading role in community i do my very best to keep him blacklisted and removed from as many guilds as possible. Its what he asked for with that attitude after all.

I like when our raid lead calls us retards. Usually because I agree.

Randoms better watch their mouths or they end up with a relentless troll of an enemy, and repair bills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    I love it when people attack me, gives me a chance to type really funny obscenities.

You are a Jerk.

From Lurk.

Deleted
    Some tard hundreds of kilometers away in his basement raging on a computer can't really offend me. Never understood why people get mad over what's said over the internet.