Thread: Next Warchief

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think a bit better then you to be honest. Seeing how the lore shapes itself in its entirety, this story speaks volumes for lessons of the past and doomed to repeat them.

I didn't realize I had to validate myself based on your opinions of matters in the lore either.

But since you decide to paint a rather bias view of the story it seemed appropriate. your arguments basicly being 'I don't like this character so he's not on the list' speaks for itself.
    1. You mean like Blizz is repeating the whole WC1-3 cycle over Wotlk-Cata-MoP?

2. You said I would be wrong because the story was going to end up proving me wrong anyway. You used evidence that -doesn't exist yet- to end an argument with me before it even started. I'm not forcing you to validate anything. I'm just pointing out that's hardly a good way to make an argument.

3. I gave my opinion, I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, I made a comment on a thread and since you don't like what I said you decided to quote me and "Dismiss" me because I "so obviously" don't know what I'm talking about. You're acting like a bully.
    Twas brillig

Garrosh is the last warchief. The war ends with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Garrosh is the last warchief. The war ends with him.
    Metzen tweeted that they'd picked who'd be warchief after him though :B

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...79525424439296
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You can't redeemed Garrosh from what he has done BEFORE Pandaria.
    That's probably because there's no redemption for something that wasn't bad to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Tbh I think it will be Garrosh after he is redeemed because we have no idea how long this "corruption" has had its hold on him xD

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Tbh I think it will be Garrosh after he is redeemed because we have no idea how long this "corruption" has had its hold on him xD
    He's not corrupted :\

He's just a poorly written jerk.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Blizzard clarified that Garrosh is corrupted in the traditional sense, not in the 'influenced by evil forces' sense. Even if people don't think he's done anything wrong pre MOP, he certain is IN MoP. Using blood elves as fodder in his hastened attempts to learn the secrets of the mogu and get the divine bell, which has a huge death toll for them. (And that attitude lead to Lor'themar almost defecting to the Alliance, had Jaina not done the purge of dalaran.) Trying to assassinate Vol'jin and putting the echo isles under martial law. Using the Kor'kron as secret police against his own people. And we haven't even gotten to whatever he's doing under Org yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Rexxar has it all, he is THE champion of the horde, he is bigger than Garrosh. Together with his uber bear buddy Misha, he's someone nobody wants to mess with lightly.

He has no enemies within the horde and no race would feel too offended if he became warchief as he wouldn't represent a particular race so politically Rexxar would be the easiest to get away with.

He got along with Jaina pretty well, so he has that Thrall thingy that he's someone Alliance can actually talk to.

He is best friends with Chen Stormstout so he could better listen to the Pandaren about how not to bring forth the Sha.

As much as we all love Rexxar, who's to say that he would even want the responsibilities that come with being in a position like Warchief or dealing with the politics of the Horde? Something tells me he'd be more involved with both of the aforementioned already if that were the case.

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...39197818527744

Apparently they tried to get Rexxar into Vol'jin's book so since he doesn't seem to have made it there he might get a spot somewhere else, maybe helping retake org in the raid.
    Twas brillig

I'm 80% confident it will be an Orc, probably Thrall or Saurfang.

Bolvar. Sylvanis hooks up with the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm 80% confident it will be an Orc, but I'm not sure on who. Likely Thrall or Saurfang.
    Thrall's more likely than saurfang imo. Showed up more recently so it wouldn't be quite as out of the blue, and younger so there's less chance of him croaking anytime soon, while Saurfang is up there with Drek'thar in age.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas of course, Magister's Terrace was merely a setback.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Resurrected Saurfang the Younger. Blizz could make it happen. Give us our true Warchief. Didn't Thrall think of him first before Garrosh? (Besides the unfortunate fact that he's dead.)

The more and more I quest in MoP the more likely it looks like it will either be Lor'Themar or Voljin. Personally I'm hoping for Lor'Themar.

Lor'Themar will be the next warchief. His character is being too largely built for not to be the next warchief. He has also showed his leadership skills in the past, I.E. the blood elf civil war, and the redemption of the elves. He has shown excellent leadership skills and has shown to forget old grudges, I.E. talks of joining the alliance (That was of coarse before dumb jaina). But seeing as also the Black Prince want's the Horde and the Alliance to come to peace for when the Legion comes, someone with excellent political skills will need to mend the tie, and the new Lor'Themar and Varian shows this.
    Lor'Themar shows leadership quality, which is what blizzard is doing with the story. Vol'Jin may be the one to kill Garrosh, but a usurper would have a hard time then taking the throne.
    Also, in the next patch, I believe Lor'Themar is talking of alliances with the shado-pan, cause they hunt sha, and, ya'know, Garrosh will becoming the embodiment of probably the worst one yet. Anyone? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    The more and more I quest in MoP the more likely it looks like it will either be Lor'Themar or Voljin. Personally I'm hoping for Lor'Themar.
    True, it'd be an interesting change of pace, and it'd fit with Blizzard's old habit of turning fantasy tropes on their heads. Plus it'd make the Blood Elves effectively independent of the Forsaken.

On the other hand, it'd be difficult to sell him to much of the playerbase that're more fans of the western Horde and it's aesthetics/thematics/culture, plus it'd be hard to explain why the orcs and others would follow him, he has the blood elves support and loyalty, but the other races aren't all that familiar with him lorewise.

Be that as it may, he's actually more active than Vol'jin, who, while fitting the west Horde 'kit' he hasn't done much except bluster at Garrosh in the troll starting area... and then get stabbed in the face in a pretty lame manner. So if Blizz wanted him to be Warchief they'd have t have him do something in 5.3 to earn the respect of the rest of the faction lorewise -and- the playerbase.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
    Lor'Themar will be the next warchief. His character is being too largely built for not to be the next warchief. He has also showed his leadership skills in the past, I.E. the blood elf civil war, and the redemption of the elves. He has shown excellent leadership skills and has shown to forget old grudges, I.E. talks of joining the alliance (That was of coarse before dumb jaina). But seeing as also the Black Prince want's the Horde and the Alliance to come to peace for when the Legion comes, someone with excellent political skills will need to mend the tie, and the new Lor'Themar and Varian shows this.
    Lor'Themar shows leadership quality, which is what blizzard is doing with the story. Vol'Jin may be the one to kill Garrosh, but a usurper would have a hard time then taking the throne.
    Also, in the next patch, I believe Lor'Themar is talking of alliances with the shado-pan, cause they hunt sha, and, ya'know, Garrosh will becoming the embodiment of probably the worst one yet. Anyone? anyone?
    Thing is, the news that Lor'themar talking about joining the alliance would hurt him with much of the Horde playerbase, who'd see him as untrustworthy and flighty rather than calculating.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you can only redeem someone if they have redeemable qualities.

That's not true. They can redeem themselves, if they make that choice. Everyone can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thing is, the news that Lor'themar talking about joining the alliance would hurt him with much of the Horde playerbase, who'd see him as untrustworthy and flighty rather than calculating.
    Except Lor'Themar didn't continue talks with the alliance because of dumb jaina's fault. Besides, I wouldn't call him untrustworthy for wanting the best of his people. Remember, as of now, he only looks out for the future of the bloodelves and not the whole horde. It isn't flighty for wanting what's best for your people, and their future. It's actually calculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Blizzard clarified that Garrosh is corrupted in the traditional sense, not in the 'influenced by evil forces' sense. Even if people don't think he's done anything wrong pre MOP, he certain is IN MoP. Using blood elves as fodder in his hastened attempts to learn the secrets of the mogu and get the divine bell, which has a huge death toll for them. (And that attitude lead to Lor'themar almost defecting to the Alliance, had Jaina not done the purge of dalaran.) Trying to assassinate Vol'jin and putting the echo isles under martial law. Using the Kor'kron as secret police against his own people. And we haven't even gotten to whatever he's doing under Org yet.
    I'm not saying Garrosh isn't a bastard, he is, a VERY VERY big one at that. I dunno, I just expect them to keep him and I remember seeing a picture of him corrupted by Sha. So who knows.