Thread: Next Warchief

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Next Warchief

Is there solid information out yet on who will be the next Warchief? The most prominent rumors I've heard have been for Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine Bloodhoof or Sylvannas. Does anyone have anything on the topic? Or who they'd like to see there?

Basic campfire is the most rated at this time.
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

LOR'THEMAR FOAR WARCHIEF @_@ yeah i saids it wanna fights about it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    Basic campfire is the most rated at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    LOR'THEMAR FOAR WARCHIEF @_@ yeah i saids it wanna fights about it
    Guys no I got it..... WARCHIEF GAMON

W00t! I'm coming back to the horde!!
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    too far O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there solid information out yet on who will be the next Warchief? The most prominent rumors I've heard have been for Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine Bloodhoof or Sylvannas. Does anyone have anything on the topic? Or who they'd like to see there?
    The only SOLID piece of info, is from a Twitter-question (which I can't find right now).

A player asked if Blizzard had chosen the new Warchief after Garrosh, and the clear answer was "YES!"...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I hope Garrosh gets redeemed from Sha infestation and gets put back into position of Overlord. I want to see his destiny fulfilled in taking revenge on demons for what they did to the Orcs as a whole. Garrosh being the key Mag'har Orc, he's supposed to be the answer of retribution against the Legion for the corruption of the Orcs. Thrall can come back as Warchief if he puts on the Doomhammer Plate and becomes a little more aggressive.

Vol'jin, I really hope he doesn't become Warchief. It just doesn't fit him. Also, he's not as cool a character as people make him out to be.
    If you want to go for the unlikely option, I'd rather see Baine lead. He's more the strong type that Orcs can look up to. Vol'jin is too sneaky and indirect to ever get support from the Orcs.

Besides, an Orc was Warchief is the only thing that makes sense to me. The game is at the core Orcs vs Humans after all.
    That's why Varian becomes High King of the Alliance. So it doesn't make sense to step away from that concept with the Horde. If they wanted to step away, they would've done so with the Alliance first. Let Malfurion become High Leader of the Alliance or something. But they chose not to. So I doubt they'll step away from the Orc leader with the Horde as well.

So yeah, I'm guessing Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no solid information that there'll even be a Warchief after Garrosh. We might have a vacant throne after this for all we know. I personally would like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I hope Garrosh gets redeemed from Sha infestation and gets put back into position of Overlord. I want to see his destiny fulfilled in taking revenge on demons for what they did to the Orcs as a whole. Garrosh being the key Mag'har Orc, he's supposed to be the answer of retribution against the Legion for the corruption of the Orcs. Thrall can come back as Warchief if he puts on the Doomhammer Plate and becomes a little more aggressive.

Vol'jin, I really hope he doesn't become Warchief. It just doesn't fit him. Also, he's not as cool a character as people make him out to be.
    If you want to go for the unlikely option, I'd rather see Baine lead. He's more the strong type that Orcs can look up to. Vol'jin is too sneaky and indirect to ever get support from the Orcs.

Besides, an Orc was Warchief is the only thing that makes sense to me. The game is at the core Orcs vs Humans after all.
    That's why Varian becomes High King of the Alliance. So it doesn't make sense to step away from that concept with the Horde. If they wanted to step away, they would've done so with the Alliance first. Let Malfurion become High Leader of the Alliance or something. But they chose not to. So I doubt they'll step away from the Orc leader with the Horde as well.

So yeah, I'm guessing Thrall.
    I like this analysis. I love Thrall but I think we need a more aggressive Warchief right now, and theres really no other orcs that fit the bill in my mind. Saurfang could have at one time, but this isn't vanilla anymore, I don't feel like he could be anything more than second best now. Baine is a good choice, but I haven't seen Blizzard use him lately as much as they have used Sylvannas, Vol'jin and Lor'Themar in cata and mop (I know I haven't played everywhere since cata, so maybe I've missed some).

Does anyone else think that there might be a dissolution of the Warchief position into something else entirely? Given the chance, the leaders of every other race (Sylvanas, Kael'Thas, Vol'jin, etc.) would throw a coup d'etat against Garrosh or at the very least find a way to dethrone him from his current role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar actually said during the dominance offensive quests that "it may come to that" when one of his men said you would make a good warchief
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    i want Lor'themar to be warchief aswell he will prob move to org to keep it capital but i am curious who would be the orc leader? they could do without a faction leader but be a little weird
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i want Lor'themar to be warchief aswell he will prob move to org to keep it capital but i am curious who would be the orc leader? they could do without a faction leader but be a little weird
    Orcs need a leader. Imagine the mayhem they'd cause without any control of their own kind. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar! He'll bring the Ogres with him to the Horde.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rexxar
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-02-11 at 01:58 AM.

Saurfang. He's respected by all the races of the Horde and has clearly stated reasoning of being Horde first, but not War first. He's also a legendary war hero and straight up bad ass.

Deleted
    Rexxar has it all, he is THE champion of the horde, he is bigger than Garrosh. Together with his uber bear buddy Misha, he's someone nobody wants to mess with lightly.

He has no enemies within the horde and no race would feel too offended if he became warchief as he wouldn't represent a particular race so politically Rexxar would be the easiest to get away with.

He got along with Jaina pretty well, so he has that Thrall thingy that he's someone Alliance can actually talk to.

He is best friends with Chen Stormstout so he could better listen to the Pandaren about how not to bring forth the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this analysis. I love Thrall but I think we need a more aggressive Warchief right now, and theres really no other orcs that fit the bill in my mind. Saurfang could have at one time, but this isn't vanilla anymore, I don't feel like he could be anything more than second best now. Baine is a good choice, but I haven't seen Blizzard use him lately as much as they have used Sylvannas, Vol'jin and Lor'Themar in cata and mop (I know I haven't played everywhere since cata, so maybe I've missed some).
    This kind of analogy really speaks volumes when showing how little the playerbase manages to follow the story in what its set in right now.

Saying 'We need an aggressive warchief!', Yeah, well we had that. We've had that all though cataclysm and though mists too, we've had the most overly agressive bastard that walks leading the horde, and the result is leading to the horde breaking apart from the inside.

The lesson is that you don't need an aggressive warchief, because its a fact aggressive warchief's lead to nothing but trouble, ones that war nothing but to perpetuate war, and the results are always the same.

Pay. Attention. To. The. Story. The devs are flat out telling you the consequences of war and hatred and senseless violence. They made a freakin villian that grows and becomes stronger from this mentality, so why the hell are you insisting that the solution to this is to have yet another character doing the same mistake Garrosh has done. It leads to nothing but ruin.

What the horde needs, is a leader who is able to work towards peace for his people, one that still agree to peace when it is offered, but who will not take any shit the alliance dishes out at the horde either. Thrall has no faults in this, infact he was the best set example of what a leader should be doing, fighting when he knew it was right, and working for peace when he knew it was the best solution.
    The only issue with Thralls leadership didn't come from what he wanted. It formed from the slack jawed playerbase who didn't understand this kind of morality and derped about 'durrrr thems need be more waaarrrrr in warcraft!'.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-11 at 02:10 AM.

some half human half dragon hybrid mary sue for next warchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I hope Garrosh gets redeemed from Sha infestation and gets put back into position of Overlord.
    You can't redeemed Garrosh from what he has done BEFORE Pandaria.