Abridging TV shows became a big hit when a guy who went by the name of LittleKuriboh got bored and did an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh. Now, everybody seems to be doing it. So, what's your favorites? What's awesome about them?
1. Yu-gi-oh: But of course! My first experience with it was the parody video Without Yugi. So here I am, wondering why this guy is ripping on all these other people who I assumed were other Youtube celebrities. So, I thought this guy was a giant dick. Then, eventually, I realized they were just TeamFourStar members, and he wasn't just messing around (I assume). I've seen panels of his, and really he's just an awesome guy. Martin actually does a lot more than the regular show though:
A. Yu-gi-oh: It's really odd that a show about card games can be so much better when you take out the card games. Also, it gets better as it goes along, which is not what usually happens. The last few episodes have been the best done so far. Granted, all of season 1 is hard to listen to after seeing season 2 and 3, because the voices are so...I don't know, it sounds like they're all depressed or something. I challenge anyone to a children's card game to determine the best abridged series.
B. Naruto Spoof: I haven't seen the real show, so it's hard getting into abridged series where I haven't seen the regular version. But, LittleKuriboh brings his usual humor and it makes it a little easier. Also, his Spoof Movie No Jutsu is awesome
C. Marik Plays Bloodlines: I'm not really into Let's Plays, or any other type of "watch people play video games". But, somehow, Marik commentating this game makes it more watchable than anything else. If you're a fan of the series, Marik (and occasional quips by Bakura) will have you rolling. Hehheh...Foxy Boxes.
2. Dragon Ball Z Abridged (in convenient single video for season 1, complete with side jokes): Again, of course. Really, I can't watch the real show anymore. It's just too long. I'd rather watch the abridged series, and get some laughs in at the same time. So far, the show has done a really good job of having that one character that just makes it. It was Nappa before he died, and then it was Frieza. I'm a little worried now that the Android Saga is about to begin, which character takes their place. I also wonder how long Nail will remain and bother Piccolo.
3. Pokemon 'Bridged: Not so much into this, but it's got good laughs. Pikachu is hilarious. The main problem I have with this series is they jumped ahead after a few episodes, and I have no idea why. Plus, all of Nowacking's voices sound the same. The last episode was good though. I couldn't stop giggling at "fuck the sky!....it knows what it did"
4. Friendship is Witchcraft (don't ask me why episode one has been blocked): This show works a little differently. Because it's a more "splice of life" show than the other story-driven series, the creators jump around a lot and use (seemingly) random episodes. But, it works out ok. The jokes are interesting because all the dialogue stays in-universe. The other abridged series tend to put in a lot of pop culture references and whatnot, but FiW stays pretty true to the universe it's in. You have to give Jenny credit, she voices all the main characters and is able to make them all sound pretty close to the originals. Except Pinkie Pie, but it's ok, because I love her voice. Speaking of, Griffin also does well making the songs for the show. Even if you're not a fan of either show, you gotta appreciate Pinkie's Brew and At the Convention, which is a full parody.
5. Yu-gi-oh GX Abridged: Again, I haven't seen the original series. And I haven't seen much of this either. But Shadyvox is awesome. Whether it be all his awesome covers and parodies (also featuring the previously mentioned Nowacking), or his role in Bond Beyond Time Abridged, Shady always seemed to be entertaining. But, I just can't seem to get myself into his series.
6. Abridgimon: Ok, so it was only one episode, but I really want them to do more. Shadyvox and xthedarkone, TeamFourStar, and even LittleKuriboh all together to do it. Supposedly, it was a one-time thing, but I remember hearing something somewhere that it was a "when we have time, we might" kind of thing. Do you have a stat screen?