Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    You with the link there hit 2200 past season not this one - remember MMR Reset.

I love my Ret, It's my main since ever. But the game is not balanced to make Ret competitive. There's a lot of topics showing why and what needs to be done to fix Ret and blizz keeps ignoring them. AT LEAST should have a explanation. It's not OK as it, there's logic supporting it and we deserve a reworking. They did Rogues and Monks, there's no reason not to do Rets other than they don't care.
    Don't ask for rbg rating as proof period. The amount of win trading and rating inflation this season is too high. I have seen rets with over 2200 in rbgs this season, I also know for a fact they used the win trade exploit to do so.

In Cata every Ret heard: just go Holy, Ret brings nothing to RBG and only ultra hardcore players can do something with this spec. Go Holy.
    On that note though, holy paladins were told to go ret for arena in cata. Resto shaman and disc priests were better in pretty much all viable comps.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-24 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    What else is new? I've given up on Ret PvP long ago, so have most people.
    It was fine in 3.0.2 why cant they just revert Rets to they way they were at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    It was fine in 3.0.2 why cant they just revert Rets to they way they were at that time?
    Because that would be admitting Holy Power was a failure, among other things; which it isn't, but giving every Paladin spell a CD and limiting all of our burst to CDs was a pretty awful decision all round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Crawler has stated that they're concerned about people leaving the game for certain reasons, but one of them isn't if their spec is doing poorly. You still playing Ret? You log in the forums and continue to play the game. Go to your Battle.net account and stop your automatic subscription for WoW. You'll get a choice about why you want to cancel it. Specify that Ret Paladins are bad. Then watch as suddenly Ret Paladins get buffs.

Money talks, so speak with yours. Also, here's a long video series about Paladins and Blizzard. I mean it's really really long, but it goes on about what the class has gone through. More on Ret+Prot then Holy, cause Holy has never been a bad spec. It's the only spec that ever works for Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed the bad Rets are the ones complaining. On my server, every time I duel a ret (on my DK) they go full-on ranged class and kite me all through durotar.

Those of you saying rets are under powered, just need to adapt. Ret is a ranged class now.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I noticed the bad Rets are the ones complaining. On my server, every time I duel a ret (on my DK) they go full-on ranged class and kite me all through durotar.

Those of you saying rets are under powered, just need to adapt. Ret is a ranged class now.

How exactly do you get kited as a DK?

If you're being kited by a Paladin then I think it's more a case of a bad 'you' and less about good rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duels are not PVP.

As I said: Ret is a 30 secs god then a 270 secs dead meat trowing Sacrifices and Protections. No survivability, no sustained DPS, not even CC for utility/peels. 30 SECS OP, 270 secs good for nothing.

Take bubble away, nerf Avenging Wrath, give a 2 min CD like Dispersion (much better than bubble anyway), 10 secs CD 100% buffed WoG and sustained pair with Warriors and Ret is AT LEAST BAD for the lack of CC. Give instant Rep and 1 min blind and Ret is on the game. This WON'T make it OP, they're doing MUCH MORE OP STUFF for other specs - this is just negligence.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I find that many players are quick to blame the developer, or lag, or Ghostcrawler for their own lack of knowledge or skill. Ret Paladins are fine and Blizzard has never suggested (seriously) anything that the OP seems to have convinced himself of.
    Are you serious? 90% + of the posters over the last few months have agreed Ret in MoP is a complete failure. And don't say we always complain, if you watch these forums carefully, you can clearly see the level of bitching go up and down when the spec is in good or bad shape. MoP sent us back to practically Burning Crusade levels of uselessness. Ret brings nothing special in terms of utility, is utterly rejected in RBGs, can reach 2200 in any bracket only when played by gladiators with years of PvP experience... overall you're probably not even going to read this since you're obviously some post-and-run smart-ass who has no clue what the state of Ret is currently. Just scan most of the posts from the last few weeks, if you're interested in a serious conversation about Ret.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 07:17 PM ----------

Duels... ranged class... got it...

Seriously what are all these people even doing on the Paladin forums, when they clearly don't play one seriously? Do they come here because new posts show up on the front page of MMO for a few seconds?
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-01-24 at 08:39 PM.

Rogue have not been reworked. You must have confused them with Warlock's.

And blizzard is still acknowledging that not enough players are inspired to play Rogues... any spec's.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post

And blizzard is still acknowledging that not enough players are inspired to play Rogues... any spec's.
    Rogues became unpopular because they were not over-powered and because they were reworked for MoP to become incredibly boring. However, they were not technically bad they were just not OP and not fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix: Remove inquisition. Buff Ret Paladin holy damage across board. OR Rework inquisition: Cost: 3 (only 3, like TV) Holy power. Increases damage done by 50% for 5 minutes. 5 minute cooldown
    Rework WoG: No longer costs Holy Power. Costs 12% mana. 5 second cooldown.

Sounds a bit ridiculous to straight up buff holy damage in general across the board doesn't it? Well the truth is, why should Ret paladins be required to keep up a buff that puts them on equal grounds as any other melee class without buffs? Paladins shouldn't have to waste time and resources just to stay on par.

The main problem is upkeeping this buff. No class should struggle to stay on par with other classes. Damage output should be relatively same across all melee and should all have their own toolkits to increase their damage, which is the problem, they all do. But, some other classes have high damage even without buffs or cds, long or short.
    Call me House.

I have a hard time evaluating PvP, but maybe it's because I'm casual and everything seems either broken or just plain silly.

I mean right now playing balance druids involves some odd jumping around while spamming play style and frost mages are the "I can't play for shit but im a frost mage so it dont matter".

Warlocks have "cast Chaos Bolt and hope noone attacks me in the meantime" thing going on.

Rets have an "attack for 20 secs, then hide cowardly for 2 mins" thing.

Heck guys. There's a simpler fix to this than all that tweaking. Just give rets stealth, so we can be the plate-rogues we're apparently meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post

maybe coz they saw some videos that a warrior can burst down his opponent in 1.5 sec .... ( earlier MOP )
    what i mean many facerollers just rerolled to warriors and Hunters and mages , so what the heck lets buff Rogues in 5.2
    Oh Monk is still poor in PVP , let also buff Them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    No, that is not a option. Ret is melee dps spec, Holy is a healing spec. To change from Ret to holy is changing your entire play style. No one should be forced to play something like don't like because Blizzard is too lazy to care.
    I dont know what to say, ive always been Enha, and a few times ele in PvP. When i do Arena, i always end up being Resto
    No im not forced to. But, if i dont wanna waste my time in Arena. Resto is the way to go. Like u being Holy. But a Ret. pala with a Feral druid can be serious aswell

The majority for Ret threads shows that this spec need a REAL fix , but Also its affecting the playstile for Ret in Realms , many known PVP guilds removed Ret spec from their Teams , and this just got spread from Realm to another Realm that Ret pala aint welcomed in high RBgs or high Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    I dont know what to say, ive always been Enha, and a few times ele in PvP. When i do Arena, i always end up being Resto
    No im not forced to. But, if i dont wanna waste my time in Arena. Resto is the way to go. Like u being Holy. But a Ret. pala with a Feral druid can be serious aswell
    Like you just said, if you don't want to waste your time in Arena you have to go Resto. That is being forced to changed your spec and play style because Blizzard doesn't care to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Like you just said, if you don't want to waste your time in Arena you have to go Resto. That is being forced to changed your spec and play style because Blizzard doesn't care to fix it.
    Yeah, melee dps to healer is such a huge change that you might as well just reroll, there's really nothing similar about the two play styles. It's easier to go from Ret to Arms then Ret to Holy. Having a broken melee spec because our healing spec is good is a terrible excuse.

i saw the PTR 5.2 changes and Sword of light gave a little come back to Ret pali , 70k Flash heal , 220 crit on a friendly target , thats was before the last update
    but Also seems bursting is low for all classes , and u wont take this huge dmg , seems more then dots

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The evidence and feedback is all in Blizzard's lap. The fact that there hasn't been any major buffs to Ret either proposed for 5.2 is making me lose hope. Especially in a time with such connection to the community, I am surprised they haven't said anything since the FoL buff. We don't need FoL buff, it just makes Selfless Healer necessary.
    Also, don't forget battle fatigue when talking about how strong Flash of Light is.