Playing Skyrim on two different computers?

I just started playing Skyrim and noticed that it required a Steam account. Now my knowledge of computers and IT in general is elementary at best, but since it requires Steam to play does that mean I can play the game on two separate computers and I would be able to continue with the same character progress? Is game progress actually stored on Steam servers? I ask because I mostly play from my desktop, but occasionally have to travel and would like to continue to play the same character from my laptop. Is there any way to do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your saves are stored on your computer, so... No. You could copy your save every time you save and take it with you wherever you go, but that's not really practical.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Deleted
    You can just use dropbox and the 'mklink' command on windows, which can create a link between two folders, making programs see the content from both folders regardles of which folder it is looking at.

Search for "Dropbox wow adddons" on google if you want a guide on how to do it for addons (should be very similar for saved games for Skyrim).

Skyrim saves to
    Code:
    C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
    Last edited by mmocdebfb82894; 2013-01-24 at 01:05 PM.

Yes you can. With Steam Cloud you can store your saves on a main server, and when you log your Steam account on another computer, it synchronizes your saves from that server and you can continue playing on your last save. Or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be careful when using Steam Cloud though, i've had a few saves get corrupted if for what ever reason you loose network connection...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurias View Post
    Yes you can. With Steam Cloud you can store your saves on a main server, and when you log your Steam account on another computer, it synchronizes your saves from that server and you can continue playing on your last save. Or something like that.
    Exactly.
    I run two computers in my house, one for me and the other for the family. Somtimes I'll play games on the second one and the games I have that Steam Cloud supports will load up from where I left off on the other computer. (Including Skyrim)
    A bit off topic and unrelated to two computers, but the only game I have had problems in the past with Steam Cloud and saved game data has been Saints Row: The Third. It somtimes saves and sometimes doesn't without any warning. The most annoying part about SR3 is that I can't get it to save on my computer, but only to the Steam cloud..