10+ Year Old Account

Buying my own cable modem

I am tired of paying Comcast $7 a month for their crappy modem so I decided to just buy my own good one.

I just bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16825122015

A few hours after I purchased it, this became available on the site.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16825390001

Should I cancel my order and get the better one? What is the difference I can't really understand all the specs. I notice the more expensive one has 48MHz bandwidth and the other one has 24MHz.

10+ Year Old Account
    What speed is your current cable service?

10+ Year Old Account
    max is 35Mb/s down and about 4 up.

What is the max for each? The router I will be using it with is the Asus RT-N16

10+ Year Old Account
    Information is a bit skimpy, but it looks like they're both DOCSIS 3.0 modems, so you ought to get your max speed. I'm not a pro when it comes to cable modems, so I dont know if the mhz difference between the two will change anything. I'm under the impression that more than 24mhz is not needed for anything below like 120Mb/s... but I could be derping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Hmm, I wonder what speed my internet will be like in 2-3 years. I got the 3 year extended warranty on it which makes it about the same price as the better one. I wonder what I should do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the same? If you live in the US (Assuming from Comcast), you'll probably still be on 35Mb by then. Possibly upgraded to 50-60. Maybe. the US is pretty shit for internet speeds right now. I'm paying $55 a month for 20Mbit from Cox. Like hell I'm going to pay more than that when the rest of the world is paying half that for 80+Mbit.