Character Copy for the next PTS

Looks like there will finally be a real character copy for the next PTR.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    As many of you may notice when you log into your account page on swtor.com, there is a new section for “PTS Character Copy”. We’ll be opening up Public Test Server for play testing soon and this link is open in preparation for this. For now, although it will appear to perform all of the actions required to copy a character, the system will not be functional until the Public Test Server is opened. That is, you cannot copy your characters onto PTS until PTS is opened up. Thanks!

(Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    About time if you ask me =p

Deleted
    I've spent about 50hrs or so on the PTS and finally i'll be able to copy my main 50 (full dreadguard) to help test things out.

It only took them 13 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Ditto, about damn time. I may actually try to get in and test stuff now.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Is this for real? I stopped believing when they took the personal out again.

Should definitly be a CM option.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great. Now certain guilds won't be given any favoritism to test content when many others are completely capable, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Should definitly be a CM option.
    Do you mean it should be a cartel market option? If so, I think anyone can do it regardless if they have a sub or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This is great. Now certain guilds won't be given any favoritism to test content when many others are completely capable, if not more.
    Yes, more people testing is generally always better since different people approach things differently and will probably find different issues. Would be nice if they could find a way to get people to test PvP content as well. That is always an issue on any PTR.

Deleted
    Awsome, i really wanna check that, long time didnt player swtor

Oh I should update this... it turns out they decided to not out Patch 1.7 on the PTS, so there won't be character copy for that. But, it should be available for whenever the next thing is put on the PTS, which should be "soon".

10+ Year Old Account
    id love a premade thing like on WoW so i can try each advanced class without having to make a char of each and do the same zones over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    id love a premade thing like on WoW so i can try each advanced class without having to make a char of each and do the same zones over and over...
    The test server is to test the patches not so you can try different classes.

The test server is to test the patches not so you can try different classes.
    Sometimes trying different classes is an excellent way to test patches. If they would let us.

Still experimenting...

Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    Sometimes trying different classes is an excellent way to test patches. If they would let us.
    If your learning how to play a class you cant be testing the things they need tested. If you dont know how to play a tank for example but you roll one on the PTS then how is that going to help anyone test the game?

If you want to be on the test server then use it to test what the patch so they can fix any problems with it before it goes live. To use it just so you can play a character without leveling him up is stupid. Your wasting other players time and what should be important time on the test server just for your own enjoyment.

Also trying differnt classes is not a excellent way to test patches. You should know about something before you try and test it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your learning how to play a class you cant be testing the things they need tested. If you dont know how to play a tank for example but you roll one on the PTS then how is that going to help anyone test the game?

If you want to be on the test server then use it to test what the patch so they can fix any problems with it before it goes live. To use it just so you can play a character without leveling him up is stupid. Your wasting other players time and what should be important time on the test server just for your own enjoyment.

Also trying differnt classes is not a excellent way to test patches. You should know about something before you try and test it.
    I used to do it all the time in WoW. Its a great way to get a feel for classes at high level without investing the time to actually level one. It's not stupid at all, its actually a pretty smart thing to do. Time is money, time is money. And him trying another class is hardly wasting other peoples time but his own.

Actually sometimes rolling a new class to test can enable you to find issues they (and people who play the class regularly) might not because you aren't locking into a mentality of how things are done and are more likely to try different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Actually sometimes rolling a new class to test can enable you to find issues they (and people who play the class regularly) might not because you aren't locking into a mentality of how things are done and are more likely to try different things.
    Besides. It's not like there's some huge learning curve with playing a new class. And it's not like you won't be able to test out Ops or WZs or FPs and see if there are bugs or any other issues. We're talking about the PTS, not live. Definitively knowing your class isn't a prerequisite for finding issues. If it was, there would be no such thing as a closed beta.

Not being able to create a max lvl toon on the pts with whatever item you want to equip is a real lackluster while it "seems" to be so easy, even SWG had blue frogs and that game is so bloody old... . It's a pity. That you actually have to leve/ get all your equip again for the longest period of the pts existense has always been bothering me and was one of the main reason not to login/ download again that hugh data package. How hard can it be to just make all equipment costs 1 credit and preset character level to 50. Big Deal...