Battle-Tag friend invite in WoW simply refuses to work?

I am having trouble using the "add friend - battle tag" option, when you click on a person's portrait from another server (usually in LFG/LFR/BGs).

The actual battle-tag-friend-request never actually gets sent or it never reaches the other fella, so i always gotta use the Real-ID thing.

Can anyone please tell me how the hell do you add someone as your Battle Tag friend, since i have not been able to make it work for months...

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 04:09 PM ----------

Anyone?....
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

I've run into this issue before. It could be that these people haven't set up their BattleTags yet. I'm not 100% certain if that's your problem, but it did explain the few times I encountered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I've run into this issue before. It could be that these people haven't set up their BattleTags yet. I'm not 100% certain if that's your problem, but it did explain the few times I encountered it.
    That is probably it i guess, thanks for replying
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.