Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why arent there PvP gear requirements for BGs?

OK if they have ilvl requirements for Raids and Heroics why the hell dont they have pvp gear requirements for BGs? So sick of doing randoms and 75% of my team is in leveling blues and greens. Then when a Horde class obliterates me I look a few of them up and they are all full 2/2 Malev. Why arent their gear requirements for BGs? Its been like this every single expansion. You enter BGs and sweet my whole team in PvE gear. Then you see the horde. Awesome they are all in full tier 2 PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    OK if they have ilvl requirements for Raids and Heroics why the hell dont they have pvp gear requirements for BGs? So sick of doing randoms and 75% of my team is in leveling blues and greens. Then when a Horde class obliterates me I look a few of them up and they are all full 2/2 Malev. Why arent their gear requirements for BGs? Its been like this every single expansion. You enter BGs and sweet my whole team in PvE gear. Then you see the horde. Awesome they are all in full tier 2 PvP gear.
    Because Random BG's are the first instanced place you can go to recieve PvP gear. BG's aren't the equivalent of raids or dungeons, they are better compared to quest content. If they introduced a required iLvL for BG's (in a vacuum) you'd likely have to purchase multiple pieces of crafted PvP gear. IMO, purchasing expensive gear only to have it replaced by a week of farming BG's is quite onerous, and frankly depressing. As it stands, being forced to rely on a crafting profession ONLY in order to solely enter random BG's is quite the buzzkill for anyone looking to enter into the realm of PvP. Considering Blizzard wants to increase accessibility to PvP and PvE content, I'd say such a change is contrary to their design goals for content.

The day Blizzard offers a choice of green PvP gear from quest rewards (think iLvL 429 or so) from leveling zones like the Dread Wastes is the day you can lobby for a minimum iLvL/Resil/Power requirements. Even then, however, I'd be skeptical of the necessity of introducing a minimum iLvL for PvP content at any level.

Also, I highly recommend finding other players with a similar mindset as yours to run random BG's with. Spam trade channels and form 5-man groups & add the good players you meet to your friends list so you can call on them whenever you fee like BG'ing. That way, worst case scenario, you'll at least have 5 competent players on your team you can rely on.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-24 at 06:10 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

We had crafted PvP gear last expansion is there none this expansion? I capped my honor and my JPs before I hit 90 so was able to buy at least some pieces to help me out when I first started. Dont see why no one else can figure out how to do that as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like the above said, there are no requirements; only "suggested" gear (crafted pvp gear). That crafted gear is there only to suggest that you wear it so you don't drop nearly as hard as a brick but in no way are you required to have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    We had crafted PvP gear last expansion is there none this expansion?
    we do, but unlike in cata, currently there are no rings/necks made by JCer's and no capes made by LWer's. But the database for patch 5.2 (or next season) suggests that it may change as I am seeing crafted rings/necks/cloaks and upgraded crafted gear.

I love how this double standard in thinking goes and has been around forever.

PVE person enters BG in full PVE gear. Gets detroyed, doesnt help the team, doesnt know what they are doing. Their excuse is always "Well how am I supposed to get PvP gear then?" Ok, so how about I group up for a dungeon, heroic or raid with my full PvP set..and my excuse can be "How else am I supposed to get PvE gear?"

Seems PvE people think its acceptable for them to enter PvP with no gear, but have a PvP person join their PvE run with PvP gear and watch out! Kick'em! He has PvP gear..it's BS

Easy answer to those in PvE gear wanting to run PvP...before to go into a BG at the very least go buy the crafted pieces from the AH, at least you'll have something to start out with. People who don't do this are just plain lazy.

Because in PvE you can quest to at least get the bare minimum to enter normal dungeons then using normal dungeons to gear for heroic dungeons, so on and so forth, up to LFR.
    --
    In PvP, you have to enter a BG to get the honor to get starter PvP gear and after that is conquest points.
    --
    now I know people can just farm dungeons for justice then convert to honor but that method takes 5x's longer than just running a few random BG's, the game is tailored for convenience, plus random BG's aren't that important.

Again, you can stroll over to the AH and buy a full set of crafted entry level PvP gear for cheap, most servers under 500 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random BG's = Quest content
    War Games = Scenarios/Normal Dungeons/LFR
    Arenas = Heroic Dungeons/10 Man Raids
    RBG's = Heroic Dungeons/25 Man Raids

Guys, stop acting like Random BG's are equivalent to PvE group content where coordination and structure is necessary, because that's just not the case.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Queue times would increase to around 30 minutes with gear checks.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a role check than a gear req.

Nothing worse than joining a BG and seeing the other team has 4 healers and you have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeperxi View Post
    Again, you can stroll over to the AH and buy a full set of crafted entry level PvP gear for cheap, most servers under 500 gold.
    Where? Most PvPer's dont play WoW to grind gold, they do it to enjoy combat - Players aren't going to farm gold to get gear that makes a marginal difference. Having said that, I've never found pvp gear that cheap. Ever. Nowhere near. Crafted PvP gear is shit and will not make a jack bit of difference against another player with equal skill and better gear; So why the hell would someone who despises making gold (I've seen set pieces go for 5k each, no joke), go and farm that much gold for such a small difference?

Guys, stop acting like Random BG's are equivalent to PvE group content where coordination and structure is necessary, because that's just not the case.

So you are saying the gear one can get from running random BG's and Honor is = to quest level greens??? lol...the gear equivalent is a bit higher maybe you should log in and check to educate yourself a little.

On my server, pvp gear seems to be 200+ gold per piece. Now, doing dailies means you can get that in a relatively short time, but even folks who purchase the crafted gear that they can afford will still queue up to start working the pvp currency up (I'm one of them). Yeah, it sucks being squishier than others, but like a previous poster said, there's no starter pvp gear, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't read boards and/or realize there is crafted gear available. SWTOR doesn't have much to recommend it these days, but you do get a starter set of pvp gear when you reach level cap via a quest you can pick up and you still have people who don't do anything outside of the game (or in it) to learn and don't realize it's there for the taking (or buying cheap if you somehow mess up the instantly turn-in-able quest).

Basically, when you think about pvp you have to remember that players are the content. Limiting the ability for people to play limits the content you get and will limit the speed at which you can gear up.

What an arrogant stance to take. BGs are where people actually GET their PvP gear. If that crafted crap (which is already too expensive for many to bother with) was required to even do BGs, the already high prices of them would skyrocket, and participation would drop. I agree with whoever said earlier, BGs do need a role check to make things a little more balanced between teams, but not a gear requirement.

I think they should just have 2 random BG ques. One for low geared players and the other for full honor/conquest geared players. They would need to put a minimum gear requirement to enter the honor/conquest. They would also need to scale down over geared players who queue for the low geared bracket (ex. full malev player enters low geared bg and their gear gets scaled down to honor gear). PvE geared players would have to join the low geared BG and their gear would also be scaled down.

The low geared BG could award extra honor, making the honor grind on alts more manageable. 350 bonus honor for the first win, 250 for every win after. They could also reward 100-150 bonus honor for loses.
    For the geared BG they could just reward conquest ~100 per win. Maybe put in some Achievements/vanity items for 100, 250, 500, etc wins.

BG´s are a complete mindless Grind in which function they equal 5man normals oder endgame quests, they offer the lowest reasonable level of PvP gear one can achiev. Adding an entry requierment would be as absurd as forcing players to gear up with quests before normal 5´s zero use big time waste.

Unless you have a toon on every server you don't know the prices of the crafted PvP gear in that particular servers AH. personally, why spend around 3,000 gold for a set that you'll replace after 2 days of BG grinding?
    --
    on my server (Smolderthorn-US) crafted PvP items sell for about 280g per piece. NO WAY im paying that when i can cap my honor everyday and get full dreadful in 2-3 days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post

Sorry but no. Random BG's are the equivalent of Dungeons/LFR and not quest content. Putting in War Games just so you have something else to match it up against is ridiculous. Wargames are the most arsine thing ever to be introduced into WoW and hardly anybody ever does them.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What an arrogant stance to take. BGs are where people actually GET their PvP gear. If that crafted crap (which is already too expensive for many to bother with) was required to even do BGs, the already high prices of them would skyrocket, and participation would drop. I agree with whoever said earlier, BGs do need a role check to make things a little more balanced between teams, but not a gear requirement.
    Ilevel 450 crafted gear. 463 gear from dungeons, it's bad but far better then leveling greens. Tol Barad and Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Unless you have a toon on every server you don't know the prices of the crafted PvP gear in that particular servers AH. personally, why spend around 3,000 gold for a set that you'll replace after 2 days of BG grinding?
    --
    on my server (Smolderthorn-US) crafted PvP items sell for about 280g per piece. NO WAY im paying that when i can cap my honor everyday and get full dreadful in 2-3 days
    Or farm out the mats or buy them on AH. Its probably less than 500g for a full set of contender gear. Or use spirits on another toon to buy the mats. Not having at minimum a full contender set is just lazy imo. I mean you get like what 5k gold from just leveling 85-90 and you can't afford 500g to get a starter set, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    --
    Cap your honor in 1 day? Aint nobody got time fo that!

Really though, some people forget that others can't sit on here and play 8hrs in a row to cap honor.
    Most days my team is absolutely shit, and we lose 80% of the time. More often than not, I calculate how many losses it will take to cap, instead of how many wins.
    Playing casually, it usually takes me 1 week to get 4000 honor.

"omg fuckin casuals!11!"
    I do have the Bloodthirsty title, so I guess I'm not that casual, but probably moreso than people who cap in 1 day.