Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,873

    Trion to publish and operate ArcheAge

    Slightly off topic but seeing as it's a Trion announcement, thought i'd throw it in here

    Redwood Shores, CA (Jan. 24, 2013) – Leading online games company Trion Worlds and renowned South Korea-based game developer XLGAMES have entered into a strategic agreement for Trion to exclusively publish and operate ArcheAge® in the West. Created by Jake Song, best known for his hit game Lineage, the highly anticipated ArcheAge is poised to be the most polished massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) coming out of Asia. Trion will host the game on its Red Door platform in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand
    Full story >>> http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...e-in-the-west/

  2. #2
    I can't begin to describe how hyped and surprised I am. I honestly expected it to be published by one of the Korean import publishers and wasn't expecting it till 2014. Now Trion has it and is shooting for a 2013 release. Happy days.

    With this, they'll be releasing Warface, ArcheAge, Defiance, and Rift China this year, having Rift already out in the West and End of Nations coming...sometime.

    I'm quite hoping that they do something akin to SoE's Station Pass, because I'd definitely sign right up for one.

  3. #3
    Nice. Hopefully now we'll get a proper western translation for an eastern game

  4. #4
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,304
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    It's a sandbox and sandbox mmos seem to be far and few between. So yeah, hoping it will turn out well here

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Nice. Hopefully now we'll get a proper western translation for an eastern game
    You mean localization. Translations aren't an issue. Aion was translated well, but it wasn't localized beyond that so it didn't do well in the West.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    It's one of the most promising and ambitious games to come out in the past half decade. The only other game that you can compare it to as far as ambition/scope would be Vanguard. It's not getting articles in all the gaming news sites, as it's still currently a Korea only MMO that only recently came out, but it's been getting lots of attention across the MMO sites.

  7. #7
    I literally just came

    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  8. #8
    Omg, thats amazing news really. One of the bests to handle that game. It will be interesting to find out what they do about it =)
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  9. #9
    I for one, am very much looking forward to it
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

  10. #10
    Yeah this news is making a serious splash across the mmo sites, ESPECIALLY the sandbox ones. They might have hated Rift because it was a themepark, but there is respect for Trion as a dev.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  11. #11
    Awesome, as long as Trion does not try to 'westernize' it like people have done with all the other Korean MMO's that have been brought over to the west.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You mean localization. Translations aren't an issue. Aion was translated well, but it wasn't localized beyond that so it didn't do well in the West.
    .
    Yes, that was the term I was looking for (I knew that translation wasn't quite right).

  13. #13
    Make it happen soon, trion-people, well not too soon but you get what I mean =)
    This is actually the only mmo Im really looking forward to in the near future. Just checked out some vids and I can't wait. I like it that they have no child characters like those asians seems to enjoy adding in games, the catgirls are adorable the right way =)
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    I for one, am very much looking forward to it
    Elrar. Buddy. Friend. Pal. You need to tell whoever it is over there that you need a Station Pass-esque feature. I would purchase it in a heartbeat. It's going to get complicated with so many games being published (even though not all will have subscription options), and I just want to give you guys money.

    Ya dig?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    I for one, am very much looking forward to it
    Don't bite off more then you can chew, you secret panda lover

    >: D

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    The hype is strong with this one. Admittedly it does look pretty nice, but I'll keep a reservation on my expectations for a while.
    No game will ever kill wow. Though Blizard themselves are making a pretty damm good attempt lately.

    THE FIRST RULE OF BRAWLERS GUILD IS YOU DO NOT GET INVITED TO BRAWLERS GUILD.

  17. #17
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,010
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Elrar. Buddy. Friend. Pal. You need to tell whoever it is over there that you need a Station Pass-esque feature. I would purchase it in a heartbeat. It's going to get complicated with so many games being published (even though not all will have subscription options), and I just want to give you guys money.

    Ya dig?
    Agree. Though we are a smll minority, I'd rather pay $25 a month to access an entire catalog of Trion products kinda like netflix for video games. I'm sure some more diverse games will be coming out in the next 5 years from your company and I would love to be involved in that starting now.

    It would be a great branding opportunity for the company, that really sets it apart from services like battle.net...though I'm sure they are looking at similar things in the future.
    BAD WOLF

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I can't begin to describe how hyped and surprised I am. I honestly expected it to be published by one of the Korean import publishers and wasn't expecting it till 2014. Now Trion has it and is shooting for a 2013 release. Happy days.

    With this, they'll be releasing Warface, ArcheAge, Defiance, and Rift China this year, having Rift already out in the West and End of Nations coming...sometime.

    I'm quite hoping that they do something akin to SoE's Station Pass, because I'd definitely sign right up for one.
    I'm actually a little concerned if they are going to be releasing (see: all of these in development still) Warface, ArchAge and Defiance. We all know that games take tons of money to produce. We all know a fraction of games actually "make it" and without major money (EA with ToR for example) failed projects can almost certainly spell the end for small game studios, and if Trion was to fail, so does Rift. :-(

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm actually a little concerned if they are going to be releasing (see: all of these in development still) Warface, ArchAge and Defiance. We all know that games take tons of money to produce. We all know a fraction of games actually "make it" and without major money (EA with ToR for example) failed projects can almost certainly spell the end for small game studios, and if Trion was to fail, so does Rift. :-(
    Pretty sure Trion does not have a funding problem, they landed huge investors for Rift and it's not that long ago since they landed new investors for expanding Rift to Asia and do future projects.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm actually a little concerned if they are going to be releasing (see: all of these in development still) Warface, ArchAge and Defiance. We all know that games take tons of money to produce. We all know a fraction of games actually "make it" and without major money (EA with ToR for example) failed projects can almost certainly spell the end for small game studios, and if Trion was to fail, so does Rift. :-(
    They are using their platform to publish games, not produce them.
    No game will ever kill wow. Though Blizard themselves are making a pretty damm good attempt lately.

    THE FIRST RULE OF BRAWLERS GUILD IS YOU DO NOT GET INVITED TO BRAWLERS GUILD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •