Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I can't begin to describe how hyped and surprised I am. I honestly expected it to be published by one of the Korean import publishers and wasn't expecting it till 2014. Now Trion has it and is shooting for a 2013 release. Happy days.

With this, they'll be releasing Warface, ArcheAge, Defiance, and Rift China this year, having Rift already out in the West and End of Nations coming...sometime.

I'm quite hoping that they do something akin to SoE's Station Pass, because I'd definitely sign right up for one.
    This this this this this this this. Hasn't been a decent sandbox MMO since SWG (which I freaking loved, three accounts for two years), bar EVE Online which is kinda hard to identify with because you're flying various semi automated ships. I can't wait for this, and there could not be a better publisher. Oh em gee someone gief beta!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW! Friggin' awesome!

I looked that the Rift thread and saw 215 people viewing - I wondered what was up

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    I for one, am very much looking forward to it
    Dammit, I posted too late! Bribes will be offered for Alpha or Beta! PLEASE!

This could explain Hartsman's departure...RIFT will now be in B2P maintenance mode, ArchAge/Defiance will be their new babies.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    This could explain Hartsman's departure...RIFT will now be in B2P maintenance mode, ArchAge/Defiance will be their new babies.
    Erm...wut?

You do realize that companies can actively support multiple games at once...right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm...wut?

You do realize that companies can actively support multiple games at once...right?
    Vicious Lies! Don't you know that they're moving their entire development team off Rift to work on the titan of a game called "Archage"

He He.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-24 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Erm...wut?

Just like Blizzard abandoned WoW to work on Titan, D3 and SC2.

At least, according to some people...
    The game looks interesting, i'm looking forward to seeing some more extensive info like races/classes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Just like Blizzard abandoned WoW to work on Titan, D3 and SC2.

At least, according to some people...
    The game looks interesting, i'm looking forward to seeing some more extensive info like races/classes etc.
    There is already good info on races/classes at archeagesource.com or arche-age.info . (Elrar also hangs around on archeagesource, he is everywhere.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    (Elrar also hangs around on archeagesource, he is everywhere.)

And he gets paid for it. /Jelly

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:55 PM ----------

I've moved this from the RIFT sub-forums. While Trion is the developer of Rift this news isn't focused at RIFT.

I was actually just looking at Archeage the other day, but there isn't much information out in English yet, at least not the information I'm interested in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    You can find people streaming it on twitch every now and then. The game is GORGEOUS and pretty ambitious according to its site.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've never even heard of ArcheAge and they are touting it to be that good? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I was actually just looking at Archeage the other day, but there isn't much information out in English yet, at least not the information I'm interested in
    It is top in Asia and I am reading about it the last year now..

Review: http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-r...-online-review

Some other interesting articles

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-...entures-part-1

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-...entures-part-2

on side note, I am very happy Trion got it..I didn't liked rift but I respect Trion and the way they handled rift, it is a great company. So this year we have Archage and TESO plus Blade and Soul I hope nice
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2013-01-24 at 11:49 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Just one tip to the Trion people following this thread, dont waste good pvp in this game... the only thing you can do wrong with it.

I have reservations about this game. I'm going to wait and see how it does after launch.

Deleted
    This is wonderful news indeed. I didn't expect this coming, I was interested in ArcheAge because it has a lot of cool stuff but now to see one of my favourite companies get the publishing rights for the western market is big news

Something else I found and is awesome

A few features that set ArcheAge apart is the prison system, where players can be imprisoned for crimes they commit and will either serve their time or attempt an escape. In true sandbox fashion there are player owned houses, players can build upon lots which can be purchased. Additionally players can build castles of their own design.

The world features several continents in a seamless open world that can be crossed with no loading screens. Featuring a full naval system, players can sail between continents uninterrupted and may find themselves engaging in battle with other ships or sea monsters. Those who stray from the law can become pirates, although face being outlawed.
    A true sandbox MMO and is new and freshy! I really hope to be good...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    I was so happy when I saw this on massively earlier today. Holy shit, I expected some horrible company to publish ArcheAge, I dont think they could have picked a better company than Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    I for one, am very much looking forward to it
    Aren't you a little biased?

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Irondust View Post
    This is so exciting!
    I sort of had this experience last night in game. Well, not really. It was more like I snuck on board some pirate ship that was parked outside the Niuan newbie zone, and climbed to the top of a mast hoping they wouldn't see me. Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of sailing away and thinking "awesome, my newbie character's about to become a pirate!" they saw me and shot me down.

If you don't know what ArcheAge is be sure to check out their official site or one of the WIKI sites:

http://www.archeage.com/en#index
    http://www.aapedia.com
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)