Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Doesn't make sense because the architecture doesn't look like kara at all.
    The entire tower originally looked completely different. What we have now looks absolutely nothing like what it was at the start of vanilla WoW.

Medivh has quite a bit to do with The Burning Legion. So, since the next expansion is rumoured to be another Burning Legion one, maybe this will tie into it somehow?

The rumor is that the Karazhan Crypt wasn't released as an easily accessible area because it would put the rating for the game up from Teen. Not sure if it's true. Could just be a place a developer made in his spare time before WoW launched. It definitely has some potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they turn it into an instance its an awesome place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    If you google some karazhan crypts images, you'll see a lake full of dead people hung upside down on metal hooks underwater. Not really scary but hardly fun and games.
    And that is exactly why they can't use it. That specific thing would change the game's PEGI rating from 12 to 16 years. Blizzard don't want that.

I want Old Outlands to be used. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    And that is exactly why they can't use it. That specific thing would change the game's PEGI rating from 12 to 16 years. Blizzard don't want that.
    Seems strange to me, but I suppose it's possible.

There's plenty of torture and corpses in the game right now, and the area in Twilight Highlands with the red dragons all torn apart and mutilated, strung up on hooks and chains is pretty gruesome. I guess it's "not as bad" because they're not human?

One of my favorite remaining closed zone. The place could've been anything, a questing area, a dungeon, a raid. But hopefully it'll be a huge raid in the future, it would make sense for a Burning Legion expansion.

Isn't Medivh and his mother buried in that crypt?

I would love to see a Karazhan 5-man heroic implemented; the place definitely ranks up there near the top as far as favorite raiding memories go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, those crypts aren't right underneath Karazhan, which is where the stronghold Sargeras/Medivh used actually is, so we could still see that.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Isn't Medivh and his mother buried in that crypt?
    I don't know where they put Agwynn, but Medivh is still bopping around as of WC3. Not sure he ever ultimately faded away or whatever.

who know, the fact that blizz don't have removed them during cata overhaul of all the zones may hint that their destiny isn't already write in stone, much like all the emerald dream files that still inside the client.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I would love the crypts to be a raid or 5man dungeon and then lower kara to be added separately as a raid. mind = blown if that happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for reference this was the original Karazhan tower. It looked a lot more ominous then it does now. Although I didn't play in Vanilla, I agree this looks a lot cooler than the current one. Maybe one day they will update it and change it back. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read once that Karazhan was supposed to be a 40man raid back in vanilla.

-The portal from Atiesh hints at something that the developers scratched after a few months.

-I recently went back to Karazhan and some rooms indeed are way too big: The room after Curator/Netherspite room/Prince Malchezaar room are to big for a 10man raiding group.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nstanceMap.jpg

-> Keep in mind, that is something I thought. I am not sure if that really was the case ;-)

Deleted
    I am hoping they leave that area alone, I would cry if they ruined Kara.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Just for reference this was the original Karazhan tower. It looked a lot more ominous then it does now. Although I didn't play in Vanilla, I agree this looks a lot cooler than the current one. Maybe one day they will update it and change it back. Who knows.

Looks a lot like the creepy worgen-tower in Grizzly Hills! :O