Greatest System Feature Ever Idea: "See no spells but yours"

More than anything else I don't want to melt another computer. How about just giving us a button/switch in our system menu that turns off all other spell effects/cast/flashing epiletic light shows on the boss EXCEPT yours.

I loved 25 mans but the strain on my computer was too great to stay in a guild that was exclusive to them. Also as a tank/healer/dps its hard to explain what happened when your average graphics card has a heart attack 1 minute into the fight.

Maybe even an side feature to say except this character so you could only see healer effects (ex. Lightwell, Spirit Link Totem etc.)

An addon can't do this because it would mess with the Terms of Service but seriously if they really want to sell 25 mans to people they should give this a try.

Im not opposed to turning off player spell effects (Can already be done to some extent, but it effects all particles obviously), but turning off boss effects as well would seriously hurt on some fights.

Playing as melee it's a serious pain how 90% of your screen is the boss' ass and most of that is hidden behind some damn mage's flashy spell effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I'd love to try surviving on zorlock without seeing the discs

I'd blame the healers every time I died because they weren't healing me (at least, I couldn't see them healing me).

there is an option that highlights your spell effects as per comparison to others But i do think they should go a step further and put a fade mechanic on them, except for healing spells and boss stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I'd love to try surviving on zorlock without seeing the discs

I'd blame the healers every time I died because they weren't healing me (at least, I couldn't see them healing me).
    If you haven't blamed all of them separately before your death animation finishes, you don't belong in a raid :P

Honestly, I'd love this feature. Just a simple tickable box in the "Interface" or "Video" options that said "Hide other players' spell effects.". After all, you can still keep incoming healing numbers visible if you think your healers hate you :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Playing as melee it's a serious pain how 90% of your screen is the boss' ass and most of that is hidden behind some damn mage's flashy spell effect.
    The first time I saw the Halo effect from priests I thought a big nasty shadow damage AoE was being dropped on the ground targeted near them and tried to get away from it to avoid damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Right, being a mage main, that's going in my sig. lol.

OT: I'd love this idea. It'd enable me to play 25man. But... I kind of want a big checklist of what I do, and what I don't want to see. Just to choose what I can and can't see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be tricky, what with beneficially effects and all, but a gross of features that let you fully customize spell appearance isn't a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a good idea, though I imagine theres technical limitations that dont allow it, cant be sure. Also, its possible that it might look kinda boring overall.

The reason that I would like this, is because it can possibly help with frames perfomance in raids.

I could understand setting like this so people with low end computers could raid with good fps.
    But wanting setting like this so your computer isn't under heavy load is just pointless, unless you play on a laptop that has really bad cooling (which is something you shouldnt play anything at all with) your computer wont "melt".
    Graphics cards can handle years of gaming on max load without issues and it seems most people here prefer to play without vsync so setting like this wouldnt change anything computer strain wise.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    setting like this wouldnt change anything computer strain wise.
    I'm sure it might not matter to someone with an overclocked i5, but I'm absolutely positive not having to show every spell animation reduces CPU loads. You might not need it, but others do.

Deleted
    well maybe as a melee you could once again enjoy raiding ? the way it is now its just ... thats why i loved rogue, simple. no shiny bling bling animations.