Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Actually in my plan it would occur over the course of a whole expansions as opposed to just the beginning. I'll edit my main post to show that, but for the most part it would call for the pre-expansion event that normally occurs be the forsaken taking Naxxramas and parts of northrend and losing Lordaeron.

Patch 6.1 would introduce the new Horde capital in outland, but keep most of the beginning starting zones (slightly revamped to have them move toward either Mulgore or something similar.
    Are you saying that you would flip a switch partway through the expansion that would rip existing undead characters out of their Horde guilds and force what is currently one race inside one faction to mobilize into guilds of their own when many guilds on many servers struggle with attendance already?

Besides how badly that would go, what happens if your roll an undead after this switch has been flipped? Do they level all the way up as Horde and then get tossed into this third faction when they hit cap? That's crazy. And, before you say it, that's nothing like how Pandas work.

Again, you're shoving the square peg of your storyline ideas into the round hole of game design and it's just not working. Your logistics are way off here.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-01-25 at 12:44 AM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Actually in my plan it would occur over the course of a whole expansions as opposed to just the beginning. I'll edit my main post to show that, but for the most part it would call for the pre-expansion event that normally occurs be the forsaken taking Naxxramas and parts of northrend and losing Lordaeron.
    How would a new character of this third faction do anything? All quest hubs outside of northern Eastern Kingdoms would be hostile toward such a Scourge-like faction. And even the northern part of the continent has many anti-Scourge factions already in place.

It would require a massive revamp of the entire world just to fit in a more neutral faction, a hostile faction led by Sylvanas would need even more work.

Whoa whoa whoa... wow. Don't get so excited.

The forsaken would get a new place to level etc... beginning with deathknell still but moving west instead of east, and then sailing towards northrend to help in the battle there. In fact one way to help faciliate this is to have all new undead start at a certain level (65?).

The idea is to have the forsaken be the 3rd faction at the beginning of the expansion. The Horde wouldn't lose Ogrimmar until patch 6.1 and that patch deals with building a new base of operations in Outland.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    How would a new character of this third faction do anything? All quest hubs outside of northern Eastern Kingdoms would be hostile toward such a Scourge-like faction. And even the northern part of the continent has many anti-Scourge factions already in place.

It would require a massive revamp of the entire world just to fit in a more neutral faction, a hostile faction led by Sylvanas would need even more work.
    Obviously we need to revamp older areas and change things around, ala "cataclysm"
    Last edited by Anprionsa; 2013-01-25 at 12:56 AM.

Obviously we need to revamp older areas and change things around, ala "cataclysm"
    You'd need to to do more than Cataclysm. Every zone this hostile faction would set up in would need a huge amount of revamping for all three factions, all the way through level 90. A third faction would need to be put into place on every continent, and in every expansion area, in order for it to work. Which would require a large amount of retooling of content that was either just revamped or just released.

Because the Alliance, Horde, and various other factions aren't going to just sit there and do nothing while this faction goes all over the place.

I remain unconvinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    You'd need to to do more than Cataclysm. Every zone this hostile faction would set up in would need a huge amount of revamping for all three factions, all the way through level 90. A third faction would need to be put into place on every continent, and in every expansion area, in order for it to work. Which would require a large amount of retooling of content that was either just revamped or just released.

Because the Alliance, Horde, and various other factions aren't going to just sit there and do nothing while this faction goes all over the place.

I remain unconvinced.
    Very valid point, and one that I am trying to work on in creating this. If you have any good ideas let me know. If not, I have a few I'm kicking around, but just haven't had the right thing come up yet.

Deleted
    Night Elves and High Elves (I'm including Blood Elves here for ovbious reasons) have been splited for 10000 years, developing obvious different cultures, and now you make them both a subrace of a generic "Elf"? It'd work in a LOTR Universe, not in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Night Elves and High Elves (I'm including Blood Elves here for ovbious reasons) have been splited for 10000 years, developing obvious different cultures, and now you make them both a subrace of a generic "Elf"? It'd work in a LOTR Universe, not in Warcraft.
    They are under just a subrace, just like wowpedia has them. I just classified them as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Argus has anything to do with Alleria and Turalyon? I really hope they announce Argus was blown to cinders so people stop talking about it.
    Woot? Argus probably is the main base of operations of the Legion. Or at least one of the main bases. I don't get the "save argus" hype. After 25 millennia of rampant fel energies and exploitation through the legion, Argus will only be a scorched rock. A dead planetoid without any ecosystem to save.

Just look what a bit of fel energy for a couple of decades did to the shadowmoon valley if you don't believe me.

I would love to explore Naga lore further though.

The only problem is is... Why would N'Zoth help you? If anything he would WANT Sargeras to enter Azeroth so it will cause enough damage to free him, and then he will probably kill(or attempt) Sargeras along with the Burning Legion.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I like some of your ideas. I would love for the Forsaken to be come a 3rd faction and for Ogres to take there place. But I feel that we would have a better chanse at having the Naga as a 3rd faction and now that I think of it, I will go work on this idea some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Woot? Argus probably is the main base of operations of the Legion. Or at least one of the main bases. I don't get the "save argus" hype. After 25 millennia of rampant fel energies and exploitation through the legion, Argus will only be a scorched rock. A dead planetoid without any ecosystem to save.

Just look what a bit of fel energy for a couple of decades did to the shadowmoon valley if you don't believe me.

I would love to explore Naga lore further though.
    She is just mad because Elune is a Neeru *snickers* . But in all honesty there is a chance that they have blown the planet to peaces.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-25 at 02:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fascinating, this "There are no answers, only choices." contradicts your answer.
    What my signature bears, is a quote from Solaris, where an apparition of protagonist's deceased friend tries to explain to him the nature of Solaris (which is a metaphor to God and fate). It means that there is no such thing as unified, sound explanation of why things are the way they are. You just choose whether you accept it or not, and you choose how you live with it.

I choose not to support your idea. To elaborate, I just disagree with your vision of the Forsaken and all that Lich Queen shit. The way I see it, WoW would've been better with 4 factions (Horde=orcs+trolls, Forsaken=undead+BE, Alliance=humans+dwarves, and Sentinels=NE+worgen), and blurred faction borders, faction interaction (ability to go renegade or spy), and inter-faction grouping. But it's just my vision. Also, megalomaniacal stuff is never convincing, such characters always lose, that's an axiom.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-25 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    She is just mad because Elune is a Neeru *snickers* . But in all honesty there is a chance that they have blown the planet to peaces.
    No, I just get tired of hearing unfounded, often exaggerated rubbish such as the underlined, spouted off as fact. They are not suggestions, not possibilities, no, just someone with a big mouth declaring something like "Alleria and Turalyon went to Argus and they are gona come back to Azeroth and get everyone on board to "save" a planet that's been dead and gone for 25000 years after they retconned the Draenei into existence. And retcons are horrible story telling that shows not only a disconnect of the writers to their own story but a knowing and willing ignorance of it with no care to preserve continuity for the sake of the fans of it and the story's integrity.

1) we don't know where Alleria and Turalyon went
    2) their story effectively ended well before WoW started
    3) dev said they will be in the next expansion, but not even the slightest detail was given. They could be coming back alive, could be ghosts/spirits, could be alien mutated monsters altered by some unknown force from wherever they were, that are the end game raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hee, so many fan concepts, love it.

A 3rd faction might be a hard sell this late in the game, even if you strip out races from the other factions. Maybe if you made a whole bunch of races neutral...

I'm all for big sweeping changes to zones and cities though. Can't let people get too complacent.