Thread: LAst RAID ever

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,851
    If World of Warcraft is going to end, I would like to see a rather dramatic, yet awesome cliff-hanger.

    Perhaps we're battling the armies of Sargeras in the Pantheon, and we're losing badly! Titans are bestowing us with power, but it just isn't enough. Our job is to ensure the survival and escape of as many people, life-forms or whatever as possible, and weaken the army through attacks on their leaders, and other such mechanics.

    I'd like to then see the final encounter where we face the avatar of Sargeras, and he kills the Titans, and as the Pantheon is destroyed, we find that he is actually on his way to Azeroth, hence why his mere avatar is at the Pantheon....!
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-01-24 at 07:12 PM.

  2. #22
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    ZOMBIE DRAGONS!

    Yes.

    A thousand times yes.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    On topic: I think that the story is leading towards peace between Horde and Alliance after this expac, and the partnership will be required to down Sargeras. But, I wish there could be some fight btw Thrall and Varyann to actually claim a winner and end this shit forever.
    This is my thoughts, with the final xpac horde and ally will be at peace, and will be able to form groups cross faction.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I would like to see us battling, and losing against Sargeras. I think a victory over him is impossible, so I would quite like the final raid we ever experience to be about how we fail to defend, perhaps the Pantheon, and that Azeroth is now next!
    we are stronger than old gods. we can kill sargeras.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Libram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Delta Quadrant
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I would like to see us battling, and losing against Sargeras. I think a victory over him is impossible, so I would quite like the final raid we ever experience to be about how we fail to defend, perhaps the Pantheon, and that Azeroth is now next!
    I just posted a short story for the ending on the previous page about that.
    I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/UPn2yaqWD9g


  6. #26
    High Overlord Tazienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hibernation Cave
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Off Topic: Actually, It does make sense thinking that WoW next expansion might be the last one with the announcement of Titan on this year Blizzcon. Plus it will most likely be the level 100 cap expac, wich is a nice number for an end of line.
    Blizzard will most likely add mechanics to the game such as random quest spots and dynamic events next expac and slowly transform WoW to a point where you could play the level cap endlessly and will probably keep the game up for pretty long with little to none development to refresh it before a final shut down.
    And talking about Titan, I think they lied saying that it is not one of their games MMO. I am pretty sure it is WoW II, World of Diablo or World of Starcraft, It is too risky and a complete blind shot for me on this statement and for them if they actually working on a completly new MMO.
    First off, why would they go up ten levels when the past two expansions have made it a point to only go up 5? Secondly, with the millions they still make from subscriptions each month, just up and ending the game would be a completely stupid business idea. Its much more likely that when subs go down, WoW will move to a F2P model with less support and more time between updates. That is no where near happening though, it is still a hugely popular game.

    As for Titan, expecting it to be some sort of replacement for WoW is just not a bright speculation either. A Diablo MMO would be silly because, as I stated already, WoW is no where near dying and it would take away subs since they are both sword & sorcery based. A Starcraft MMO would be different at least, but it also wouldn't be Starcraft. Final Fantasy MMOs have shown that changing the base mechanics of a game doesn't bode well. I have a feeling that the new Elder Scrolls MMO will end up the same way. Titan should be something new, because Blizzard has successes already with its 3 big titles, it needs to branch out in another direction at this point, its the best business option; not doing some sort of rehash of something already out there.

    And finally, as to the final shutdown of WoW...it is far too early to even begin thinking about it or having plans. As long as there is still even a cult popularity of the game, it will likely keep going. Just because something is old or out of date doesn't mean you get rid of it. Some of us WoW players came from another little game you might have heard of...Everquest. The first one. The one that is still going and just released its 19th expansion. Yes, 19. A 14 year old game, but one that has plenty of people who have strong feelings about it. I met my wife in that game and when it went F2P, I immediately reinstalled and occasionally play it.

    Moral of the story, don't count out a game that has shown staying power when newer, prettier things have come out.


    As for on-topic: In the hypothetical situation of WoW up and ending, I would speculate that the last boss fight would involve Sargeras, but would include the entire Pantheon of Titans and perhaps any remaining Old Gods as well. If it's going down, I want it going down in a spectacular, mind-bogglingly epic battle with characters that are so much larger than life that it makes no sense at all that we are even needed, and yet somehow, we are.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast


  7. #27
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we are stronger than old gods. we can kill sargeras.
    We are not stronger then the Old Gods. We've always had aid, support and assistance, not to mention we've never killed one, only wounded them. Their true power has never been fully let loose on us.

    Also, there has only ever been one mortal who has even scratched Sargeras and that required once of the most powerful weapons in the history of Azeroth. Not to mention that according to the lore (not in-game mechanics), that even being within a hundred-miles of him would incinerate your flesh...

  8. #28
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    We are not stronger then the Old Gods. We've always had aid, support and assistance, not to mention we've never killed one, only wounded them. Their true power has never been fully let loose on us.
    And I have yet to believe we've killed a single one of the Old Gods.

  9. #29
    Would love to see Queen Azshara and Elune arrive with an army of titans to fend off Sargeras and the rest of the burning legion, ultimately allowing the destruction of Azeroth, leaving the world asunder.

  10. #30
    10mil accs (prob 7mil active) x by £8 a month each = yeah ime now sure wow will end....LOL

  11. #31
    Mankirk's wife.
    'T Vlaamse heir staat immer pal, Daar 't winnen of daar 't sterven zal. Alhier, Aldaar aan lange lansen de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.... En de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Caylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Posts
    1,224
    I am sure blizzard said somewhere that titan would run along side wow and be different enough to enable people to still want to play wow.

    As for the last boss.. well I'd like to fight whatever corrupted sargeras in the first place.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Libram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Delta Quadrant
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I am sure blizzard said somewhere that titan would run along side wow and be different enough to enable people to still want to play wow.

    As for the last boss.. well I'd like to fight whatever corrupted sargeras in the first place.
    I think it was the burning legion. He was made by the titans to kill them off, but over time he started getting tired of it, started questions himself, then gave in and became a part of them...
    Someone correct me if my lore is wrong.
    I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/UPn2yaqWD9g


  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    You guys could just give up.
    Nah, we still have to ransack and raze Orgrimmar.
    Well we probably won't be written in that way, but we're gona hold out and then be disappointed anyways, like we always are.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I think it was the burning legion. He was made by the titans to kill them off, but over time he started getting tired of it, started questions himself, then gave in and became a part of them...
    Someone correct me if my lore is wrong.
    He wasn't made by the Titans...He was a Titan. His job was like the universe's Judge Dredd.

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral Libram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Delta Quadrant
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by calahil View Post
    He wasn't made by the Titans...He was a Titan. His job was like the universe's Judge Dredd.
    Ah alright, haha.
    I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/UPn2yaqWD9g


  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazienne View Post
    First off, why would they go up ten levels when the past two expansions have made it a point to only go up 5? Secondly, with the millions they still make from subscriptions each month, just up and ending the game would be a completely stupid business idea. Its much more likely that when subs go down, WoW will move to a F2P model with less support and more time between updates. That is no where near happening though, it is still a hugely popular game.

    As for Titan, expecting it to be some sort of replacement for WoW is just not a bright speculation either. A Diablo MMO would be silly because, as I stated already, WoW is no where near dying and it would take away subs since they are both sword & sorcery based. A Starcraft MMO would be different at least, but it also wouldn't be Starcraft. Final Fantasy MMOs have shown that changing the base mechanics of a game doesn't bode well. I have a feeling that the new Elder Scrolls MMO will end up the same way. Titan should be something new, because Blizzard has successes already with its 3 big titles, it needs to branch out in another direction at this point, its the best business option; not doing some sort of rehash of something already out there.

    And finally, as to the final shutdown of WoW...it is far too early to even begin thinking about it or having plans. As long as there is still even a cult popularity of the game, it will likely keep going. Just because something is old or out of date doesn't mean you get rid of it. Some of us WoW players came from another little game you might have heard of...Everquest. The first one. The one that is still going and just released its 19th expansion. Yes, 19. A 14 year old game, but one that has plenty of people who have strong feelings about it. I met my wife in that game and when it went F2P, I immediately reinstalled and occasionally play it.

    Moral of the story, don't count out a game that has shown staying power when newer, prettier things have come out.


    As for on-topic: In the hypothetical situation of WoW up and ending, I would speculate that the last boss fight would involve Sargeras, but would include the entire Pantheon of Titans and perhaps any remaining Old Gods as well. If it's going down, I want it going down in a spectacular, mind-bogglingly epic battle with characters that are so much larger than life that it makes no sense at all that we are even needed, and yet somehow, we are.
    I'm quoting this, because everyone who thinks wow is magically going to fall over and end (especially at lvl 100) should read this over and over. What business would ever shut down a game making $150 million dollars a month... What if 3/4 of WoW users quit... oh damn... only $38 million a month. They would only shut down wow if it didn't make financial sense to continue the game. If Everquest can pull 19 expansions, WoW (which is more popular) could easily have that many.

    If Blizzard is willing to change lore to add things like Blood Elf paladins, etc... they could easily just add more lore to fit other worlds, bosses, etc. into the game.

    I think choosing what we currently know of the "wow bosses", will probably be a wrong choice in the end. I feel we will have quite a few larger bosses we don't know about yet.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I am sure blizzard said somewhere that titan would run along side wow and be different enough to enable people to still want to play wow.

    As for the last boss.. well I'd like to fight whatever corrupted sargeras in the first place.
    I ATTACK THE DARKNESS! MAGIC MISSILE!

    I don't think that we can really "fight" what corrupted Sargeras, because I don't think it was an actual single entity of any kind. It was the "natural" chaos and darkness of the universe, and the lesser creatures he was fighting. The problem is, he always was and still is significantly stronger than anything he was fighting.

    I expect Sargeras will be the final boss, but I also believe that Warcraft is going to continue for a long time yet-- it's certainly got another handful of expansions in it, and Blizzard has plenty of lore to play with before we get to Sargeras.
    We have Azshara and the South Seas, the remaining Old Gods, the Emerald Dream, Argus and the Legion... plenty of content, not to mention the ability to add new lore and expand on current lore.

    Even if the next expansion is a Legion expansion, as hunted by Wrathion, it doesn't in any way have to end with Sargeras's defeat.

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Kuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    580
    The final raid might be the most massive content ever released, a raid that spans every zone in WoW as you see what damage the 'insert ultimate enemy of Azeroth here' has done

  20. #40
    Epic! Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,664
    Sargeras will be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •