Deleted

Frost / arcane mage help !

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7k...?s=3509&e=3917
    logs from tonight raid is there any way or anything wrong that our mage is doing on these fights, hes soo bummed down about his dps and wants help and being an officer I just wanted to know what he could do to improve
    he likes frost but wants to play arcane
    any advices guys ? sorry its vague

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go Exblitnhion.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5101b...6c000d47#buffs

This is a comparison of my parse (I did an pretty crap job on that one) and your mages. The main two differences are uptime on his nether tempest and RoP uptime. I was only at 74% that parse, should be over 95%, he was even lower than me. RoP uptime for him was 34%. That is his number one problem. I was about 75% uptime, due to the movement on that fight I feel not too shabby.

Next, looking at his armory, his gems don't match his reforges very well. If he is gemming for haste, he needs to gem/forge for haste. I see odd things like his OH not having any forge out of crit. I see full int gems where he could have int/haste, and int haste gems where he could have full Haste.

Personally I like the mastery stacking feel of the rotation better but mastery or haste is currently a personal choice. He is also OVER hit cap which I am sure he could get slightly lower and/or slightly under and be fine. I'm currently at 14.8% hit and all is well.

---Edit---

Why did he use Arcane Barrage 8 times in the fight? He should be able to keep his stacks up the whole time, with 2 alter times if done correctly he shouldn't have any more than 2 in the fight with that length of time, 3 if he sneaks one in at 1% on elegon for a sneaky dps boost but that would be the most. 8 means he is dropping stacks and that means he is losing dps.

Still want to iterate the RoP uptime itself should boost his dps a bunch.

Theres a few ideas to get you started

Happy Hunting
    Last edited by royals; 2013-01-24 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not very good with analyzing logs but just looking quickly and comparing it to my latest elegon kill (hc though but no difference really beacuse I wasn't soaking)

Rune of Power 34.8 % uptime is just horrible, he should be standing on it all the time pretty much and I had 82 % uptime on my log, I don't even know if thats super good but anyways as you can see theres a super big difference and Arcane relies on it very heavily for the mana regen it provides.

Alter Time he only used 1 time, I managed to use it 3 times = ineffective CD usage.

He also only used 1 pot trough the fight which equals no prepot/ no BL pot.

He also used way to many barrages, the only time you should use barrage in the elegon fight is during Alter time but he used it 8 times and only used Alter time once which means he's playing the specc wrong.

This is what I came up with from taking a peek, hope it helps a bit!

Edit: My log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g3...?s=4884&e=5298
    Last edited by mmoc3873889795; 2013-01-24 at 11:16 PM.

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

As for my gear - i tried to be arcane and frost, so did some mixed gearing up trying to optimize gear for both specs, and the result is terrible, it seems.

In the matter of RoP: on other fights that night i had like 60-80% uptime, which still needs improvement, but is just bad, not horrible ;-) So it must be a matter of double-checking if i am standing in the RoP, as on Elegon there are some visual issues with that.

As for extensive ABarr usage - i have problems with keeping stacks up after killing the pillars, so have to practice this part a bid.

I will go arcane all the way now, get gemmed / reforged for full haste properly and start using my RoP / NT trackers correctly. I expect it will give some results, otherwise it would mean i'm terrible noob and there's no hope for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argussonn View Post
    First of all, thanks for the feedback.

As for my gear - i tried to be arcane and frost, so did some mixed gearing up trying to optimize gear for both specs, and the result is terrible, it seems.

In the matter of RoP: on other fights that night i had like 60-80% uptime, which still needs improvement, but is just bad, not horrible ;-) So it must be a matter of double-checking if i am standing in the RoP, as on Elegon there are some visual issues with that.

As for extensive ABarr usage - i have problems with keeping stacks up after killing the pillars, so have to practice this part a bid.

I will go arcane all the way now, get gemmed / reforged for full haste properly and start using my RoP / NT trackers correctly. I expect it will give some results, otherwise it would mean i'm terrible noob and there's no hope for me
    Yea the rune can be a bit bugged if you put it on the edge, I usually just put the whole on the inside but very close to the edge so I can move out quickly.

You should try work on maximizing CD usage aswell, as you only used Alter time once. If you don't use glyphed AP (Which I don't like but alot of people use it I think) you can use alter time every second AP. As for the stacks problem, I have never experierienced any problems (just Arcane explosion on the adds) but my guild doesn't want us to touch the adds until tank has picked them all up, a workaround here is to use Mirror images as aggro drop since it isn't a major dps cd on the boss anyways. Also if you have missile procs you can use it and cancel it instantly and still refresh ur charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a final note, I love the addon "Arcanometer" that someone mentioned a few months back. Wonderful addon for tracking stacks/NT/mana all packed into a little box. As well, I personally prefer the feel of Mastery stacked arcane w/ RoP and Mage armor. But our other mage uses full haste + Frost armor and Invo and pulls great numbers as well.

Good luck.