Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Girl in huge college class!??

So slight history first. Had a class with this super cute girl last Spring semester. Did not actually notice her until literally the last day of class which was the final (never went to any lecture except for mid-term and final as I had a friend who gave me notes when he took the class the previous semester). Was actually like 2 mins late to the final and sat in front of her, and she caught my attention, which was then quickly shifted to the final in front of me. We finished at around the same time and she once again caught my attention. We both ended up walking the same way (she toward her apt and I toward the bus stop which was in front of her apt bldg) so I caught up to her and made small talk about random stuff. She seemed pretty nice/friendly but she went her way and I mine. I didn't really think much of it as it WAS the last class/pretty much end of school year, though regretted that I did not go to more classes the semester.

Fast forward to just a few days ago and I see her again out of the blue. I'm sitting in a class that is full to the brim with 350+ kids, don't know anyone and not really expecting much from the first day. Like 2 mins after the prof starts talking the girl and her friend walk into the lecture hall. They then happen to sit 4 people down from me in my row as it was probably the only 2 seats that were together and available.

How should I go about approaching this? I'm more worried and concerned about approaching her in front of her friend, especially in a such a huge-ass class where seats are scarce. Should I do cold opening? or bring up the previous meeting(though it was almost a year ago)? kinda scared she won't remember me

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to her.

All these relationship threads are overcomplicating things. It really is that easy...

This is literally the best case scenario you could have, you didn't chode around the first time, you actually talked to her so AWESOME JOB! Now all you have to do is approach her and say something like "Hey! I remember you from last semester Mr/Mrs xxxxxxx's class" She won't forget you more than likely, and if she did, she'll probably lie and you're fine anyways, then just sit down and talk to her. Get your fear of rejection or whatever out of this, who cares? Worst case scenario she doesn't like you, you're not like getting exiled from the tribe and having to kill mammoths on your own for food. Fear of rejection is an ancient instinct that society would be better without in modern days. Good luck man, lemme know how it goes!

Well you could start by saying it was good to see a face you recognised, then mention that you sat that final together and ask if she did as well as she'd hoped. That should (hopefully) give you an indication of whether she's happy to keep chatting or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Talk to her.

All these relationship threads are overcomplicating things. It really is that easy...
    End of Thread, MMO-Champion, Socially Awkward Men everywhere and the Internet.

Women are not robots, that when you press a set of buttons in a sequence will love you. Talk to them, and things will go on from there. People seek relationship advice on these forums for the most basic of things:

"My girlfriend said I should wipe my ass after I take a dump! Should I?"

"There is a girl I like, but I don't know what button to press on my iPod to make her like me"

"This girl in my school wants to date me, but I didn't enter the passcode into her brain, so I'm not sure if it is just a virus in the GirlOSv2.0"

Should just greet her by saying something along the lines of "hey, do I know you? You seem familiar" then take it from there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    "This girl in my school wants to date me, but I didn't enter the passcode into her brain, so I'm not sure if it is just a virus in the GirlOSv2.0"
    hold on, is GirlOSv2.0 out already?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Yeh, but the memory leaks, bitching, complaining, whining and other bugs were not fixed. This was more of a visual update several months ago, to bring in the "Duck Face" interface...

Bre had a good opening line of I remember you from last semester but you can also use the Hey I remember you from your talk after the exam. You have lots of follow up conversations to:

- How did you do last year?
    - What classes are you taking this year?
    - Is she still living in the same apartment?

Don't forget to talk to the friend too so she doesn't get pissed off that you two are ignoring her. When she enters the class again try to make eye contact and wave as they may sit beside you. Try to start a study group with them if possible so your around her as much as possible and go from there. Just make sure before asking her out she doesn't already have a boyfriend back home. Good luck.

More or less know it's as easy as "Talk to her". Guess I just wanted some confirmation/reinforcement/suggestions from fellow WoWers(as lame as that sounds)

Thanks though

10+ Year Old Account
    conversation is all you need

to start :\

It's simple.

Confidence.

Be Yourself.

Just say Hello.

Try to find a mutual Interest.

Girls are not some Alien race. You just have to not be scared by her looks. Be willing to approach her just make sure you two have something in common and it's not because you think she is super hot and you turn into a thoughtless man around her. In other words..Be Normal..

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to her.

I really agree. Just go over to talk to whomever you're attracted to and if you have the same interests and "frequency" then it'll click. You'll never know if you never talk to people.

Talk to her.

I got a better idea!
    Don't go and talk to her. Especially if there is even one person in vicinity. Instead, sit close to her. Start looking at her, but remember to turn your head away if/when she looks at you. Follow her at a semi-safe distance to the bus stop/wherever she is going after your classes. Then go home and think about her. Deceive your brains that you love her. Start daydreaming. Meanwhile, keep on with the stalking. Eventually she will maybe think that you are a freak. Let the days pass. Stalk her and notice that she is dating someone else. Get a depression for losing the love of your life that you never had and barely knew by name.

Or, go talk to her. She either likes that way you or not. There's no love potions or level 10 alpha male auras available tomorrow, not next week or even next month. Sorry.

It's up to you. What kind of options do you like to have on this?
    Last edited by ifrah; 2013-01-24 at 09:47 PM.

Walk like a crab towards her while thrusting your man bits into the air provocatively.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Just ask her: "hi, how are you doing? Remember me from the last semester?" If she remembers you and replies "yes" with a smile, then it's a good sign.

Or do this:

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Walk like a crab towards her while thrusting your man bits into the air provocatively.
    I would recommend the first option, but if all else fails, use TradewindNQ's tip

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Should just greet her by saying something along the lines of "hey, do I know you? You seem familiar" then take it from there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 07:28 PM ----------

I thought GirlOS was still in alpha testing. It's the only explanation.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Totally not related to anything, but i keep reading this topic as "Huge girl in college class".

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things are not that easy when you are a shy guy.

I don't even approach girls anymore, tired of being rejected. Except when i am drunk, that's when i can get some girls.

Thanks god i have 2 fuck friends to relief me, so at least for now, i don't worry about this =P

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessflex7 View Post
    How should I go about approaching this? I'm more worried and concerned about approaching her in front of her friend, especially in a such a huge-ass class where seats are scarce. Should I do cold opening? or bring up the previous meeting(though it was almost a year ago)? kinda scared she won't remember me
    Her having a friend nearby is actually a plus. It could make the whole thing less "creepy." Don't ignore the friend, either. Approach the girl, say something along the lines of "Hey, didn't I have so-and-so class with you?" She'll probably say "Yeah, I'm blah-de-dah," with which you reply "Hi, I'm Mr. Fitness Flex SEVEN!" (obviously, I'm just kidding with that last part). Be sure, when you introduce yourself, you're also introducing yourself to the friend. The friend will likely introduce herself to you as well.

It ain't hard.

Don't try and steal her away from the friend, or anything. Once the introduction and brief idle chit-chat is over with, return to your seat. Just be friendly towards her from there on, but don't try to force yourself into her life.

Just see what happens. After a couple brief conversations with her, see if she'd be interested in grabbing a coffee or a bite to eat or something sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Talk to her.

Amen, just say "hey, your that girl from class X last year. How did you do on your examn?" and you have something to start talking about. Start the small talk and ask her for her number or whatever. So simple.