Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    P.S

You should be using Primal Elementalist + Elemental Mastery on Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Drop your Primal Fire Ele during the first Recklessness phase with potion / bloodlust etc. and your DPS will be around 400k - 600k, instead of only 320k.
    The #1 parse on that fight, by a decent margin (548.9k vs. 536k for #2), is using echo of the elements and unleashed fury, which makes your proposed 50% swing due to talent choice seem implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    The #1 parse on that fight, by a decent margin (548.9k vs. 536k for #2), is using echo of the elements and unleashed fury, which makes your proposed 50% swing due to talent choice seem implausible.
    12k dps isn't a decent margin by any means on Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Evidently both EoTE / UF and PE / EM work well, however since his fight is 6:52 long, they're obviously lacking tremendously on Boss damage, which is where PE / EM excels. Considering he'd get 2 full duration Primal Elementals, they will more than likely outweight EoTE / UF. With all this being said, only way to test is to test it. I might try EoTE / UF this week during our farm clear, should be interesting.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

12k dps isn't a decent margin by any means on Wind Lord Mel'jarak.
    2.4% is pretty big for a gap between 1st and 2nd place, especially when you consider it's US vs. KR/CN (lower ilvl).

edit: comparing 1st and 2nd place seems to be somewhat irrelevant in this case, since they're both using UF. It looks like the top PE parse on that fight is 20th, so 548.9k vs. 476.1k

Evidently both EoTE / UF and PE / EM work well, however since his fight is 6:52 long, they're obviously lacking tremendously on Boss damage, which is where PE / EM excels
    Fight is 4:09 on my screen. Not sure where you're getting 6:52 from.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-01-29 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    "Cannot soak sparks."

Unleash elements with rockbiter weapon is yet ANOTHER dmg reduction for us, we have tons. Just because you spent 8 years not knowing your tools, or just do not have the ability to play properly, doesn't mean Enhancement is unwanted or bad.

This is just a whine post. Enhancement is in the best place it's ever been. If you are willing to sacrifice half of your lightning bolts you can still pull about 90% of your typical DPS while also doing around 30k HPS with Healing Rain alone. We went from one of the least survivable specs in the past to one of the most - I almost never die from pulse AEs or passive damage (e.g. pheromones) because I can heal myself and pop SR - warriors are at the mercy of the healers and don't have cheat death like the rogues, and we also can rez ourselves in the rare instance that we do die. I've probably accepted fewer than 10 battle rezzes in all the encounters we've done - one of the lowest numbers in the guild. That alone is a reason to take an enhancement shaman on progression - that and I've topped meters against purple-ranked rogues on stand and deliver fights.

Our DPS is top 5, our HPS is the best of any hybrid, and if you're good, you don't die, and when you do, you don't use a brez.

What are you complaining about?
    Author of Enhancement Technique, a priority manager for Enhancement Shamans | My YouTube channel | Teckniques @ Sargeras-US