Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the casual 12yr old kid is not a problem, since those usually get bored early and never get to max level.

    the problem you're thinking about are 47yr old casuals with a wife, 3 kids and a job. he can't put too much effort into learning to play, so he needs the game to be easier.
    Honestly i've seen a lot more good "casual 12 yr old kid" (well generally 15-23) than good "30 years old gamer"

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Tomatketchup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,704
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Personally i feel like the main benefit of SHARP was double AR + BF which is no longer the case.

    And as much as i miss riposte / ghostly strike they were useless outside of pvp and a few rare fights in pve, i'd honestly would be happier if rogues got a 4th tanking spec, since we already established that you don't need a) block b) plate gear to be a tank (and because fuck monks stealing all cool stuff from us)
    Just because they were useless doesn't warrant the removal of them. They were fun to play around with. I mean, they were actually unique combo point generators, like GS had a cooldown and a buff to it, and Riposte could only be used after parrying, and gave a debuff.

    Now we have combo point generators that does damage and that's it. There's nothing fun about them.
    Kalle Anka-partiet in i svenska riksdagen 2014!

    You got power when you talk you don't play games~

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Just because they were useless doesn't warrant the removal of them. They were fun to play around with. I mean, they were actually unique combo point generators, like GS had a cooldown and a buff to it, and Riposte could only be used after parrying, and gave a debuff.

    Now we have combo point generators that does damage and that's it. There's nothing fun about them.
    I'm not saying i don't miss them, but weren't "needed". Now if there was a choice between just adding them back or not adding them back, i'd be happy if they were back, but if the choice was between improving current specs / adding a bloody tanking spec or adding some of the nice, but not so useful abilities back, i would take the first option.

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    I totally agree with you cuz rogues r so nerfed nowadays that he can kill another rogue and only. In arenas they cant handle any other class. They lost their tough defence, they r not so tough damagers they used to be i luved to be rogue but its so discouraging now Most of the skilles is survival skills to click then damaging it is vary lame No one can say now that Combat rogue is Toe To Toe spec cuz every other spec can tear him limb from limb

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    SHARP was my favorite spec.
    What the hell was SHARP? I remember HARP from BC which was short for hemo-AR-prep, but what the hell is that extra S for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    lol Who wants to be a "swashbuckler" anyway?

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2723650560/tt0075294

    On topic: Yeah, they trimmed down all the trees, not just Combat. I play Combat in PvP and do okay, but it's never really been designed as a PvP spec. Thank your lucky starts you get Shadowstep, Shuriken Toss, and soon to have Prep. With those tools and burst cooldowns, you should be fine. Riposte was fairly stupid anyway. Blade Twisting is directly replaced by the Glyph of Debilitation, which does the same exact thing.
    Depends on how you look at swashbuckler. Theres the archetype you see in movies, but the spec names seem to be based on fighting style which means we should be able to use bucklers and go toe-to-toe like the description says which could be interesting.

    And when you say combat was never designed as a pvp spec... you miss out on the majority of BC where combat maces was the most popular pvp spec? Non dagger combat seemed pretty solid in vanilla also.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,567
    This is neither here nor there - but I always felt a cool and flavorful talent for combat rogues would be something that lets them wear mail armor. They already have the armor ingame (unless something has changed it would just be the hunter gear). I mean think about it, this isn't an assassin or sneaky subtly rogue ... this is a combat rogue. They are in the front lines and therefore should have some extra protection. I know they used to have that gheybird reinforced leather talent... but I'm talking full fledged 'you are now allowed to wear mail armor' talent.

    I know.. probably impossible but I always wanted to see it.

  7. #27
    since its damage is reduced so much will you be removing or reducing the energy generation penalty?
    On Blade Flurry? Yes, perhaps. (Source)
    i hope they reduce it to like 10% instead of 20
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This is neither here nor there - but I always felt a cool and flavorful talent for combat rogues would be something that lets them wear mail armor. They already have the armor ingame (unless something has changed it would just be the hunter gear). I mean think about it, this isn't an assassin or sneaky subtly rogue ... this is a combat rogue. They are in the front lines and therefore should have some extra protection. I know they used to have that gheybird reinforced leather talent... but I'm talking full fledged 'you are now allowed to wear mail armor' talent.

    I know.. probably impossible but I always wanted to see it.
    Technically it's very possible (ie ench shammies and being able to use "new" weapon types), practically it will be a pain if we want to respec from combat into anything else (hello farming up all gear again), and unless combat was changed to something new (ie tank) it just wouldn't be worth the trouble as opposed to just passive +armor.

    Granted it would be hilarious to start taking armor from hunters after soo many expacks of hunters taking armor from us.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i hope they reduce it to like 10% instead of 20
    I remember seeing that exact question and answer on mmo-champion shortly after they announced the nerf, and I'm guessing that they decided to up it to 40% instead as that happened shortly after.

    On the mail thing, the only real benefit I see to having multiple dps specs for the same role is if they are better at different things (which granted blizz doesn't seem to agree with), so a change that prevents you to respeccing from or to combat by having it use mail seems silly as you then couldn't take advantage of all the specs with your gear (granted we do have to switch weapons).

    Though I guess if blizz is really intent on them all being roughly even at everything and all playing really, really similarly, not being able to swap specs due to mail armor doesn't matter...
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-01-28 at 04:43 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I remember seeing that exact question and answer on mmo-champion shortly after they announced the nerf, and I'm guessing that they decided to up it to 40% instead as that happened shortly after.

    On the mail thing, the only real benefit I see to having multiple dps specs for the same role is if they are better at different things (which granted blizz doesn't seem to agree with), so a change that prevents you to respeccing from or to combat by having it use mail seems silly as you then couldn't take advantage of all the specs with your gear (granted we do have to switch weapons).

    Though I guess if blizz is really intent on them all being roughly even at everything and all playing really, really similarly, not being able to swap specs due to mail armor doesn't matter...
    Fairly sure he was referring to energy penalty...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Fairly sure he was referring to energy penalty...
    yes i was i took that from the front page of mmo-champ
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  12. #32
    All I ever play is Combat, that is just how I like it.

    Never had an interest in Ass or Sub, don't like wielding two daggers (excepting when they were my Legendaries), rather have a pair of swords.

    Mists has kinda effed that up, about the only thing you can find for Rogues is the occasional axe or mace, but plenty of daggers & fist weapons. Maybe one aGI sword, the Halloween one?

    Sure would be nice to have a pair of 1-handed AGI swords TMogged into Hanzo's Sword; duel wielding katanas…!

    As for the Mail armor, I would TOTALLY be down for that; Combat IS supposed to be the toe-to-toe spec, let us have a bit of better armor to soak up some of that damage.

    I also agree that Rogues should get a Tank spec, and think Combat would be the one to do it. Make it a hybrid Tank/DPS spec; Combat Rogues tanking fights, holding the bosses attention AND still topping the DPS meters…! That would be cool…

  13. #33
    we've lost those things for a reason. they werent needed.

    going back to them isnt the solution. we need new things.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Out back of the Wood Pile
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    we've lost those things for a reason. they werent needed.

    going back to them isnt the solution. we need new things.
    Like?.....questing on my Combat rogue in cata was fun and fairly easy to do....just mutilated by a pack of mobs on a quest in the dread wastes where i had to defend Korven the Prime....they had like 60k HP and was overrun by the 2nd wave...im not a good rogue player by any stretch but the Missing Def CD's and the missing armor talent from the old combat spec blows.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

  15. #35
    Combat is not too bad in PvP atm. It has good damage. If you blow AR/AB on someone they will die quick unless you get peeled off. They have burst with KS which is also a mechanism to regain energy and more or less be unpeelable for 3.5 seconds, and insight now stacks on the Rogue and so you have to be heavily cc'd to lose it.

    They are getting Prep as baseline like all Rogues and so will have Prep and Step. They will also have much better energy regen with extra haste on gear in 5.2 and they scale extremely well with gear generally. They are getting a 5% AP buff. They are and will be fine.

    However, I will be playing Sub in 5.2. It is very hard to peel atm on the PTR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •