Deleted

Nvidia Geforce Experience now in open beta

Apparently, Nvidia has just launched Geforce Experience beta, a tool which recommends graphics settings and can update your drivers depending on your CPU, GPU and monitor.

the product is in open beta and currently supports several games. you can find it at http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/geforce-experience

Deleted
    now this has lots of potential depending on how it will be tuned.

Deleted
    I have tested it. note for those that wish to manually update their drivers and first remove their original drivers: Geforce Experience is removed alongside your driver.

other remark is that it doesn't scan inside account locked folders (basically folders with a padlock symbol on them).

Why must ATI and their software suck. I swear next full build I'm going back to Nvidia. I love the idea of this tool, hopefully they'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Why must ATI and their software suck. I swear next full build I'm going back to Nvidia. I love the idea of this tool, hopefully they'll get it right.
    It will hopefully be based on real testing, not just "uhh maybe this will run it at these settings"!

I do remember reading an article of Nvidia testing every single CPU and GPU combo a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current settings on every game is exactly the same as optimal the program suggest me to take. I don't see the point?

I could swear my fps in WoW have increased, never have gotten more than 150 fps at maxed ?
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-01-24 at 09:39 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    My current settings on every game is exactly the same as optimal the program suggest me to take. I don't see the point?
    perhaps because of your hardware but for people who want to get their maximum reasoable performance out of their rig this could work very well.

my laptop can barely run sc2 on low settings, but it said the optimal settings are high/ultra....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    perhaps because of your hardware but for people who want to get their maximum reasoable performance out of their rig this could work very well.
    People who want that, can most likely do that on their own. And might find that even more fun to do.

This is just a tool for "casual" people, who dont want to fiddle with their settings and just want it to run (much like a console sorta).

Deleted
    Running around in fc3 on maximum settings at 55-60fps and that tools optimal settings are low settings >.> maybe nvidia don't know how well their own cards perform.

First off, it's a beta. There will be glitches. Another reason why they need thousands of people to use and report bugs. Secondly, they test it using an intense location and use that as the frame rate scale. It's not really meant for people who care about FPS and the maximum graphical settings. It's more for a joe schmoe who doesn't exactly understand how SSAO reduces frame rate and how shadows can hog a crap-ton of resources.

I've been using it since December and it's a nice tool. I personally enjoy seeing the differences they suggest and then testing between my and their "optimal" settings. A considerably portion of the average public don't like computers because they can't just plug and play a la consoles. This is a step in a casual friendly direction. Nonetheless it's a good sign that companies understand it's at least a problem.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    my laptop can barely run sc2 on low settings, but it said the optimal settings are high/ultra....
    You sure that it is the gpu that is running the game instead of the chipset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubity View Post
    You sure that it is the gpu that is running the game instead of the chipset?
    A very important thing to look out for. My laptop even used the chipset graphics with the "gaming power mode" it had; I had to change it manually.

I like it, but I always enjoyed tweaking the settings myself.
    Maybe my brother could make use of it. He doesn't really understand what all of the graphic settings in games do anyhow.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-01-25 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    well, just gave it a try with battlefield 3 and it turned all the jazz up to 11 so my FPS dropped from 120+ to 70+ and it even turned the motion blur to the max so no i don't think this one is for me

Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    well, just gave it a try with battlefield 3 and it turned all the jazz up to 11 so my FPS dropped from 120+ to 70+ and it even turned the motion blur to the max so no i don't think this one is for me
    Now, the important question is:
    Do you have a 120Hz monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post

Do I look like a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Heat related issue maybe? But yeah, beta is beta. My old laptop couldnt run WoW at low settings, but put it on top of the AC, and I was suddenly able to go medium / high and get 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    Do I look like a bitch?
    This is an interesting response. Typically, when one is responding with "Do I look like <something>..." the answer is supposed to be no, and that answer usually applies to both the original question and the response.

So taking these things in to consideration, and assuming you do in fact have a 120Hz monitor (hence the tough guy response), then the answer to "Do I like like a bitch?" Is without a doubt, Yes.