Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reforging after Item Upgrades

hi guys,

since I have upgraded quite a few items by now, reforging gets almost impossible. At least if you're trying not to waste any stat points by going way over the caps.

so my question is:
    is there a proper way to reforge items to get exactly/close to the caps? since wowreforge is bugged and reforgelite doesn't seem to be working for me at all, I was wondering how the rest of the WoW community is reforging their items to reach their caps.

Use WoWreforge and input the values manually. Click the item, edit the textboxes to match the stats and click apply. It will work.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Simcraft supports item upgrades. Just add upgrade=1 (or 2). Run the weights. Punch those into reforgelite and it works just fine.

Great tips. Thanks, folks
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Get the addon 'reforgelite' and it does everything for you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    this. one of my fav add-ons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    i'm actually using reforgelite since it does support the item upgrades, but it does some really weird reforging, like reforge stats into expertise, which should count as hit, I know, but according to the character panel it doesn't. If I reforge anything into expertise it just doesn't change my hit percentage, which is really weird.
    Maybe a graphic bug? Or did they remove this feature and I just missed it?

Apart from that, v1.22 and 1.23 semm to be really bugged. And even v1.21 which is supposed to be the stable version of reforgelite doesn't get me anywhere near to my caps. The calculation table is showing me perfect stats, like really close to my caps, but as soon as I open the reforging panel and hit 'auto reforge' things get messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Use WoWreforge and input the values manually. Click the item, edit the textboxes to match the stats and click apply. It will work.
    I think I'll try that one. Never knew you can actually edit the stats so they match the new upgraded versions of the item. thanks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    i'm actually using reforgelite since it does support the item upgrades, but it does some really weird reforging, like reforge stats into expertise, which should count as hit, I know, but according to the character panel it doesn't. If I reforge anything into expertise it just doesn't change my hit percentage, which is really weird.
    Maybe a graphic bug? Or did they remove this feature and I just missed it?

Apart from that, v1.22 and 1.23 semm to be really bugged. And even v1.21 which is supposed to be the stable version of reforgelite doesn't get me anywhere near to my caps. The calculation table is showing me perfect stats, like really close to my caps, but as soon as I open the reforging panel and hit 'auto reforge' things get messed up.

I think I'll try that one. Never knew you can actually edit the stats so they match the new upgraded versions of the item. thanks.
    expertise definitely does count towards hit. i used it to reach hit cap a couple of hours ago and noticed the increase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    expertise definitely does count towards hit. i used it to reach hit cap a couple of hours ago and noticed the increase
    yeah i thought so. probably some sort of interface bug.

If you're the real spookyy (R1 Lock) I'm very confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    this. one of my fav add-ons
    I may be doing something wrong here, but I set up my settings something like this:

Hit: 50 until 5100 cap, then 0
    Haste: 20 until 6637 cap, then 15
    Mastery: 18
    Crit: 10

And then I mash the calculate button until I get as close to 5100 as possible (but always atleast). I generally get to exactly 5100 and very close (but always above) the 6637 haste cap.
    The thing becomes.. I can do 10000 calculates and get the same result, but then on my 10001st I get a better result. I'm not sure if it's mine bugging out or if something broke the addon. I used to LOVE it too, but now it's simply the best tool available, but it's still broken and annoying.

I didn't know you could edit item stats on wowreforge, I'm going to try that when I get home.

I never import my statweights directly from simcraft, since this doesn't reflect the actual values of the stats that you reforge, but rather the value of the stats that you can stack onto the equipment you already have. It doesn't take into account breakpoints for instance, how could it? You can obviously continously reforge and resim, but it's easier to have a rough idea of what you want and then aim for that.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-01-25 at 12:21 PM.

Reforgelite doesn't reforge the way I want it to no matter what, so I use wowreforge.com
    I did not know you could enter stats manually tho. Up until now I've been compensating for the upgraded stats by editing the stat caps which was kinda annoying.

disregard everything everyone has said and go download reforgelite immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My problem with these reforgers (I've been using askmrrobot myself), is that It always tells me to put stuff into mastery, but i have a feeling a better mix of haste would produce better results and if you play with the weights, it just shifts from mastery to haste in its entirety,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    My problem with these reforgers (I've been using askmrrobot myself), is that It always tells me to put stuff into mastery, but i have a feeling a better mix of haste would produce better results and if you play with the weights, it just shifts from mastery to haste in its entirety,
    You need to tell any given reforger what you want it to give you, otherwise the tool won't give you what you want. Going with default settings give default results. If you don't know what you want, then the reforger cannot help you.

Reforgelite will simply not acknowledge the amount of haste I want it to shoot for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Reforgelite will simply not acknowledge the amount of haste I want it to shoot for.
    Mine bugs out often too... A few relogs and some tweaking here and there with numbers usually fixes it.

I just went to wowreforge and manually edited my items to reflect upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Reforgelite doesn't reforge the way I want it to no matter what, so I use wowreforge.com
    I did not know you could enter stats manually tho. Up until now I've been compensating for the upgraded stats by editing the stat caps which was kinda annoying.
    Yeah, you have to or else it isn't going to reforge properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I had this problem, tried to reforge to within 1% of the hit cap and a certain haste threshold,then dump everything else into mastery (haste + mastery / 2 was just above the haste cap I wanted).

Ended up either completely ignoring my hit cap request and dumping everything into mastery, or ignoring my haste.

Ended up using a website iirc.

Reforging is such a chore, I miss the days of just dumping everything into haste.