Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars stopped being Star Wars for me after the first three films. Hell, even RotJ was a little too "meh..." for my tastes. I rank a VII down there with all the other reboots and reimaginings and regurgitations we've seen lately. The movie might be watchable, but it will never come close to the Star Wars I first saw on the big screen in '77. Or the movie I used binoculars to watch, because my glasses were broken, in 1980. Or was it '81?

Hopefully it won't suck but it doesn't matter much to me either way, since I'll just wait for it to show up at Netflix or Redbox.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Star Wars stopped being Star Wars for me after the first three films. Hell, even RotJ was a little too "meh..." for my tastes. I rank a VII down there with all the other reboots and reimaginings and regurgitations we've seen lately. The movie might be watchable, but it will never come close to the Star Wars I first saw on the big screen in '77. Or the movie I used binoculars to watch, because my glasses were broken, in 1980. Or was it '81?

Hopefully it won't suck but it doesn't matter much to me either way, since I'll just wait for it to show up at Netflix or Redbox.
    I must admit, I have to agree. Though I really do think that SW7 has huge amounts of potential, it's just not ever going to be able to satisfy everyone or fix everything done by those other 3 films with lightsabers in. As long as it's better than those films, I don't really care and that's not a particularly high benchmark to set.

I think Disney bought Lucas Arts Ltd. Vince Vaugn in Star Wars, more like Vince Gone, who is going to want to see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I think Disney bought Lucas Arts Ltd. Vince Vaugn in Star Wars, more like Vince Gone, who is going to want to see that?
    What did I just read?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Now everytime a light saber is used we'll all go blind from lens flare, XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Now everytime a light saber is used we'll all go blind from lens flare, XD.
    Maybe it would be incentive for them to use them sparingly instead of over exposure like in prequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Maybe it would be incentive for them to use them sparingly instead of over exposure like in prequel.
    But I love the light sabers, .

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What did I just read?
    How am I supposed to know what you just read?

Deleted
    JJ Abrams is a very "safe" choice in that his movies are generally good by any standard.

But they also tend to be very mainstream and very "low risk".

It would have been nice for them to make a riskier choice and maybe pick someone with a little more grit. But at least this way we know we'll get something reasonably compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    JJ Abrams is a very "safe" choice in that his movies are generally good by any standard.

It would have been nice for them to make a riskier choice and maybe pick someone with a little more grit. But at least this way we know we'll get something reasonably compelling.
    Cmon this is disney that is producing the movie. and they aren't going to risk what they spent on this franchise with a risky movie. I think I read somewhere that they bought the Star Wars frachise for something like 2 billion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Imagine is they had picked Nolan. I actually don't think Nolan would have worked but it would have definity been interesting. At least they didn't pick Burton (and I actually like half of Burtons stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    BLAH, should have been Joss Whedon.

then we could have had Nathan Fillion as the older Han Solo and all would have been right with the world.
    Joss Whedon would have been my choice as well. As far as Han Solo, Harrison Ford is already at the correct age of the character, Han Solo, for Ep 7. (2013-1983=30=the number of years after Ep 6 that Ep 7 will take place). The story will likely have the dynamic trio (plus a couple robots), as elder statesmen, but the adventure will focus around the next generation.

To me the difference between Joss and JJ directing it will be the difference between Watching a Star Wars movie directed by Joss Whedon and watching a JJ Abrams movie involving the Star Wars universe. JJ is known for being an artist that has to make his art his own. That's not to say he absolutely will with Star Wars, but that's my fear anyway. The defense of Abrams that I've been hearing is "at least it can't be as bad as Lucas' last three", and while that is a valid concern, those prequels were pretty horrible - I just have my sights set a little higher then that.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-02-04 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    I don't want to hope too much, but I think this will be just fabulous. It's too big thing to screw up. Disney did great production with Marvels and Tron. And J.J. Abrams is very talented director. I just hope the story line is well planned. Though I'd rather see movies from the Old Republic or even more far from the past. I'm not really into Luke Skywalker, so they really do need to make a good plot!

2,3 and 5 are deffinetly the best ones for me. And the event around Death Star RotJ was insane. The emperor is just too cool of a villain.
    Last edited by mmoca6829c3432; 2013-02-04 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Great. An author of a few "meh" movies is going to direct new Star Wars movie.

For those who never learned to enjoy the Phanthom Menace, guess it's time. It had Liam Neeson, after all!
    I really really REALLY hop we don't end up looking at the Phantom menace as a high point in the Star Wars tide. That just isn't possible.

Also, hopefully Disney will make him tone down his overuse of lens flare.

His film will be safe and make a shitton of money, it just won't be bold or daring in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I really really REALLY hop we don't end up looking at the Phantom menace as a high point in the Star Wars tide. That just isn't possible.

Also, hopefully Disney will make him tone down his overuse of lens flare.

His film will be safe and make a shitton of money, it just won't be bold or daring in any way.
    It never was going to be bold or daring. That has rarely ever been Disney's style. They will play it safe and set it up to appeal to a mass market to draw in as many Star Wars fans and non Star Wars fans as possible to boost the bottom line. That having been said, Im going in with an open mind and I think they may actually end up making a movie that entertains me for a few hours. That's really all I can ask for at this point.

Also: light sabers *drool*

Deleted
    Rumors say Yoda will have a great role in these new films. Some of them maybe even named after him.

(ah, could read more carefully. SPINOFF-movie, not the new trilogy)

guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/05/yoda-own-star-wars-movie
    Last edited by mmoca6829c3432; 2013-02-06 at 03:41 PM.

They're making spin offs about certain characters yes, they're planning them for Han and Boba fett too alongside Yoda. They're not saying Yoda will be in the new trilogy cause hes still dead.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    My god u ppl complaining about JJ....Sheesh it could be far worse, Michael Bay or Uwe Boll mean anything to u? As someone who did see the original Star Wars in theaters in 76(yes I'm old), not the butchered A new hope... the original trilogy was far better than the prequel trilogy, and didn't they say eps 7 was going to follow Return of the Jedi? Ewoks rule, Jar Jar binks can die in a fire....

if he isn't going with the jedi children then I want Legacy with Cade Skywalker, 100yrs into the future with the return of the sith.

What i want to see is a movie set way into the future so it doesn't have to deal with the baggage of old characters but still can give the nod to fans of the franchise with bits of lore here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicuros View Post
    I don't want to hope too much, but I think this will be just fabulous. It's too big thing to screw up. Disney did great production with Marvels and Tron. And J.J. Abrams is very talented director. I just hope the story line is well planned. Though I'd rather see movies from the Old Republic or even more far from the past. I'm not really into Luke Skywalker, so they really do need to make a good plot!

2,3 and 5 are deffinetly the best ones for me. And the event around Death Star RotJ was insane. The emperor is just too cool of a villain.
    You might be able to see some old republic stuff, they aren't just making trilogy related star wars movies, also 'spin-off' movies based in the universe but not necessarily the current trilogy.

So I would say a Revan movie is very possible sometime in the future (not immediate future but still)