Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I had the most enjoyment in Warhammer as well as far as mmo pvp is concerned. I'm sort of amazed they still haven't gone free to play yet.

As far as pvp only mmmorpgs, there are a few that have tried. Forge is out right now that has MMO type combat but is strictly just pvp. I'm not sure how well it will do. There was another game a few years ago that tried something similar called Fury but it failed pretty spectacularly. It only last 10 months before it was shut down. I thought the original idea of Fury was pretty decent but the implementation was so mismanaged. That and the fact that there really isn't a big market for MMO type pvp are factors in why it closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I had the most enjoyment in Warhammer as well as far as mmo pvp is concerned. I'm sort of amazed they still haven't gone free to play yet.
    They really should make it free to play. I have also wondered why they dont, i can only see positive things in making it f2p.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They really should make it free to play. I have also wondered why they dont, i can only see positive things in making it f2p.
    Cost benefit analysis. I'm willing to be they've forecast the cost of a transition and the potential revenue increases, and didn't come up with favorable numbers. They're making the Warhammer Wrath of Heroes game, which I'm assuming they're using as a bit of a test bed, but from what I've seen/heard it's not doing well. That would probably be further evidence that a business model change wouldn't be cost effective for Warhammer at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Cost benefit analysis. I'm willing to be they've forecast the cost of a transition and the potential revenue increases, and didn't come up with favorable numbers. They're making the Warhammer Wrath of Heroes game, which I'm assuming they're using as a bit of a test bed, but from what I've seen/heard it's not doing well. That would probably be further evidence that a business model change wouldn't be cost effective for Warhammer at this point.
    Sounds fair enough dont know if f2p would bring in alot off old players or new though, the game have a very bad reputation for it's launch and i know people like to judge mmo's for it's release, like i use to recommend friends to give age of conan a new try since it have improved alot since launch, but they wont even give it another go since they had a bad experience the first time they tried it.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-01-25 at 06:46 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The PvP genre for True PvPers (People who PvP for PvP's sake) has been around for a very very long time. The PvP sub-genre remains for the most part a niche community. The PvP that people experience in most MMO's is not actual true PvP but PvP advantaged in way or another.

Unfortunately this world is filled to brim with unrealistic mother f'ers. Mother f'ers who think that MMO PvP actually means something. Now if you mean that is unbalanced as fuck it is. That is balanced and takes skill it doesn't.

PvP in general is a humbling experience. True PvP pits you against another in a true test of skill, coordination, and reflexes. By definition half of everyone are going to lose more than they win. Now that is a hard mother f'in fact of life. But that is a fact most people can't get realistic about. People want to believe that they are a 70% player when in reality they are on the lower end like a 40% player but now with MMO PvP people can achieve that 70% they believe they are because of inequities and the tyrannies of the system. When that system tries to correct those inequities that when people throw up their hands and bitch because confronting the cold hard truth is something most people are incapable of handling.