Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you make gold with BS?

This was the only profession I have never leveled so thinking about tossing it on my new pally Im leveling. But is there anyway to make gold with BS? I looked at belt buckles and on my server they sell for 400 gold each and living steel is 390 gold so thats about worthless. I assume BS is merely cosmetic for the extra gem slots and is impossible to make gold with then? Unless the new TBC remake weapons will be BoE?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you wont make any gold doing BS, herbing, mining and skinning is where its at.

10+ Year Old Account
    before i stopped playing you could make a good amount of gold by selling BSing weapons.and if the "retro" weapons come back as raid worthy weapons,then bs will make a ton of gold .

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No, you wont make any gold doing BS, herbing, mining and skinning is where its at.
    Uh...it's super easy to make gold with BS. The crafted pvp pieces generally sell for more than 100-150g per item, with a crafting cost lower than 40g per item. And some (helm on my server usually) sell for up to 750g. It's definitely profitable if you put the time in. Also, mining with bots=no gold.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Uh...it's super easy to make gold with BS. The crafted pvp pieces generally sell for more than 100-150g per item, with a crafting cost lower than 40g per item. And some (helm on my server usually) sell for up to 750g. It's definitely profitable if you put the time in. Also, mining with bots=no gold.
    BS is a money machine. There are for dmg, heal und tank PvP parts. I sell about ~15 every day (no competition). But the very best item to sell are the the blue shields (heal und tank). Can easily sold for 2k each.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I make tons of gold as I'm the only BS I've seen with the Felsteel Longblade, I've come across alot of people who have been looking for years for that weapon, so i just farm the mats myself and sell it for thousands, or i get tipped 300-1k for it, Apart from that there is all the usual things you make gold from with a Crafting proff, all the gear

is the BS joke overused? cause iam feeling tempted.

but yes, BS does have opportunities, based on your servers market for the above mentioned reasons. If its not good now, then check later, demand and supply changes over time.

With the new patch coming up, oppurtunities arrive too for the proffs like BS, along with the gatherer proffs that supply them.

Quote Originally Posted by samsine View Post
    BS is a money machine. There are for dmg, heal und tank PvP parts. I sell about ~15 every day (no competition). But the very best item to sell are the the blue shields (heal und tank). Can easily sold for 2k each.
    Exactly. I laugh when people say you can't make money with it. Then I get happy knowing that leaves it less competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Exactly. I laugh when people say you can't make money with it. Then I get happy knowing that leaves it less competitive.
    Well on the big servers the competition is very rough and you usually sell 5 parts per day wich is 200-300~ g profit and thats not good at all. Thoe if u post the LW/tailoring/BS pvp gear all together you can make some good money. BS alone atleast on my sever is pretty useless.
    Last edited by mmoc480d6d9137; 2013-01-25 at 08:59 PM.

Pvp sets on my realm typically cost 30-50g to make and sell for 200-300g (sometimes higher). sell about 5 pieces a day.
    Living steel belt buckles sell for 100g more then living steel, sell 10+ a day.
    Ghost forged gear i typically keep 1-2 pieces of each rolling on the ah, greens net me about 50g profit, blues can be 200g profit.
    also have a few epics from previous expansions on, the net me about 5-10k a week in sales.
    probably am making 20-30k a week off it, not bad as it isn't my gold proffession but just use it for 640 ressilience in pvp

Deleted
    You should look at your AH to see what could potentially sell. Take the already stated items (shields, pvp sets) and check on them on your AH for a few days to see if there are much sellers, if there are buyers and look at the price+at the price of the ore etc to see how much profit you could make from it. Also: With 5.2 you can do pretty style gear, so you should aready think about saving on Harmony and as soon as 5.2 comes up you should have the mats for these items ready and put them on the AH asap. Then sit down and watch the gold flow in your direction :P
    You could also watch your living steel. With 5.2 there will be a new (and shiny!) engineering mount that, if I remember correctly, requires 30 living steel. Atm living steel isn't that much needed so I can imagine that the price will go higher. Maybe snatch a few up if they are cheap.

You can make tons of gold from Blacksmithing, especially if you have the Blue Plate PVP gear! I have made over 200k in the past 2 months from those items alone.

Make no money with bs lolwat? L2 make belt buckles man. Living steel usually costs 300g ea on my realm, buckles sell for about 600g-750g depending on the day. Thats over 300g profit ea. In cataclysm making money with it was easier, since buckles were made from elementium, and the profit margin was far more superior, but its still a very good method of making gold.

The retro weapons could be a great source of income if your willing to put in the effort

apart from that i find BS to be a bit of a bust most leveling gear doesnt sell that well ive found and like you said about the buckles unless you have a alchy alt

Deleted
    With Harmony things and the right recipe YES you can

Deleted
    I made 300k with BS when MoP hit, during 3 weeks - only by selling 450 plate pvp items.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make some money making entry level PVP gear, Transmog Items,or maybe some gear that'll get levelers a higher i-level to get into dungeons, but there's not much money in the trade, in my opinion. There are more self serving benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    if you are in BS for the money change professions
    Bad advice.

whilst i cant say i've ever made a lot of cash out of BS, it's probably because i've never really tried to.

however, i would take this moment to point out that there will be a BS levelling boost thing added in 5.2 - like they did with cooking. so yea, dont spend a fortune or hours grinding out various ores from around azeroth, as you'll be able to do it all with ghost iron in a couple of weeks.
    <insert witty signature here>