Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the Orc 1% wand expertise confirmed by Blizzard as a bug or is it intended?

Hi guys, look time lurker here

So I was thinking about race changing to orc because of the awesome racials for PvE, and the look in general. But I haven't dared yet cause I'm not sure if the wand "bug" is going to get fixed or not (yar I know Orc's will still be ahead in dps but not by as much). You guys know anything about this? I've been searching for a while but couldn't find any information about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it has been confirmed/denied anywhere, but it feels like a bug to me.

The reason that the Wands are giving expertise is because currently the system is not recognizing them as a weapon so it thinks we are unarmed which is the same as using Fist weapons.

What race are you now?

Yeah, I've heard something like that aswell, that why I'm so unsure because my server (Stormscale EU) is a heavy PvP server and UD which is my current race is the dominating PvP race (although I'm not PvPing that much for the moment). So I don't wanna change without gaining enough from it.

Just don't ask and take it as a compensation for fucking up demo, by putting only a wand as casterweapon in the whole raidloottables until the next raid will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Just don't ask and take it as a compensation for fucking up demo, by putting only a wand as casterweapon in the whole raidloottables until the next raid will be released.
    Ya I know, that's what's so sad about it :/ Why I started considering to switch in the first place. There are no other weapons to choose from...

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Apparently you didn't look at all the loot tables. There are 3 raids and at least 3-4 caster weapons, pending on what class you play. For Warlock there was a wand, sword and staff that I can think of offhand, possibly even a dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Apparently you didn't look at all the loot tables. There are 3 raids and at least 3-4 caster weapons, pending on what class you play. For Warlock there was a wand, sword and staff that I can think of offhand, possibly even a dagger.
    "until the next raid will be released"

That's Terrace of the Endless spring, 2 weeks from now. He is specifically lamenting the fact that Demo is saddled with, at best, the Inscription staff because there are no Hit caster weapons in Heart of Fear and it's only a Wand in MSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    "until the next raid will be released"

That's Terrace of the Endless spring, 2 weeks from now. He is specifically lamenting the fact that Demo is saddled with, at best, the Inscription staff because there are no Hit caster weapons in Heart of Fear and it's only a Wand in MSV.
    Guess each to their own. When "until the next raid is released" implies to me the next set of tier raids as the current raids are already released and in game, just not active. Either way better than some classes who don't really have any weapons available to them aside from one weapon as well so I guess I'm missing his point of "There's only one weapon at this moment and it's a wand." Not all weapons need to have hit either, that's why you have 14-15 other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Guess each to their own. When "until the next raid is released" implies to me the next set of tier raids as the current raids are already released and in game, just not active. Either way better than some classes who don't really have any weapons available to them aside from one weapon as well so I guess I'm missing his point of "There's only one weapon at this moment and it's a wand." Not all weapons need to have hit either, that's why you have 14-15 other slots.
    Terrace of the Endless Spring is the next raid that will be released. By "until the next raid is released" I mean that raid, that is now not available but in two weeks.

And just tell me: what are those alternatives, that you see?
    Right now there is only one casterweapon (with ilvl > 488) without spirit and that is the Elegon wand. All other casterweapons without spirit, regardless if they have hit or not, are drops from Terrace of the Endless Spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread derailed into nit picking fast.

OP: There is no official blue words on if a wand is supposed to be considered "unarmed" for the orc racial. However I'd consider it superior just because of the increased pet damage, blood fury and decreased stun duration. (It is a dps increase, remember when if you were an orc you coud cast spells in between halfus' stuns?)

How's touch of the grave though?
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Wow this thread derailed into nit picking fast.

OP: There is no official blue words on if a wand is supposed to be considered "unarmed" for the orc racial. However I'd consider it superior just because of the increased pet damage, blood fury and decreased stun duration. (It is a dps increase, remember when if you were an orc you coud cast spells in between halfus' stuns?)

How's touch of the grave though?
    Ya, I might've tried at the wrong time of the day or something, I don't know . But OT: Yeah I know, Orcs really are superior anyway. TotG is pretty meh. It's barely 1-2% of ur total DPS if even that, I guess it's decent for the self healing aswell but as it's a proc it will most often end in a pointless overheal anyway, and I haven't found any use for WotF in PvE yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blood Fury lines up very well with Dark Soul
    I pvp often on my warlock and it all stacks nicely with the on-use trinket, no complications unlike my engineering-paladin.

It's a double edged sword I get much use out of the pet damage increase but can't use wands as demo atm.

For PVE there is no question you should go orc.
    Guatama - Enhancement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Well Blood Fury lines up very well with Dark Soul
    I pvp often on my warlock and it all stacks nicely with the on-use trinket, no complications unlike my engineering-paladin.
    Until down the line when you get your 4pc reduced to an 80sec CD.

Personally if I was in your shoes I wouldn't Race Change. Unless you are in a top progression guild it really won't make a huge difference. And if you ever plan on going Affliction, having increase pet damage is almost irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    So I was thinking about race changing to orc because of the awesome racials for PvE, and the look in general. But I haven't dared yet cause I'm not sure if the wand "bug" is going to get fixed or not (yar I know Orc's will still be ahead in dps but not by as much).
    Regardless of it being a bug or not, it shouldn't be a factor in race change. You would only be gaining 1% expertise with one specific weapon type. You would be spending real life money for a trivial gain that would be replaced once you find a better weapon. Sure right now in the first tier of the expansion 1% hit is a nice thing and even later on it allows for some more focus on other stats. Even more so since one of the three available specializations can't (I know they can equip and use them but a bug prevents optimal/normal dps while having one equipped) use wands.

But it is still just a minor bit of hit that won't be as important in further tiers once hit is easily obtained just through normal gear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    im getting extra hut from using a dagger not sure how but i am

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    im getting extra hut from using a dagger not sure how but i am
    You are a gnome. And have the Racial trait Shortblade Specialization (http://www.wowpedia.org/Shortblade_Specialization). It grants 1% expertise when a dagger or one hand sword is equipped. And with Mists of Pandaria expertise is the same as hit, so casters benefit from it now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    no im an orc and im using a dagger and i dont need 5k to be hit capped

Even the 1% hit boost is not enough to make wands a true dps loss for demo. Its a loss to take a 489 wand over a 463 dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Even the 1% hit boost is not enough to make wands a true dps loss for demo. Its a loss to take a 489 wand over a 463 dagger.
    Not if you use Shaidar's macro with /stopattack...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Not if you use Shaidar's macro with /stopattack...
    This is what I was talking about. The bug with wanding instead of auto attacking as meta form, not the 1% expertise from the racial.

Also, off topic which macro?
    Guatama - Enhancement