Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Class quests for everyone?

I see that warlocks are getting their own island and green spell effects in 5.2 that is.

Anyone know if they will eventually make those class quest for every class?

Example:

Paladin: Red holy spell effects
    Rogues: Purple stealth
    etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they said they won't be doing more class quest, But of course...locks get more unique shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxs View Post
    I see that warlocks are getting their own island and green spell effects in 5.2 that is.

Example:

etc.
    I don't know about cosmetic quests like this, but they definitely should spread the MONK class quests, because they add flavor, teach you how to play and complement the leveling system.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592641917

this thread is a good read about it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    No, they said they won't be doing more class quest, But of course...locks get more unique shit.
    they never said this. they did say that they love class quests, but they need to be done right when it feels right, because more "class content" means less "all content".
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Single class Legendary

Rogues got their love!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=208882/w...ner-dave-kosak

"We love class-based quests, but we also want to feel that they should be cool."

"If we did quests for every class, that would be a huge time commitment. We've backed down a little with class-specific quests, but if we have cool ideas, we'll squeeze in class specific quests or areas like the Peak of Serenity."

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Single class Legendary

Rogues got their love!
    I think that was blizz's way to compensate rogues for poor aesthetics, boring gameplay and outdated mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think that was blizz's way to compensate rogues for poor aesthetics, boring gameplay and outdated mechanics
    Still a Class 'quest'
    I am happy with it (^^_)

Deleted
    I've mentioned this before, but I'd love for each class to have their own hub (a la Monks/Druids/DKs have now), each with their own faction. When whatever the next expansion hits, all the new abilities from 90-95 should be learned via long, awesome solo class questlines that teach you how to effectively use that ability. Right now, new abilities just float onto my action bar, and that's boring. I want to learn them from a master mage/hunter/monk whatever.

Additionally, the faction should give you quests that are tests of skill for your character. Remember the old Hunter epic quest, where you had to defeat four demons by kiting them? Like that. So you get to learn the nuances and tricky skills for your character that you might not otherwise know.

Monks are the closest to this, where you return for training, and each master you have to defeat requires a different skill or ability to defeat.
    Last edited by mmocb942b230af; 2013-01-25 at 12:45 PM.

They should've made class specific quests at every 10-15 levels to get new skills - with some overall story that culminates at max level

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm also up for race/class flying mounts as well!

It would be cool just to have a certain special CRZ-place where one class can chill for inter0faction chatting, training and stuff you'd normally find on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm also up for race/class flying mounts as well!
    green fire winged dreadsteeds

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxs View Post

Example:

etc.

not a chance, warlocks are simply being rewarded for having to try harder for the past 7 years

My only question is would it be justified for DKs to get some?

What could DKs get from class specific quests?

I mean, we did have an entire expansion based around us so if we didn't, I could understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacebwithu View Post
    not a chance, warlocks are simply being rewarded for having to try harder for the past 7 years
    Lol, having to try harder xD This isn't the fun stuff section, get ya jokes over there:P

Most classes used to have class quests. I hate that they changed that since it made you have a more vested interest in your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol, having to try harder xD This isn't the fun stuff section, get ya jokes over there:P

it wasnt a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well to be fair locks were only really good between the middle of vanilla and the end of TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    And at one point they said everyone would have "life time quests". Pay attention to what they do, not what they say.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    What I've been thinking of for a while now are race specific quests in terms of ability animations. Think about it, it would make perfect sense for some races to have different animations than others. Tauren paladins come to my mind, who get their power from the sun rather than the "light". Also Blood Elf palas aka Blood Knights. Race specific Acendance/Ghost wolve models for shamans. "Not-so-holy" Forsaken priests. Things like that.

I like the way they did the Monk quests. They focused on a specific ability and learning to use it effectively. The problem would be implementing that for every class because not every class has the same variety of spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My only question is would it be justified for DKs to get some?

What could DKs get from class specific quests?

I mean, we did have an entire expansion based around us so if we didn't, I could understand.
    I would say Wrath was based more on Tirion and the Argent Crusade than the Knights of the Ebon Blade.

Plus as a DK player I find Acherus to be really outdated. The Unholy trainer still thinks we can dispel diseases with Blood Plague!

I would like to see the Ebon Blade get some lore love since they seem to have vanished since Wrath. It would be interesting to see how they are struggling fitting in to a post-LK Azeroth.