Thread: New Class

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    "7. There would be little race limitations."

Actually, that's more a flaw than a quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    To this day, all new classes have been melee dps and tanks + healing for monk. It is likely that next will be pure caster.
    A pure caster would be limited by gear. You can't have a pure casting class in mail armor. It would case serious balance problems. Shaman work because they're caster/melee hybrids.

Also honestly, what school of magic isn't represented with existing classes? We have Nature, Arcane, Fire, Frost, Shadow, Fel, and Elemental covered. What's left?

Also they would need to be a hybrid of some sorts. Given the DPS queue times in LFR and LFD, I don't think Blizzard wants to make another pure class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A pure caster would be limited by gear. You can't have a pure casting class in mail armor. It would case serious balance problems. Shaman work because they're caster/melee hybrids.

Also honestly, what school of magic isn't represented with existing classes? We have Nature, Arcane, Fire, Frost, Shadow, Fel, and Elemental covered. What's left?

Also they would need to be a hybrid of some sorts. Given the DPS queue times in LFR and LFD, I don't think Blizzard wants to make another pure class.
    Im sorry so you melee as an elemental shaman? that point made NO sense. yea shaman have a melee SPEC, but they also have a caster spec, they can be and are casters, what wpuld be so different if blizz made a mail caster that uses 3 specs? I admit its a lot less likely then them just making a new ranged weapon class which is the obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furaii View Post
    Im sorry so you melee as an elemental shaman? that point made NO sense. yea shaman have a melee SPEC, but they also have a caster spec, they can be and are casters, what wpuld be so different if blizz made a mail caster that uses 3 specs? I admit its a lot less likely then them just making a new ranged weapon class which is the obvious choice.
    They gave Shaman mail armor BECAUSE of that melee spec. If not for that, they'd probably be wearing leather.

The point is, a pure caster in mail is a bad idea. A hybrid like a Spellbreaker or something like that could work though.

My MAIN issue though is that there aren't many schools of magic left to utilize for an entire class. Remember, you need to create three distinct specs from one class concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    I'd rather have a voodoo class :3
    Troll priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No new classes. Focus on the existing ones.
    Implementing 4th specs to some class would expand current roles and add depth to existing classes. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Troll priest.
    ehh.... shaman?
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    ehh.... shaman?
    Voodoo in Troll culture is a mix between Shadowpriest magic and Shamanism, so its all a matter of focus.

I've said it before but...
    Dracomancer or Dragon Knight, just any sort of "dragon" style class. A balance between magic and physical attacks. Ultimate form, much like Demo warlocks. Class flying form...

So many "fun" things blizzard could go with it.

Also we need furbolgs race!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    How would that work race wise?? Trolls and ~

If one of your lead arguments in favor of X class is because (NPC name here) is X class... it's not a good idea. You are not that NPC, and never will be, and if they do add it, before a week's out, there'll be a thousand players - probably including you - who'll try to badly imitate that NPC with all manner of name-misspellings and idiotic behavior.

My proof?
    All the DK's whose names are some mangling of "Arthas" and all the "ZOMG BLIZZ NEEDS DEEMUN HUNTARZ" threads that begin with the author drooling over Illidan.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    To this day, all new classes have been melee dps and tanks + healing for monk. It is likely that next will be pure caster.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by tyler200100 View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Well, casters or "ranged dps" is still far more numerous than melee dps.
    Mage x 3, lock x 3, hunter x 3, shaman x 1, priest x 1 (even tho holy beats shadow atm), druid x 1.
    DK x 2, Paladin x 1, Shaman x 1, Rogue x 3, warrior x 2, druid x 1, Monk x 1.
    unless I missed a class completely (tired as fuck) there's 12 ranged dps specs to pick from and only 10 melee specs.
    Yes mages, locks and hunters are "pure dps" and shouldn't be counted this way but we still have 3 cloth classes + healers in the game that basicly share gear and trinkets etc... Only way they could add another caster to the game at this point is to make paladins be able to go ranged dps in holy gear with dps caster offset items, call them exorcists or something.

Tank Shamans.
    Holy DPS Paladins.

those two should be the next "moves" that blizzard makes that would actually fill a "void" in the game atm, there's no mail tanks and apart from hunters and enh shamans nobody uses agi mail gear. Same deal with holy dps paladins, how often do you shard or vendor plate healing gear because your paladin has it or maybe it goes to that tank or dps paladin that is never gonna offspec anything at all? Also it would be very welcome in the paladin community that's missed it's playstyle since vanilla + tbc pre patch.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!