Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I loved Fury PvP in Cata, mostly played unrated and very low rated PvP at the time, though. I've PvP'd in MoP as Prot and Arms mainly because I got much more into rated PvP this xpac and there's always room for a flag carrier in oQueue RBGs and there's always someone looking for a tier 1 Arms for low-mid MMR PUG 2s and 3s. I would love to see Fury become a more desired spec in rated PvP, it's where I got my start as Warrior and the spec has a special place in my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    No CS reset, No PvP. Simple as that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

From WoW's history, we know that the only time fury becomes the "go to" pvp spec is when the class is all around absolutely shitty.

Even no, fury is way WAY too clunky to play well in pvp. ESPECIALLY now that overpower is going down to a 1 second gcd again. PvP is about having maximal control over your character, fury excels at rng. Fire mages kind of counter this idea but that's because they're pretty damn broken with how their procs work.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Yea fires can fish out procs and do MASSIVE damage, Furys need the RNG to do some damage. And oh god those RB stacks only last like 15sec.. i have been many times CCd and cant do other than watch those juicy 2 RBs fading away..

Furys good for lolstorming in BGs / 5s, nothing else. 5.2 might bring it on par with Arms tho, that 10rage cost on Overpower will break things. Seems like Blizz wants us to be in Battle stance? Well, that does work untill enemy team globals us.

I will play as fury in 5.2 and i will use PvE 2 hand weapon in my mainhand and PvP 2 hand weapon in my offhand. This is best way to do more damage in pvp as fury. Because Fury attack skills are doing %weapon damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    You got me interesting into giving fury another try. Can you define in what order and on what scenarios you use shockwave and stormbolt? How does warbringer stun, if you take it fits into the equation.

I've always thought of shockwave as a peel and control mechanic, not as an "increase my dps by decreasing parries" cd, therefore my previous question.
    Ah well tbh, It depends a lot of course. Warbringer is very good if you know that you can keep on your target and do switches a lot. Honestly, most of the time everyone just runs away from me, so most of the time I don't have the problem of ever getting a single parry, since casters or healers never parry. What about the other melees? They focus on my partner most of the time. So either I hit other the melee on the back or focus on the caster/healer... So you see why I don't even think about parries that much in general?

I also mainly use them for catching up or interrupting the opponent while trying to secure a kill, or to create pressure. Stormbolt for me is more like the last resort. If I know that it's better to burn the reck/banner and trinket to get the kill, I obviously start with shockwave because it does a lot of damage during all the stuff, save stormbolt for healer interrupt or use it to intercept the escape attempt when opponent starts to run on low hp. Even though stormbolt would DR in a chained burst situation, that extra 1.5s stun + 40-50k crit + potential HS crit on the same global could be "the last straw that broke the camel's back". Yes, I've seen stormbolt crit that much for a only 100% weapon damage attack for fury.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-02-10 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing a fury warrior on the ptr. I hate this shit spec but I played it. It definitely feels like it does more damage. Arms just feels terrible. Its much more rage starved, plus you get less resilience and less health. The sustained damage even feels weaker which is weird considering that's always Fury's problem.

Fury Warrior with 20% crit actually does damage. If anyone has ptr just try it out. I'm not a Warrior expert but I was blowing up bad players in BG's. Oh yeah, try and abuse Berserker stance to pool rage and swap to Defensive Stance. Battle Stance is terrible unless nobody is attacking you.

So since the other thread's died down I'll just put this here:

So they say battle fatigue doesn't work on the PTR. But why is it that second wind heals for 40% less during combat and ~60% less with an MS effect up during duels? I should be seeing second wind tick for 12-13k on PTR. What I see instead, consistently while in combat, is 7.5k and all the way down to 5.5-6k. The heal continues this way until I get out of combat.

On the other hand conversion constantly heals for 12-13k and never for any less (in unholy presence, same hp).
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So since the other thread's died down I'll just put this here:

So they say battle fatigue doesn't work on the PTR. But why is it that second wind heals for 40% less during combat and ~60% less with an MS effect up during duels? I should be seeing second wind tick for 12-13k on PTR. What I see instead, consistently while in combat, is 7.5k and all the way down to 5.5-6k. The heal continues this way until I get out of combat.

On the other hand conversion constantly heals for 12-13k and never for any less (in unholy presence, same hp).
    I don't think Battle Fatigue affects Conversion. It still affects second wind for some stupid reason. I even saw a DK on the ptr stacking stamina gems up to 600k health. He dueled a Ret Paladin and the duel never ended because both classes have insane healing.

Second Wind is terrible. With these gear levels, its should be fine to take it off battle fatigue. I still think Defensive Stance needs to be 25% even though its never going to happen. Warriors get blown up way too fast its sad. The thing that bothers me the most about Warriors is that there is zero healing outside of 35% health range. You basically have abilities that delay the inevitable like Shield Wall, Die By The Sword and Demoralizing Banner that get bursted through anyway.

People also seem to forget that Shockwave 40 second cool down is the biggest defensive nerf Warriors got. The reason Warriors seemed to "Not die" was because they could charge stun you and Shockwave stun you every 20 seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shockwave... is the biggest defensive nerf Warriors got
    wow, it turned out to be defensive cooldown, why did I do while this defensive cooldown so often then
    Fury will never be better then Arms in PvP (and it mustn't be), but it finally can be closely equal and depend on personal playstyle preferences
    Last edited by Evida; 2013-02-11 at 01:50 AM.

Deleted
    Well i like furry but that rage now....I use TG fury and the spec is pretty funny if you fight in random BGs with 1-2 healers behind you just pop zerker stance and jump on group of botz making masscare

Fury didn't work in arena for long time and it will still not work. the reason is still the same, and will remain as it is- any decent team with rogue/hunter/druid will dispell your enrage right away. and without enrage, even prot warr does more damage./
    Last edited by Biggyeu; 2013-02-17 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    wow, it turned out to be defensive cooldown, why did I do while this defensive cooldown so often then
    Fury will never be better then Arms in PvP (and it mustn't be), but it finally can be closely equal and depend on personal playstyle preferences

fury was better then arms in s5,so it did happen and could happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    fury was better then arms in s5,so it did happen and could happen again.
    s5 fury was better than arms because arms was literally the worst spec in the history of the game at that point.

TfB for the overpower procs was a 30% chance which meant our only buttons were ms, whirlwind and heroic strike for abilities (plus casted slam without cast time reduction in arms) and we didn't have unrelenting assault at that time.

Deleted
    I still think with the change to wildstrike alot more people might roll with fury, It wont contend on the higher scale but lower rating im sure will do decent.