Hello!

Before starting here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ditos/advanced
    and here is some logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1271&e=1468 [WIPE]

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=1565&e=1980 [KIll]

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=2387&e=2809 [KILL]

I dont know how to read logs so i cant analyze them by myself ><
    Barely can do 60k dps on 5 min test on fighting dummy and i feel i should be doing bit more

My rotation is:
    -Prepot before pull
    -Drop Fire elemental (glyphed)
    -Cast Flame shock
    -Cast Lavasurge
    -Cast Elemental blast
    -Cast lightning bolt
    -after that: Cast lavasurge if flame shock is on the target, cast flame shock if Dot is under 3-5 seg, cast elemental blast, if flame shock timer is good and got 5+ lightning shield then cast earthshock

What i m doing wrong?
    maybe my gear composition? also got another variaty of trinkets:
    Light of the cosmos LFR and blossom of pure snow (Shado pan triknet)

thank you in advance
    Last edited by Editos; 2013-01-25 at 12:54 AM.

You should try this opening rotation:
    Prepot (Try to get as close as you can to before the actual pull, so you have more duration of the potion)
    Elemental Blast
    Flame Shock
    Lava Burst
    Fire Elemental
    Stormlash Totem
    Ascendance
    Lava Burst spam

After the duration of Ascendance is finished, you should continue to use your normal priority.
    Lava Burst every time it is off cooldown, Elemental Blast every time it's off cooldown, Earth Shock when you have 5-7 Lightning Shield charges, and try your best to clip Flame Shock, which means to cast it when Flame Shock's duration is under 1 second. Then you proceed to use Lightning Bolt as your filler.

checking your logs and mine, overall i'd say its a lack of ABC

Always
    Be
    Casting

my kill was about 10 seconds faster on heroic admittedly (blade lord) but that makes no difference really, and i cast like 12 more lightning bolts and 13 more lava bursts and did many more fulminations (althought i have 4 set) overall it just seems you're not casting as much as you should be doing. and i run with less haste more mastery and im not counting overloads here so you really should cast more than i do.

5 trinket uses in 7 minute fight, should be at least 6 really even if you cant use all 15 seconds it better than not using it.

only 1 stormlash totem? 5 minutes it should be used twice more importantly for your group than yourself for 1 GCD its like 1 million raid damage (10man)

your trinkets seem fine the other 2 you mentioned are worse.

try use your on use trinket WITH searing totem, this should remind you to do both, also after 1 minute into the fight you should be dropping searing, dropping earth ele, use trinket, and keep repeating with searing/trinket every 1 minute, on blade lord specifically you could redrop searing if its near ending as he vanishes since u cannot hit him.

just trying always keep using trinket/searing/be casting have 0 downtime, ele has great mobility and we really cant afford to lose a global at anytime.

Deleted
    - as mentioned above, caster ABC: always be casting

Some other issues:
    - you have logged out in your resto gear so I cannot comment on that
    - the Fire Elemental glyph is not always better, most of the time leaving it out is better - depends on fight length - read stickies/google when to use it
    - try out Primal Elementarist instead of EB, difference is only a few percent but the rotation is way easier - this has helped a lot of people learning Elemental (you can always switch back)
    - Earthquake rarely is good AE damage, need a lot of adds that will also live for the full duration

Looking specifically at your Vizier Zor'Lok kill, you seem to have most things right, but it's the details:

Your kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=1565&e=1980
    My last kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...=11336&e=11656

Granted, I probably have some better DPS specific gear than you. However, here are couple things to improve:

1. You had a fight that was almost 7 minutes long, but only used Ascendance twice. You should easily have gotten a third in there (1 at 0-10 seconds, 2nd at ~3 min mark, 3rd at ~6 min). Ascendance is probably the biggest part of our damage overall. Missing even one use in a fight is a huge DPS loss.
    2. Never used Earth Elemental. I think the standard platforms for normal Zor'Lok no longer are random. It's always Force & Verve platform, Attenuation, Mind Control, then middle. You should easily have done Fire Elemental for the first platform, snuck in Earth Elemental on the 2nd, and had Fire Elemental back up for the last part of the fight.
    3. Only used Lifeblood once. Personally I don't think Herbalism is an optimal profession, but if you've got it: Use it. At the very least time it with Ascendance.
    4. Were you mind controlled that fight? The Earthquake and the melee attack seem to make me think so.

Deleted
    @Kinnetik

For your information:

You can easily check in the debuff list, if he was mind controlled.
    He had the debuff "Convert" 2 times for a total of 25.5 seconds. That alone is a large dps loss in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    @Kinnetik

For your information:

You can easily check in the debuff list, if he was mind controlled.
    He had the debuff "Convert" 2 times for a total of 25.5 seconds. That alone is a large dps loss in my opinion.
    Ah, you are correct. I kept looking at the Buffs Cast tab instead of the Buffs Gained tab.

I agree it is a sizable dps loss, however it still doesn't account for the neglect of CDs I mentioned. I would say overall he's playing well and some of it could very well be gear related.

I myself saw huge increase in overall DPS while doing the exact same thing over the course of specific fights just getting higher spellpower weapons, finally getting tier pieces, and quality trinkets.

Thank you everybody for your comments!
    really helped a lot, just a little question, is worth to glyph the lighting bolt for most of the fights?
    like imperial viz, blade lord, windlord, and amber-sharper?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    really helped a lot, just a little question, is worth to glyph the lighting bolt for most of the fights?
    Unless you are fully able to be a turret and/or have SWG up for EVERY SINGLE time that you have to move (including dodging crap), yes, Unleashed Lightning is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armoury show 13.40% hit, with 1% racial, you are 14.40% hit, try get hit cap, it is usually highly recommended.

Edit: Also leg enchant. Crit isn't overly great (but not useless) for Elemental, I myself would have gone for the Int/Spirit enchant, and reforge excess hit/spirit into haste/mastery.

Fire Elemental gylph isn't overly great, it has its use on certain fight where the length will favour it, the other times it will be a plain dps loss, not worth it IMO.
    Last edited by Grym; 2013-01-27 at 01:51 AM.

the mind boggles....attenuation, blade tempest, moving to next mark when too many tornadoes in 1 area, running from amber scalpel moving to gather or get out of a pool etc....unleashed lightning is almost mandatory(some of this maybe heroic only i cant remember normal), any fights you can find a way to not glyph it, if you are for some reason forced to move a couple of times(bad rng) and you dont have SWG you already lost out by not using the glyph.

You should almost always, if not always, use Unleashed Lightning, it becomes a DPS gain if you are moving something in the neighborhood of 2 seconds per minute, which is pretty much every single fight other than the actual Patchwerk.

One more question, i m about to drop herbalist and 'power level' tailoring 1-600 (a few mats still missing) is it really a powerfull profession for ele shaman?

One more question, i m about to drop herbalist and 'power level' tailoring 1-600 (a few mats still missing) is it really a powerfull profession for ele shaman?
    Tailoring is in line with other non-gathering professions. As Ele you can squeeze a bit more out of lightweave procs by timing them with ascendance, as with other CDs. It's right there in line with inscription, alchemy mixology, leatherworking, engineering, blacksmithing, and enchanting. They pretty much all give 320 main stat bonus, where lightweave works out to be slightly higher at around 340 (referencing Twintop's profession analysis at the start of the xpac on his blog).