Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Garalon 10 man - PLEASE help!

Ok so we just killed heroic emperor last night and we started attempts on Heroic Garalon and they did NOT go well. With 3 healers we could not stay alive past 50%. I know that something is terribly wrong when this is a 2 healer fight. We are back in there tonight at 8:15 pm PST. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

- Ruberduckie

- - - - - - - - - - -

WoL Logs from last night... oh I can't post a link since this is my first post...on WoL look up Skywall US > Team Foosa > 1.23.13 Raid
    We had about 8 pulls on him.

Current Pheromone rotation: Brewmaster, Disc Priest, Blood DK, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman

Raid Makeup:

TANKS
    - Death Knight
    - Brewmaster

HEALERS
    - Holy Pally
    - Resto Shaman
    - Disc Priest (Has Smite off spec...could have them go shadow)
    (we have a slightly under geared Resto Monk that is sitting)

DPS
    - Arms Warrior
    - Rogue
    - Ele Shaman
    - Warlock
    - Hunter

You most likely aren't getting a decent amounts of adds killed, make sure your dps is clearing out the spirit realm to the best of their ability while they get the damage buff.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well judging from logs and what you said I don't think you guys had enough in your pheromone rotation. We typically start with the two tanks then have the remaining 8 of us rotate the pheromones. Also you are letting pheromones stack too high. I see you getting stack amounts above 25 which is where the unhealable damage is coming from. With the whole raid running pheromones you can cut the switch point down to 17-ish which DRASTICALLY reduces raid damage. We 3 heal it as well (though we could probably swing 2 healing it). The real determining factor there is if your dps can do enough damage to beat the enrage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=3653&e=4070

Thanks for the reply but I believe you read Heroic Gara'jal instead of Heroic Garalon

Deleted
    I don't mean to be offensive, but if you want to have any hope of getting a decent progression kick your disc priest, it's the worst player I've seen outside of lfr. He has no, zero, nada clue on how to play disc, he's standing around doing nothing for 50% of the fight (might be related to the fact that he's clueless and empties his mana pool spamming PW:S), he's standing in phermone pools, he's (repeatedly) getting hit by furious swipes. It's honestly not an issue that can be solved by reading up on strats or giving him advice, he's beyond all hope, have him spec shadow and don't give him a job that involves any type of responsibility (phermone kiting) to minimize the damage he can cause if you want to keep him around.

Haven't really looked into it more, replacing him with your monk (even if your monk is in 450 ilvl gear) should at least get you way further, you do have quite few ppl in the phermone rotation though (wouldn't matter if your disc did his job). If you decide to use two healers (it's perfectly doable with 3 if your dps is solid) don't have them kite, if you have 3 let them.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-25 at 02:05 AM.

We did 15 stacks 2 healing it with Rshaman/disc priest in our off night 10 man. We were probably a bit more geared than you guys but healing never really seemed tight. We had a boomkin tranq about 50-60%, you guys can healthstone/rallying for any crush that seems risky.

We 2 healed it. You'll need around 8 people to kite once each. Swap the stacks ~5 seconds before crush comes (look at your timers). If you have a high stack rolling during crush stun it's probably a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive, but if you want to have any hope of getting a decent progression kick your disc priest, it's the worst player I've seen outside of lfr. He has no, zero, nada clue on how to play disc, he's standing around doing nothing for 50% of the fight (might be related to the fact that he's clueless and empties his mana pool spamming PW:S), he's standing in phermone pools, he's (repeatedly) getting hit by furious swipes. It's honestly not an issue that can be solved by reading up on strats or giving him advice, he's beyond all hope, have him spec shadow and don't give him a job that involves any type of responsibility (phermone kiting) to minimize the damage he can cause if you want to keep him around.

Haven't really looked into it more, replacing him with your monk (even if your monk is in 450 ilvl gear) should at least get you way further, you do have quite few ppl in the phermone rotation though (wouldn't matter if your disc did his job). If you decide to use two healers (it's perfectly doable with 3 if your dps is solid) don't have them kite, if you have 3 let them.
    I am confused, the logs show 97% activity and top heals. What am I reading wrong?
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he meant the disc priest from the OP's parse Dave. I already know Durrp is a stud :-P

Their parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4962&e=5235

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what your overall gear levels are, but I would highly doubt you could two heal heroic garalon if you just killed Emperor, we killed emperor yesterday and got garalon down on heroic tonight with 3 healers and it was touch and go at times.

Basically, you need 7 people rotating the debuff, and perhaps as many as 8 near the end of the fight due to the 4 min debuff people get when they take them.

We tried swapping the debuff before a crush to limit the amount of damage on the raid when we were stunned, our healers were H.Pala (me), Resto Druid and a Resto Shaman, our log's are here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...d/?s=125&e=541

As you can see, we only just managed to kill him before he beserked, we actually had a few tries last night after our first Emperor Kill and got him to 11% but someone died earlier and couldn't manage it.

With regard to the stacks, treat them as you do on normal...AIM for 20 stacks BUT always swap BEFORE a crush IF your stacks are getting too high, by high I mean 13+ and crush is in 10 seconds, this is where and why you need possibly 8 people taking them. We used Bloodlust at the start as we felt it made more of a difference due to the last phase being rather easy to heal, have all your ranged nuke the body and melee on legs and don't bother trying to keep any legs up for the last phase, just nuke them down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    I think he meant the disc priest from the OP's parse Dave. I already know Durrp is a stud :-P

Their parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4962&e=5235
    Ahhhh big difference. I knew I was missing something

But to be fair he only got hit with 3 swipes in 9 tries. Which is less then most of their raid. But I am guessing telling them to kick the Dsc Priest isn't constructive.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2013-01-25 at 02:21 AM.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I don't know what your overall gear levels are, but I would highly doubt you could two heal heroic garalon if you just killed Emperor, we killed emperor yesterday and got garalon down on heroic tonight with 3 healers and it was touch and go at times.
    Their gear (at least most of the raid) is actually amazing considering their progress. Looking at the logs a bit more this:

With regard to the stacks, treat them as you do on normal...AIM for 20 stacks BUT always swap BEFORE a crush IF your stacks are getting too high, by high I mean 13+ and crush is in 10 seconds, this is where and why you need possibly 8 people taking them.
    Seems to be the cause of many of their wipes (excluding shitty healing).

Wow! Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond and so quickly too! With all this info I think i have a new strat that will equal a kill tonight...at the very least getting us to hit enrage timer. I just spent an hour talking with my Disc Priest and while you guys may think they're a lost cause I'm pretty sure tonight will be completely different. I will post our logs after tonight's raid and see what you guys think of our priests changes.

Deleted
    You're welcome (sorry for being a dick^^). I'd be delighted if you proved me wrong, looking forward to the logs!
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-25 at 04:06 AM.

We killed him on our 6th pull! And our priest turned everything around and freaking ROCKED it! I did spend an hour with her and talked her through all the things I needed changed and she did everything I asked. Good leadership is not dead!

Once again I can't put the link in but if you go to:
    Worldoflogs.com > Skywall US > Team Foosa > 01.24.13 Raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberduckie View Post
    We killed him on our 6th pull! And our priest turned everything around and freaking ROCKED it! I did spend an hour with her and talked her through all the things I needed changed and she did everything I asked. Good leadership is not dead!

Once again I can't put the link in but if you go to:
    Worldoflogs.com > Skywall US > Team Foosa > 01.24.13 Raid
    I dunno if anyone has mentioned it already but u can also use your rogue as a tank for the future and just put one more dps. Makes it a lot easier.

Deleted
    Your dk can easily go dps spec and gear on this fight and just soak the damage with monk tank.
    I see you guys killed it allready, but thats a future tip :P.

You're welcome (sorry for being a dick^^). I'd be delighted if you proved me wrong, looking forward to the logs!
    When you get a chance i would love for you to take a look at the logs from our Heroic Garalon kill last night. Priest did 50k dps and 70k hps. Not too shabby, right?

Deleted
    Did check them out and responded, seems like my reply didn't get posted though:P. Your disc is indeed doing a lot better, she's still focusing way more on atonement healing/dps than I did during that fight (even using sw), but I suppose she might be able/had to do that with 3 (we were using 2) healers. She's not really getting hit by anything (trail/swipes) stupid at all, if this isn't due to her not kiting (haven't looked that closely at the logs) she's doing incredibly well compared to last time. Gratz on the kill!

Did check them out and responded, seems like my reply didn't get posted though:P. Your disc is indeed doing a lot better, she's still focusing way more on atonement healing/dps than I did during that fight (even using sw), but I suppose she might be able/had to do that with 3 (we were using 2) healers. She's not really getting hit by anything (trail/swipes) stupid at all, if this isn't due to her not kiting (haven't looked that closely at the logs) she's doing incredibly well compared to last time. Gratz on the kill!
    Thanks! We were super stoked. Yes we were 3 healing and everyone was a pheromone kiter except for the two melee dps. We put her number 8 at which point I believe we had hit 33% so pheromones where much easier to deal with, but nonetheless she improved a lot. Thanks again for the help. Now we just have to finish the last 42% on Wind Lord and onto Heroic Lei Shi!