Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    Just make it trinket-able, and the spell will be fine imo then. If not, just kite and use peels. Low rated players 2v2 vs double monk will feel like pulling their hair out, which the game isn't balanced around anyways, but 3v3 doesn't seem to hard to counter.
    people like you are really hilarious,its funny to see the its-fine-it-can-be-countered-crowd pop up,hai
    behind you is the chaos wave crowd,5Tfb-crowd,stampede-crowd,and whatever the hell else thinks they're so smart when they've found a way to counter their op ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It can, and will be countered.

If the monk puts it on themselves, keeping them slowed, stunned or snared is going to ensure that they're not causing any harm with it. If they place it on a friendly target, the same applies. If it is placed on one of your team mates, you simply move away from them.

Having your partner silenced for a few seconds is just something you're going to have to deal with. I want there to be things in PvP that can't be countered. I hate the fact that everything has a button to push, to cure it, but if you run out of those buttons you're fucked.

I'd much prefer a slower pace of PvP, where it is your skill entirely that matters, not if you had to push a button 30 seconds earlier, so there is fuck all you can do now.
    What is your arena rating, 1200-1300? It can't be countered. It either completly messes up a melee teams burst and will destroy their attempt to score a kill or it's a sure way to ensure your own team will land a kill.

8 second aren't "a few seconds", 8 seconds is a hell of a long time. Just line up your burst, start bursting one of the enemies and put RoP onto their healer. He is now taken out of the game for !8! seconds without being able to use an trinket or dispell it. And it gives your own team lots of time to apply the next CC onto him building up an insane ammount of pressure.

Deleted
    Blizzard came to their senses on this one it seems;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=51#1020

Its been posted here and there but i dont think everyone has seen it yet.

New RoP is fine with me

Clearly an acceptable version now.

Eh. It's still an insane counter to DKs.

3 sec lockout is hardly an insane counter to dk. and then any char that has a weapon chain effect only disarmed for 1.5s. and it says not silenced unless you cast a harmful spell does that mean you can still cast healing spells while in it?

Looks like the new change made it more reasonable. It won't interfere with healing anymore, though melee will still be in trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Clearly an acceptable version now.
    But it is not worth it to get now, I might as well just grab the stun now. Would it have been that hard to just been able to cast it on friendly targets?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But it is not insanely overpowered anymore so no point to get it now, I might as well just grab the stun now. Would it have been that hard to just been able to cast it on friendly targets?
    Fixed that for you and all the other monks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The problem is that it is not just castable on friendly but also on enemy targets. The monk can just place it on the enemy healer and there is nothing anyone could do about it. Place it on the enemy healer, swap onto said healer with all cd's and have an 8 second window in which the healer can't do a damn and you yourself are impervious to any melee meddling with you killing the healer.
    After those 8 seconds you still have all your interrupts stuns and other stuff left. Or just cast it on the enemy healer and zerg an DPS in the time CCing the healer as soon as RoP wears of or even before that.
    Question: Does it disarm AND silence you? Because if not, it is pretty obvious what you can do if the enemy monk cast it on you as a healer/caster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Fixed that for you and all the other monks
    Was it really hard for you to get out of it? Are people just unskilled? At the way it is now if you pretty much have to be stacking or standing right next to them for it to even work. There a point when somethings get nerfed to much and this is at that point. I would rather the range aoe stun then this.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Was it really hard for you to get out of it? Are people just unskilled? At the way it is now if you pretty much have to be stacking or standing right next to them for it to even work. There a point when somethings get nerfed to much and this is at that point. I would rather the range aoe stun then this.
    Its amazing how you still dont know how RoP worked before nerf. Im speachless. I wont comment on anything more you have to say or i will probably be infracted or banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Its amazing how you still dont know how RoP worked before nerf. Im speachless. I wont comment on anything more you have to say or i will probably be infracted or banned.
    I did know how it worked. I even tried it. It was an aoe silence/disarm that you could either put on a friendly or enemy target. Yes being able to put it on a enemy target is overpowered but besides that the talent was sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Pubic Test Realm. Provide your feedback (Although, I would work on the content of said feedback) on the Official Forums, backed up with proof and evidence, and I am sure Blizzard will take notice and make alterations.

Alternatively, you could just make a silly statement on a community site, do nothing about it, whine, complain and moan as it goes live in its current state then make a thread about how you're going to quit, or you're raging because "the Panda Class just kicked my ass and I hate that!".
    given how much dumb crap made it out of beta, on to the ptr and then onto live with out getting caught. i fully expect it to go live in it's current state.

ring of peace sounds like it should be a magic effect, having it behave as a physical effect would be a little counter intuitive.

and if chaos wave taught us anything its that its not unknown for magic effects to behave like physical effects and for it not to be common knowledge ( how long did it take us to figure out you could BoP it?)
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    I still kinda think that Ring of Peace is a little OP. It's closer to balanced as it is, now, and could go live like this, but I think the silence component should be removed altogether. As it is, you have 8 seconds where a melee class is disarmed and can't use a fair amount of their abilities against you. That's reasonable. With a balance druid you can get the Solar Beam effect and add an immobile silence zone to it. That would be extremely frustrating, but to the opponent it wouldn't feel like you're combatting an OP mechanic - you CAN still have the silence effect if you combine it, but you have to stay within the Solar Beam zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss