Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you dispel Ring of Peace?

Or is it a physical effect? Thus, can it be BoPed off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if the Wowhead tooltip is to be believed, it's a physical spell. So no = /
    Last edited by kollick; 2013-01-25 at 03:21 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    I saw a warrior dual-wielding rogues dual-wielding Shadowmournes yesterday.
    Too bad he was frostfire spec and couldn't make full use of them.

yay another non specific spell that behaves counterintuitively and is op as a result.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to say it'll never make it to live in its current incarnation, but who am I kidding. It's a mobile, undispellable silence & disarm super utility spell. Melee and casters alike shall tremble before it. And knowing Blizzard's track record with such things, it won't get tweaked into a reasonable state until its far, far too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    I saw a warrior dual-wielding rogues dual-wielding Shadowmournes yesterday.
    Too bad he was frostfire spec and couldn't make full use of them.

There must be some things that counter it. If it's a physical attack then blessing of protection should work against it but I havnt been on ptr so no clue. What if you CC the person with the ring?

It doesn't work like smoke bomb. The target is still targetable. Just kite when its up/ have your teammate peel for you. It's going to be more brutal for the double melee cleave teams that stack trying to burst down a single target than anything else. It's not going to be OP as people are making it out to be. The good arena players will counter it pretty easily. If they find it's too op the only thing i see them changing is making it a 3 min cd instead of 2 min.
    Last edited by liljc711; 2013-01-25 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    It doesn't work like smoke bomb. The target is still targetable. Just kite when its up/ have your teammate peel for you. It's going to be more brutal for the double melee cleave teams that stack trying to burst down a single target than anything else. It's not going to be OP as people are making it out to be. The good arena players will counter it pretty easily. If they find it's too op the only thing i see them changing is making it a 3 min cd instead of 2 min.
    Ill just leave this here;

Ring of Peace Feedback
    We are very aware that Ring of Peace is quite an overpowered ability right now and we are still working on it quite heavily. Expect to see more changes coming for Ring of Peace soon. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-cant-go-live/

When even the devs find something OP you can be sure that it is insanely OP.
    This is getting nerfed somehow unless devs get yet another meltdown.

Here's hoping this ability gets scrapped completely from the game!
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-01-25 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    The problem is that it is not just castable on friendly but also on enemy targets. The monk can just place it on the enemy healer and there is nothing anyone could do about it. Place it on the enemy healer, swap onto said healer with all cd's and have an 8 second window in which the healer can't do a damn and you yourself are impervious to any melee meddling with you killing the healer.
    After those 8 seconds you still have all your interrupts stuns and other stuff left. Or just cast it on the enemy healer and zerg an DPS in the time CCing the healer as soon as RoP wears of or even before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The problem is that it is not just castable on friendly but also on enemy targets. The monk can just place it on the enemy healer and there is nothing anyone could do about it. Place it on the enemy healer, swap onto said healer with all cd's and have an 8 second window in which the healer can't do a damn and you yourself are impervious to any melee meddling with you killing the healer.
    After those 8 seconds you still have all your interrupts stuns and other stuff left. Or just cast it on the enemy healer and zerg an DPS in the time CCing the healer as soon as RoP wears of or even before that.
    Last time i gave this argument i got this as an answer: "Yeah.. its op if you cast it on the enemy. But who does that?".

The level of ignorance from players defending this ability is horrifying to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    yay another non specific spell that behaves counterintuitively and is op as a result.
    Pubic Test Realm. Provide your feedback (Although, I would work on the content of said feedback) on the Official Forums, backed up with proof and evidence, and I am sure Blizzard will take notice and make alterations.

Alternatively, you could just make a silly statement on a community site, do nothing about it, whine, complain and moan as it goes live in its current state then make a thread about how you're going to quit, or you're raging because "the Panda Class just kicked my ass and I hate that!".

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Here's hoping this ability gets scrapped completely from the game!
    Don't hold your breathe, you'll die!

This ability is about balancing Monks and actually making them worth while in PvP. We're trash in PvP currently, but I do agree it is an overpowered ability at the moment. I feel though that it can be very easily countered in many ways, so anyone worth a damn will be able to deal with this accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I feel though that it can be very easily countered in many ways, so anyone worth a damn will be able to deal with this accordingly.
    The thing is that it cant be "very easily countered in many ways" tho. Thats just bullshit and everyone "worth a damn" knows this too.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    The thing is that it cant be "very easily countered in many ways" tho. Thats just bullshit and everyone "worth a damn" knows this too.
    It can, and will be countered.

If the monk puts it on themselves, keeping them slowed, stunned or snared is going to ensure that they're not causing any harm with it. If they place it on a friendly target, the same applies. If it is placed on one of your team mates, you simply move away from them.

Having your partner silenced for a few seconds is just something you're going to have to deal with. I want there to be things in PvP that can't be countered. I hate the fact that everything has a button to push, to cure it, but if you run out of those buttons you're fucked.

I'd much prefer a slower pace of PvP, where it is your skill entirely that matters, not if you had to push a button 30 seconds earlier, so there is fuck all you can do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It can, and will be countered.

If the monk puts it on themselves, keeping them slowed, stunned or snared is going to ensure that they're not causing any harm with it. If they place it on a friendly target, the same applies. If it is placed on one of your team mates, you simply move away from them.

Having your partner silenced for a few seconds is just something you're going to have to deal with. I want there to be things in PvP that can't be countered. I hate the fact that everything has a button to push, to cure it, but if you run out of those buttons you're fucked.

I'd much prefer a slower pace of PvP, where it is your skill entirely that matters, not if you had to push a button 30 seconds earlier, so there is fuck all you can do now.
    It's counterable like 5 stacks of taste for blood.
    That was not defendable.
    RoP is not defendable.
    If a monk put it on your healer while nuking him, he will be silenced for 8s (an eternity), getting probably stunned after, taking damage, with your melee friend who cant peel for him because he's silenced and disarmed.
    Oh, and your healer cant trinket that. Good luck.
    That spell is not balancing monks in PvP, that's giving them a 2min IWIN button.

Depending on the group comp, you may have to just save your trinket if place on you. Then what are they gonna do? dr you with stuns? You're not fighting them solo you have partners and peels for a reason. Everyone always sees new as OP since they themselves didn't get the spell. It's strong yes, but it will just force others to be as counter strong with their cds. The game will balance itself around this new level of strategic game play.

you may have to just save your trinket if place on you.
    You cannot trinket ring of peace.
    Also can cannot trinket fist of fury.

I always wanted to get locked down for 12 seconds without being able to trinket. They should make my fear untrinketalbe and undispelable #Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    You cannot trinket ring of peace.
    Also can cannot trinket fist of fury.

I always wanted to get locked down for 12 seconds without being able to trinket. They should make my fear untrinketalbe and undispelable #Fair.
    I know you're making a joke, but what the game needs is more fair balance, not balancing against overpowered abilities. I highly doubt we'll see Ring of Peace go live in its current state, where you can't trinket it, and I believe that they may add the option to dispel it also.

Just make it trinket-able, and the spell will be fine imo then. If not, just kite and use peels. Low rated players 2v2 vs double monk will feel like pulling their hair out, which the game isn't balanced around anyways, but 3v3 doesn't seem to hard to counter.

Deleted
    I highly doubt we'll see Ring of Peace go live in its current state, where you can't trinket it, and I believe that they may add the option to dispel it also.
    It will, mark my words it will.

Just make it trinket-able, and the spell will be fine imo then. If not, just kite and use peels. Low rated players 2v2 vs double monk will feel like pulling their hair out, which the game isn't balanced around anyways, but 3v3 doesn't seem to hard to counter.
    Even if trinketable, it will remain too much OP.
    There is no spell in the game that grants you that much advantage that you need to save your trinket for at all costs. Trinket is something you need to save for a situation, not a single spell.

If this was live, 3v3 arena would look like this...

Monk team sets up for kill. Blanket silence healer for 8 seconds. 4 second fist of fury stun the kill target. Neither can trinket.