Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Going on third year married to my wife whom I met in WoW. She was my Guild Leader
    thats scandalist!
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not pathetic, a married woman shouldnt be sharing topless photos. Serves her right
    Yes it is pathetic that he went along with it. She didn't really deserve it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Its not a generalization if ive never once seen the opposite. Well, there are some good looking ones. But they just use there boobs to get stream viewers
    Just wow..

I met a good good friend on wow about 3 years ago - can't say we've met up (1034 miles) but we skype almost every day even tho I quit wow a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Yes it is pathetic that he went along with it. She didn't really deserve it.
    Why would you send nude photos to nerds on the internet when your MARRIED? Her fault. Something similiar happened on my old server Earthen Ring. Except they went up on the old realm forums for a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just handfasted in May, with my fiance whom I met in a guild on Proudmoore.us.
    So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I ruined the marriage of a girl I met on wow once, her husband was in the guild and I got her to send topless photos to me. Posted them on the guild's message board on a throw-away account. The drama was amazing! They are now divorced. I feel like I saved that man.
    Tough love. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    In WOW? No. But I met my wife in a chat rpg forum of good old CompuServe back in the 90's.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm marrying the girl I met on WoW
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    I meet more girls on WoW than outdoors. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I met my wife in WoW 6 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

No.. whenever I meet a girl on WoW the whole male population of my guild defends her as if she is the rarest gem in the whole world.
    Either that or they think talking like a baby and making strange pouting noises on mic gets them loot..

I've only met 1 girl that did non of the above.. so no..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My moms friend found her current husband that way... I'm probably just stereotyping... but if most guys who play this game are fat, then that makes me inclined to believe that most girls who play are fat as well... I like fitness and well... there's not much of my kind in WoW... trust me, I've seen enough chicks in WoW to know you're better off just recognizing them by their voice or ingame name... I don't want to know what behemoth lies on the other side of that mic.
    There used to be a joke in the earliest days of Internet chat rooms; it went something like:

Q: How do you pick up chicks online?
    A: ...with a forklift.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Story time!

About six or seven years ago a friend/co-worker of mine used to play FFXI with me. She was about 45, married with two kids (though in the process of getting a divorce.) She met a guy in game and they hit it off. They emailed and talked on the phone for close to a year and then decided to meet.

He was going to fly out here for a week. My friend took the week off of work, made plans and arrangements and everything, and the guy never showed.

My friend was devastated. Those of us who knew about this told her to just end the 'relationship' and move on but she really liked the guy and somehow forgave him. A few months later he was going to come and meet her again, and AGAIN he didn't show, and AGAIN she forgave him.

That's when she decided that she was going to go out and meet him instead. Everyone kept telling her how that was an unbelievably stupid and dangerous thing to do but she did it anyway.

When she finally met the guy she realized why he blew her off the other times. 'He' was actually a 23 year old girl. They still liked each other though and in the end 'he' came back with my friend and they moved in together. The two of them and the kids now live together and 'he' went through gender reassignment treatments to become a guy for real.

Its not a generalization if ive never once seen the opposite. Well, there are some good looking ones. But they just use there boobs to get stream viewers

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 10:05 PM ----------

Its not pathetic, a married woman shouldnt be sharing topless photos. Serves her right
    So, anecdotal evidence then? I've never seen an elephant, does that mean they don't exist? It's unfair that you lump all of one gender into one nasty group, based on a few interactions you've had.

No, but for some reason I had an awful lot of people pursuing me in a previous game. Back during Everquest's heyday, I had multiple couples as friends who met in-game and got together. One is still happily married. I knew a Dominant/submissive couple who met in-game and who wanted me to come join them irl. And I knew a married couple from Kansas who played EQ together. REALLY good-looking people, smart, sweet as could be. They both wanted me to come to their seasonal "adult party"... that is, their regularly scheduled orgy.

I hesitate to relate this next part. My first guild broke up basically because several people in it were absolutely certain that I was a woman and that they were in love with me. Keep in mind that this was in like 1999, so there was fairly little to do to inarguably prove one's identity that didn't involve giving out name, phone and address*. They were convinced that I was a woman pretending to be a man playing a female character so that guys would leave me alone; likewise, any attempt at using, say, a photo to show identity was dismissed as part of the "leave-me-alone-I-just-want-to-play pretense". I ended up leaving, they blamed each other and left also, it fell apart.

Some time later, I rolled a female Iksar lizard-person to play. I picked female because they were so gawdawful ugly that I had never once seen one in play. I started leveling in their starter zone, which was almost completely empty at all times. Within an hour, I had been hit on four times, including having high-level players invite me to their guilds and give me equipment. What I'd failed to realize was that people looked at my character model and theorized that only a "real" woman would play a female character that ugly. (Nevermind that every woman I ever met who played an iksar chose the male model because it looked good.) Things continued like that until I eventually abandoned the character.

*Yes, the argument could be made that the couples I describe were being deceitful in how they represented themselves, but I knew them for quite a while and just did not see that. They shared some extremely awkward intimate details with me that I can't repeat here, things that were definitely not part of any fantasy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    that you really liked and ended up pursuing her or meeting her irl?
    Marrying one in bout a years time. Was a lock I met while raid/guild leading Didn't actually "like and ended up pursuing" just got chatting, got chatting out of game, clicked, traded a few visits with (another country) and here we are.

Stereotypes definitely don't apply for either of us.

Before that met a few and yup, in 1 case it wasn't pretty (huuuuuuuge scotish NED female, I wasn't the "lucky" male tho and she came to see him) in another was cute but... a few too many cakes. The other 3ish cases have been quite positive so 2/3 decent.

and no... not a wow stalker just...oddly worked out like that.

It can be quite a positive thing tbh, if you don't mind traveling and aren't just going to make the trip for a hookup (cos really, boarding a plane intending to get laid really isn't going to end well) but to meet someone you get on with and experience a bit of foreign culture/enjoy a cheapish holiday there's no real harm/shame tbh.

If they're a bit more local you have something in common that's pretty easy to talk at fair length about as an ice-breaker and see what comes of it. Those who'll jump on it as "lol, geeks"... well, yes... but is that really a bad thing. It's fairly socially acceptable now (geek chic is kinda "in") and if your still one to point fingers... hmmm, this IS a forum site for a game about pixel elves/orcs/dragons you're being hypocritical on
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-01-25 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I ruined the marriage of a girl I met on wow once, her husband was in the guild and I got her to send topless photos to me. Posted them on the guild's message board on a throw-away account. The drama was amazing! They are now divorced. I feel like I saved that man.
    I could have done this too, never posted the pictures though. However, I did meet my current gf through WoW and now she lives with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keakee View Post
    Broad and sweeping generalizations, go!
    Served with a heaping helping of misogyny to boot!

Its not a generalization if ive never once seen the opposite. Well, there are some good looking ones. But they just use there boobs to get stream viewers[COLOR="red"]
    You need to become familiar with the definition of the word "generalization".