View Poll Results: MewTwo vs Goku

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • MewTwo

    33 19.76%
  • Goku

    131 78.44%
  • Tie

    3 1.80%

Thread: MewTwo vs Goku

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Let's start with this:

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo

    One of the most glaring things in this entry is:

    "To exert its powerful psychic abilities, it will stay motionless for long periods of time in intense concentration to raise its capabilities to their maximum power."

    Normally, you'd think this would be a superb advantage for Goku. However, given his tendency to let his enemies power to the max before finishing them, Mewtwo might have a chance.

    Yet, Goku can destroy the universe a bajillion times over, so...
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    Did we mention Goku is a god?

    People have not watched enough Dragonball it seems.
    To be fair, GT was horrible.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Care to show Mewtwo's feats of strength? Unlike Goku who can show a lot of feats, it is harder IMO to argue for Mewtwo cause it doesn't have the chapters and episodes of anime and manga to back him up. You say Mewtwo is smart......if it has prep time, there is a chance. With that said, You can't say that Freeza is weaker than Mewtwo cause you have nothing to compare that to. Mewtwo maybe super fast in the pokemon universe, but super fast could be he can move 1000 mph. Goku can probably move faster than that. You can't just say "Mewtwo teleport> Goku Teleport".

    thats true goku had way more screen time then mewtwo. people keep saying goku speed is to much for mewtwo your probably right but mewtwo can read all his moves then port so he wouldnt even need speed. Goku's might is no match for Mewtwos psychic strength. Goku throws a punch, its deflected. Goku shoots a kai blast, it's absorbed. goku blows up the planet, Mewtwo puts up a life support aura full of oxygen so he can reach another viable planet like namek, while goku is sucking space. GG
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    thats true goku had way more screen time then mewtwo. people keep saying goku speed is to much for mewtwo your probably right but mewtwo can read all his moves then port so he wouldnt even need speed. Goku's might is no match for Mewtwos psychic strength. Goku throws a punch, its deflected. Goku shoots a kai blast, it's absorbed. goku blows up the planet, Mewtwo puts up a life support aura full of oxygen so he can reach another viable planet like namek, while goku is sucking space. GG
    by the time that mewtwo has thought of moving though goku would have been able to move to where he was, plus goku can read power lvls? mewtwo cant?
    goku would be like hahahah spirit bomb.... your dead if your on this side of the planet.
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    thats true goku had way more screen time then mewtwo. people keep saying goku speed is to much for mewtwo your probably right but mewtwo can read all his moves then port so he wouldnt even need speed. Goku's might is no match for Mewtwos psychic strength. Goku throws a punch, its deflected. Goku shoots a kai blast, it's absorbed. goku blows up the planet, Mewtwo puts up a life support aura full of oxygen so he can reach another viable planet like namek, while goku is sucking space. GG
    you missed the part where goku moves faster than a thought is able to occur in ones mind, thus making it impossible for mewtwo to even interpret, let alone react to gokus thoughts.
    another thing here would be that goku very much moves and acts by instinct, thus he doesnt think about what hes gonna do next, so theres not even a thought that could be read anyways ~~

    another thing that just came to mind: goku probably has a bajillion times more battle experience than mewtwo. i mean c'mon, when did mewtwo ever get challenged in his universe? theres litterally no pokemon that can fight him on equal grounds, while goku had many fights with tough struggles, wich made him grow past his old limits tenfold.
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-01-25 at 04:25 AM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You really like ignoring things, don't you? Faster. Than. Light. It doesn't matter if Mewtwo's teleportation is instant, the thought required to initiate it is not. Goku also possesses enough physical and mental durability to handle anything Mewtwo can throw at him. Goku resisted telepathy with less than a trillionth of his end of DBZ power, never mind GT. Hundreds of miles is a ludicrously small amount when talking about anything that's even close to FTL speeds.

    Mewtwo's shields mean literally nothing. Even if they can reflect energy attacks, Goku rarely doesn't start off with a punch. And even if he did start off with an energy blast, Goku can easily tank or dodge his own energy attacks. And say what you want about Goku's intelligence, but he's not a dumb fighter. He's not gonna keep throwing energy at himself. He'll try punching, and he'll punch Mewtwo's head off.

    goku is like a instinctual fighter he does what he feels will work. mewtwo on the other does what he know will work he will know about his speed and easily counter it no problem. if you know your target is faster then you adjust which will be easy for mewtwo because of in insane mental power. mewtwo has enhancesed spider senses basicly

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 04:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    by the time that mewtwo has thought of moving though goku would have been able to move to where he was, plus goku can read power lvls? mewtwo cant?
    goku would be like hahahah spirit bomb.... your dead if your on this side of the planet.

    power lvl is meaningless. spirit bomb takes like 10 mins goku brain would be melted in 0.1 seconds
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  7. #47
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    thats true goku had way more screen time then mewtwo. people keep saying goku speed is to much for mewtwo your probably right but mewtwo can read all his moves then port so he wouldnt even need speed. Goku's might is no match for Mewtwos psychic strength. Goku throws a punch, its deflected. Goku shoots a kai blast, it's absorbed. goku blows up the planet, Mewtwo puts up a life support aura full of oxygen so he can reach another viable planet like namek, while goku is sucking space. GG
    If Goku did blow up the planet, he could just use his Instant Transmission to move to a different planet, or a different dimension for that matter, as he is able to move freely between our universe, the afterlife, and the planet of the Kais (aka DBZ Gods). There is also quite a bit of debate as to whether or not Saiyans are actually able to breathe in space, similar to Frieza's race. While Frieza and Goku both believe Goku would have died if he had been on Namek when it blew up, neither know much about Saiyan biology. There have been several scenes showing Saiyans fighting outside of a planet's atmosphere. Of course, whether or not he can is a moot point once we get back to the fact that Goku can teleport.

    You're also giving the strength of Mewtwo's shield a lot of credit. Energy Shields and deflection have been used in DBZ, but sooner or later, they get broken.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,896
    Goku might be able to beat mewtwo... but he'll never... NEVER... be able to beat The Hulk.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  9. #49
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Zoma, you clean up here.
    Oh come on, we've been in these threads before. That task is impossible.

  10. #50
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    GT Goku quite literally becomes god. There is no competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    Did we mention Goku is a god?
    People have not watched enough Dragonball it seems.
    No. That's just fan-based conjecture. It's never been confirmed by Akira Toriyama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Hehe it's true the monkey king parallels are so blatant, it is like they didn't even bother trying to hide them.
    Considering that's what it originally started as an homage to, they should be blatant.

  12. #52
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    Can Mewtwo dance?

  13. #53
    Nobody is talking Kai's here, Goku actually becomes "THE" God (aka the creator). There isn't even an argument for mew-two against that.

    Besides i see a hell of a lot of over-stating mew-two's abilities, there is no evidence of any of his powers even being close to what some of you are claiming. Frankly in the movie imo he seems weaker than Raditz.

    No. That's just fan-based conjecture. It's never been confirmed by Akira Toriyama.
    No. Toriyama doesn't consider it Canon. GT did happen however regardless of what Toriyama objected and the event of Goku leaving with Shenron did happen
    Last edited by Fawxey; 2013-01-25 at 04:37 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    goku is like a instinctual fighter he does what he feels will work. mewtwo on the other does what he know will work he will know about his speed and easily counter it no problem. if you know your target is faster then you adjust which will be easy for mewtwo because of in insane mental power. mewtwo has enhancesed spider senses basicly

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 04:21 AM ----------




    power lvl is meaningless. spirit bomb takes like 10 mins goku brain would be melted in 0.1 seconds
    You say that you are a DBZ fanboy yet you don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the show or characters. Goku has a teleport its called instant transmission. All he has to do is read a power signature or picture a place and he is there. Broly also had an impenetrable energy shield so with enough power goku was able to push him into the sun with his ki blast. In the first season of DBS it states that radditz goku's older brother moved faster than the speed of light. By the end of the series the characters were all so powerful that the supreme Kai who oversaw the universe as a god was terrified of the powers they threw around.

    Nothing in the universe of Pokemon even remotely mentions mewtwo can destroy the universe or cross dimensional barriers or let alone would be considered a god. Besides in the 2nd mewtwo movie doesn't he nearly die when he is captured by Giovanni's robots?

  15. #55
    goku will plays around while mewtwo doesnt play games. he wouldnt let him even move, mindraped the moment he saw mewtwo. goku would be dead before he realized the fight was serious
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  16. #56
    Goku. Wtf is a mewtwo?

  17. #57
    It's already proven that any mental abuse can be overtaken by Goku. Mewtwo's psychic powers wouldn't keep hold, because the sayajin makeup allows for him to become more powerful as the fight goes on. Just watching the series you see how Goku's power can increase 10x before he changes his form. Kaioken increased his strength and speed, how much per "stack"? I remember him screaming about it hitting in the 50s or so.

    Don't even add in the 3rd transformation that is supposed perfect, when it comes to speed and compact mucle.

    Speed of thought can only get so fast. Speed of electrical conduction would be the limit on how fast any of these two would be able to respond at any point.

    So, maybe random rage induced attacks and movement would be a factor here. Meaning physical strength would win out.

    Ape form Goku would win.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrus View Post
    You say that you are a DBZ fanboy yet you don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the show or characters. Goku has a teleport its called instant transmission. All he has to do is read a power signature or picture a place and he is there. Broly also had an impenetrable energy shield so with enough power goku was able to push him into the sun with his ki blast. In the first season of DBS it states that radditz goku's older brother moved faster than the speed of light. By the end of the series the characters were all so powerful that the supreme Kai who oversaw the universe as a god was terrified of the powers they threw around.

    Nothing in the universe of Pokemon even remotely mentions mewtwo can destroy the universe or cross dimensional barriers or let alone would be considered a god. Besides in the 2nd mewtwo movie doesn't he nearly die when he is captured by Giovanni's robots?
    goku is unable to port when he is under presure, he has to concentrate it happened in the show he couldnt port because he was under to much pressure
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  19. #59
    In dbz the fighters can move faster than the speed of light (or so they say) doubt mewtwo can stand up to that. Or even super saiyan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  20. #60
    goku doesnt get stronger mid fight unless he transform. sayians get stronger when they heal up after a fight not during
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •